“Foodies and Hungry Travelers - Prepare to have fun!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hawaii Food Tours

Hawaii Food Tours
Ranked #1 of 22 Food & Drink in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: Hawaii Food Tours™ was created by Hawaii's #1 Food Writer and Restaurant Reviewer, Chef Matthew Gray. It's for those who love food & fun. Voted Best Tours on Oahu for the past two years in a row! Two different daily tours; one takes place in & around Honolulu... the other goes to the North Shore. We will feed, educate and entertain you all day long! MSNBC Network called us one of the best food experiences in the world! These fantastic tours feature Yummy Food, Fascinating History, and Culinary Decadence! Our Famous Hole-in-the-Wall Tour™ includes a behind-the-scenes walking and tasting tour in Honolulu's amazingly colorful Chinatown! It's an entertaining, informative and FUN Honolulu City Tour with several stops, including 2 of Hawaii's most famous Bakeries & one of a kind Marketplaces. You'll be eating between 15 & 20 different foods! This tour takes place all over Honolulu, away from the touristy areas of Waikiki, where only the real locals go to eat. Our North Shore Food Tour™ gives guests a tasty glimpse of the colorful and rural "countryside" area of our island of Oahu. Many people read about the North Shore, about the beautiful huge waves, the garlic shrimp trucks, and rustic away-from-the-city areas, and that's what we give our guests, including some genuine Hawaiian food, a garlic shrimp plate, various pastries, Hawaiian Beer, and a visit to a coffee and sugar plantation.
Kenai, Alaska
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Foodies and Hungry Travelers - Prepare to have fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2008

Combine Anthony Bourdain's sense of adventure, Mario Batalis' food knowledge, Emeril's enthusiasm and Paula Deen's charm and hospitality and you have a sense of what it is like to spend the day with Matthew and Keira on their "Hole in the Wall" Tour.
With their local expertise, they took us around Honolulu to places, as tourists, we would have never found (or had access to) by ourselves.
Come hungry and you'll go home with great memories, a more educated palate and fantastic recipes. This was an excellent way for one food geek and his hungry wife to spend the day, and Matthew and Keria made us feel like long lost friends - a truly great day!
Mahalo for an experience that we'll be talking about for a long time!

5 Thank aktravelers2008

• Turkish first
Huntington Beach
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Better the 2nd time around!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2008

We did the tour with Matthew and Keira a little over three years ago when they were just starting. It was great then. We decided to go again based on the recent reviews. It was like visiting old friends. The tour repeated the malasada and Sugoi bento stop. Both are great...the cocopuffs are to die for. They've added an extended stop in China town which was excellent - BBQ pork and fresh rice noodles. The best thing about the tour is all the hints and recommendations that Matthew and Keira provide based on their years of experience. Keira adds that extra local girl touch by telling you how long something has been there, that she went there when she was growing up, etc. Why on earth would be do the tour a second time? The reviews on this site...Based on our experience, we would do it a third and fourth time...everytime we come back. We will try the dinner tour next. Best update: Matthew and Keira has set a date (FINALLY!). Congratulations. A definite must for anyone staying in Waikiki - get out of the hotel and chain store dining, and try the various hole-in-the-walls that they suggest.

6 Thank MachiHB
Palm Harbor, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2008

My wife and I just moved to the Island and really wanted to find some nice, out of the way places of Honolulu. Hawaiian Food Tours was perfect. All the establishments were excellent food choices and will suggest all our visitors to try their tours.

4 Thank Tupp1
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The best part of my trip in Oahu!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2008

This was the best tour ever! How could it not be with all the wonderful food - and I do love food! Mathew and Keira were the best and when you meet them you just know that they love food too! I would recommend this tour to anyone. Not only do you eat - a lot! - you learn about the culture and many areas of Honolulu that you would not find on your own. The next time I go back to Hawaii I would definitely take this tour again and I will be signing up for the evening food tours as well. I just wish I could have gone on the tour earlier in my vacation week so that I could have eaten at all of the places more - oh well, there is always next time and it is a good thing I didn't go early - I gained 5lbs anyway and would have gained way more!!!! All cities should have this tour! We need to franchise!

The Coco Puff pastry and the malasadas were my favorite! Also the tour of China Town was very educational. I can't wait to use my Li Hing powder in margaritas and possibly a new pomegranate concoction that I think this would be fabulous in!

You rock Matt and Keira! I think I'm in love with you both!!! LOL! Please keep going with the tour and congratulations on your engagement! You two are the best!

6 Thank txag1992
Washington DC, District of Columbia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2008

We went on the hole in the wall tour last week. The owners are very knowledgeable and so sweet! We learned so much, and ate so much. I would definitly rec this tour to anyone traveling to Hawaii. Thanks guys!

5 Thank kirnat848