“Yummy Food Tour!”
Review of Hawaii Food Tours

Hawaii Food Tours
Ranked #1 of 26 Food & Drink in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: Hawaii Food Tours™ was created by Hawaii's #1 Food Writer and Restaurant Reviewer, Chef Matthew Gray. It's for those who love food & fun. Voted Best Tours on Oahu for the past two years in a row! Two different daily tours; one takes place in & around Honolulu... the other goes to the North Shore. We will feed, educate and entertain you all day long! MSNBC Network called us one of the best food experiences in the world! These fantastic tours feature Yummy Food, Fascinating History, and Culinary Decadence! Our Famous Hole-in-the-Wall Tour™ includes a behind-the-scenes walking and tasting tour in Honolulu's amazingly colorful Chinatown! It's an entertaining, informative and FUN Honolulu City Tour with several stops, including 2 of Hawaii's most famous Bakeries & one of a kind Marketplaces. You'll be eating between 15 & 20 different foods! This tour takes place all over Honolulu, away from the touristy areas of Waikiki, where only the real locals go to eat. Our North Shore Food Tour™ gives guests a tasty glimpse of the colorful and rural "countryside" area of our island of Oahu. Many people read about the North Shore, about the beautiful huge waves, the garlic shrimp trucks, and rustic away-from-the-city areas, and that's what we give our guests, including some genuine Hawaiian food, a garlic shrimp plate, various pastries, Hawaiian Beer, and a visit to a coffee and sugar plantation.
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This tour was one of my favorite activities during our vacation. Greg and Keira were great guides and made the tour a lot of fun. We got to try many different items from the sweet side i.e. coco puffs, malasadas, coconut tarts (my personal favorite), rambutan and also from the savory i.e. chow fun with hand made rice noodle, poke, spam musubi, manapua. I was stuffed by the end of the tour and glad I only had yogurt for breakfast! Greg and Keira were also very knowledgeable and it was great to learn about the history of the ethic influences in hawaiian cuisine. Looking forward to coming back and doing the North Shore food tour next year. Mahalo!

90  Thank SDCandybar
Write a ReviewReviews (1,867)

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We've been to Hawaii a lot, and we eat out a lot - so I really didn't think this tour would introduce me to foods I had not eaten before. I was so wrong. Robin & Sahara were fun, organized and extremely knowledgeable about everything from Hawaiian history to Hawaiian culture and of course to food. The food choices were great. All I did was eat & take photos of what I was eating. The follow up e-mail will help you remember everywhere you went and what you ate. I'm so glad we didn't eat breakfast before the tour. I can't recommend this tour enough. If you like food - or if you just want to learn a lot about where you're visiting - sign up immediately. And do it early in your trip so you can take advantage of everything you learn - including great recommendations for other places to eat. Thanks Robin & Sahara - it was GREAT!

84  Thank JM1051
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

I decided to book this tour based on the ranking on TripAdvisor and I'm so glad I did! Keira and Greg were awesome. The food was original and so delicious. We even visited a few of their recommendations during the rest of our vacation. WELL DONE!!

66  Thank Melissa H
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

We had Robin & Sahara as our guides, and had fantastic food in places we would never have found by ourselves.

47  Thank Susan G
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I really enjoyed this tour (the hole in the wall tour) and the only thing I would have changed is me not eating breakfast before I went on the tour!!
The guides were fantastic, the food was fantastic and overall a great trip out. We were really impressed with the attention to detail, things such as having wet wipes when needed, bottled water, compact stools to take to sit on...
I would suggest going on the tour early on in your trip so you can go and eat at some of the places again and get ideas of where to eat at night.

58  Thank sam_jo_foss