“Hole in the Wall Food Tour”
Review of Hawaii Food Tours

Hawaii Food Tours
Ranked #1 of 25 Food & Drink in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: Hawaii Food Tours™ was created by Hawaii's #1 Food Writer and Restaurant Reviewer, Chef Matthew Gray. It's for those who love food & fun. Voted Best Tours on Oahu for the past two years in a row! Two different daily tours; one takes place in & around Honolulu... the other goes to the North Shore. We will feed, educate and entertain you all day long! MSNBC Network called us one of the best food experiences in the world! These fantastic tours feature Yummy Food, Fascinating History, and Culinary Decadence! Our Famous Hole-in-the-Wall Tour™ includes a behind-the-scenes walking and tasting tour in Honolulu's amazingly colorful Chinatown! It's an entertaining, informative and FUN Honolulu City Tour with several stops, including 2 of Hawaii's most famous Bakeries & one of a kind Marketplaces. You'll be eating between 15 & 20 different foods! This tour takes place all over Honolulu, away from the touristy areas of Waikiki, where only the real locals go to eat. Our North Shore Food Tour™ gives guests a tasty glimpse of the colorful and rural "countryside" area of our island of Oahu. Many people read about the North Shore, about the beautiful huge waves, the garlic shrimp trucks, and rustic away-from-the-city areas, and that's what we give our guests, including some genuine Hawaiian food, a garlic shrimp plate, various pastries, Hawaiian Beer, and a visit to a coffee and sugar plantation.
Calgary, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Hole in the Wall Food Tour”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Glad I squeezed this tour in but wished I did it sooner. A very fun tour with lots to eat nonstop. I wish I didn't have anything to eat for breakfast. Sahara and Greg were great in their knowledge of food in Hawaii. Next time I want to do the North Shore tour. They provide water and little stools to sit on as you head to the different sites. Great tour!

Visited September 2013
63 Thank Rabbit G

• Turkish first
Bendigo
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 141 helpful votes
“Hole in the wall food tour”
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

What an exciting morning we had. Keira & Greg were excellent hosts and most knowledgable on Hawaii and it's food sources and cultures. We experienced over 12 delicacies from the island. The tour is more about other food cultures that have made Hawaiian food what it is today. We also had a short time to wander ourselves around an Asian fresh food market. Transport is well provided in an air conditioned bus with pick up and return provided to your hotel. Well recommended

78 Thank Robyn1006
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Hole on the wall tour”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

What a wonderful event that was a dip into the ethnicity and food culture of the Hawaiian islands.Both rachael and greg were very knowlegable tour guides not only for food but for the history of the islands. A true delight for 1st timers like my wife and I. Not to be missed. Include this hole in the wall tour for a pleasant day out.

Visited August 2013
42 Thank John Z
Easthampton, Massachusetts
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Excellent day”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We loved this tour. Rachael and Greg could not have been better guides. We got to try so many different things I lost count. My favorite was the coco puff. We did this tour at the beginning of our trip and Rachael was kind enough to write down many things for us to see and places to eat near where we are staying. I would recommend this tour to anyone looking to try some new foods

59 Thank Mich115
Anacortes, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful time on the tour! We have been on several food tours, and this one was equally great! We loved the variety of REAL HAWIIAN foods (food I'm certain we would have never eaten in the city), and the stories/places we dined made the food taste even better! Robin even bought a SPAM treat on our travels at my husbands' request to try this unusual food we saw at an ABC store. Our guides were very accommodating (water at our stops, and making the touring van comfortable). We learned about Hawaiian culture (past and present), local sights ( we saw a sea-turtle!) and even got to share our own experiences. We even received a follow-up e-mail! This tour is about much more than food-- the HAWIIAN way of life! You will not be disappointed! Mahalo Friends!

52 Thank Jody C