“You have to take this tour!”
Review of Hawaii Food Tours

Hawaii Food Tours
Ranked #1 of 25 Food & Drink in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: Hawaii Food Tours™ was created by Hawaii's #1 Food Writer and Restaurant Reviewer, Chef Matthew Gray. It's for those who love food & fun. Voted Best Tours on Oahu for the past two years in a row! Two different daily tours; one takes place in & around Honolulu... the other goes to the North Shore. We will feed, educate and entertain you all day long! MSNBC Network called us one of the best food experiences in the world! These fantastic tours feature Yummy Food, Fascinating History, and Culinary Decadence! Our Famous Hole-in-the-Wall Tour™ includes a behind-the-scenes walking and tasting tour in Honolulu's amazingly colorful Chinatown! It's an entertaining, informative and FUN Honolulu City Tour with several stops, including 2 of Hawaii's most famous Bakeries & one of a kind Marketplaces. You'll be eating between 15 & 20 different foods! This tour takes place all over Honolulu, away from the touristy areas of Waikiki, where only the real locals go to eat. Our North Shore Food Tour™ gives guests a tasty glimpse of the colorful and rural "countryside" area of our island of Oahu. Many people read about the North Shore, about the beautiful huge waves, the garlic shrimp trucks, and rustic away-from-the-city areas, and that's what we give our guests, including some genuine Hawaiian food, a garlic shrimp plate, various pastries, Hawaiian Beer, and a visit to a coffee and sugar plantation.
hermosa beach ca
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“You have to take this tour!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Thank you Bill and Sahara for taking us into your food family.
Perfect size group( the van hold 13), so you really get too meet and talk to everyone.
The food they pick is delish! Go early on in your vacation so you can eat at other restaurants they suggest!
Great food,Great people ,stools to seat on, name tags, they really know how to run a tour.
Aloha,
PS. That night, I received an email from Sahara with recipes, recommendations and a recap of the places we eat at!!!

44 Thank andersonng655

• Turkish first
Norwood, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Best Experience in Hawaii!!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

we received this tour as a gift from our daugher and son-in-law.
had a wonderful time
Bill and Sahara were very informative and delightful to have as guides
ate so many new foods and learned a lot
highly rcommend this tour

57 Thank Cathy K
Ashland, Oregon, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Highlight of our trip!!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Just do it!! Such a great tour, we had Rachel and Matt and it was perfect. You feel like you are spending the day with friends and we loved it. The food stops were delicious and we were so grateful to experience something authentic to the island. Our professional staff and daughters enjoyed every minute! You will not regret it, I promise!!

49 Thank Dana R
Nelson Bay, Australia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Yum!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This tour was an unexpected highlight of our holiday and we booked it on the spur of the moment. Our host were Rachael and Greg who fessed up that this was their first time together but you would never know that from the banter between them. Very well run - we saw a different side of the city as they go where the real people eat. Great selection of food some very different. Their local knowledge and information about the history of their country was an added bonus as were the dining recommendations and the honesty of where not to eat! Well worth the cost for a very different experience.

42 Thank Cathleen59
California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Best Taste of the Island”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

If you're visiting Oahu, you MUST book a Hole-in-the-Wall food tour with Hawaii Food Tours and be sure to ask for Bill and Sahara. Go with an empty stomach and anticipate meeting some wonderful people. When booking this tour, I was a bit hesitant, as I am a bariatric (aka: weight-loss surgery) patient and was concerned about the type of food offerings I would receive. I was pleased to find out that the quality was exceptional and was able to sample most of what was offered. However, I was not prepared for the amount of food we would be eating and found that the ziplock baggies I brought along came in quite handy. I was the lucky one who got to enjoy the food even after the tour ended.

Bill and Sahara are the perfect team and made the day a great success for all. They thought of everything; cold drinking water, folding chairs and umbrellas (my mom was the only one wise enough to take the umbrella... the rest of us got a "free" shower). After the tour, but before the day ended, Sahara sent out an email with a complete list of all the places we visited, a list of suggested places to visit on the other island and even recipes and links for more recipes.

If you're lucky, you will get to taste an amazing pineapple-lychee smoothie. I generally don't like smoothies; its a texture thing. However, I made my mind up before the tour began that I was going to embrace the experience and I am so glad I did. The smoothie and the homemade pork and shrimp noodle dish was the highlight of the day for me.

Visited March 2013