“HOLE IN THE WALL TOUR THE BEST!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hawaii Food Tours

Hawaii Food Tours
Ranked #1 of 22 Food & Drink in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: Hawaii Food Tours™ was created by Hawaii's #1 Food Writer and Restaurant Reviewer, Chef Matthew Gray. It's for those who love food & fun. Voted Best Tours on Oahu for the past two years in a row! Two different daily tours; one takes place in & around Honolulu... the other goes to the North Shore. We will feed, educate and entertain you all day long! MSNBC Network called us one of the best food experiences in the world! These fantastic tours feature Yummy Food, Fascinating History, and Culinary Decadence! Our Famous Hole-in-the-Wall Tour™ includes a behind-the-scenes walking and tasting tour in Honolulu's amazingly colorful Chinatown! It's an entertaining, informative and FUN Honolulu City Tour with several stops, including 2 of Hawaii's most famous Bakeries & one of a kind Marketplaces. You'll be eating between 15 & 20 different foods! This tour takes place all over Honolulu, away from the touristy areas of Waikiki, where only the real locals go to eat. Our North Shore Food Tour™ gives guests a tasty glimpse of the colorful and rural "countryside" area of our island of Oahu. Many people read about the North Shore, about the beautiful huge waves, the garlic shrimp trucks, and rustic away-from-the-city areas, and that's what we give our guests, including some genuine Hawaiian food, a garlic shrimp plate, various pastries, Hawaiian Beer, and a visit to a coffee and sugar plantation.
ROSEVILLE
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“HOLE IN THE WALL TOUR THE BEST!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Returned from the Hole in the Wall Tour today and boy, are we happy we did it! Sahara and Bill were the best tour guides we have ever experienced. We tasted foods that were new to us and absolutely delicious. I highly recommend this tour to anyone that visits Oahu. Do it...you'll be happy you did!!

45 Thank JODY K

• Turkish first
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“The best tour of my stay so far”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

As a bit of a tour cynic, it was a breath of fresh air to get tour leaders who were not only knowledgable about the subject of their tour but just as passionate about the subject matter as their guests.

With Bill and Sahara in the lead we were swept from one fantastic local dish to another efficiently and there were no dead spots like there are in most tours. Also, they were genuinely engaging, knew their stuff inside out and motivated to give us the best experience they could. None of the corny jokes, condescension or factual errors I'm so used to seeing in other tour packages around the world (seriously, I had one in San Francisco last week that insisted the Summer of Love was in 1965 despite guests correcting him).

As well as the food aspects there were even elements of a standard sightseeing tour thrown in, so we really felt we got value for money. I highly recommend this.

46 Thank Gareth W
Sunnyvale, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Don't miss this tour if you love food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

This tour, with Sahara and Bill, was the highlight of our trip to Oahu. Even if you live there, you probably don't know about the places to which they took us, and even if you did, you wouldn't get Sahara and Bill's knowledge, personality and fun factor without this tour. Don't miss it - worth every penny. The owner will work with you on pickup/dropoff needs you may have, which was fantastic. Have I raved enough?!

42 Thank Lynn M
Abbotsford, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Hole in the Wall Tour Honolulu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

If you ever have the chance to take this tour-JUMP! It is one of the best things I did in Honolulu. Amazing guides-Greg and Sahara- showed us some out of the way places, that you would never find on your own. The food is delicious and plentiful- the history lesson is fun and the comraderies you form on that tour will stay with you for a long time.If you are a foodie- like myself-BOOK NOW- NOT to be missed. I cannot say enough good things! Mahalo!!

24 Thank DianeBennettHarcott
Adelaide, Australia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“So glad I did this”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I was travelling alone and came across this tour and knew it wasn't something I could miss. My tour guides were Greg and Sahara. Straight away getting on this bus was pleasant they took time to ask where I was from and had me interacting with the other people on the bus. Sahara was happy to answer any questions we had both food and waikiki related.

Our first stop was a little sweet bread shop whilst eating they pointed out filming locations and temples. Being on the bus was enjoyable Gary was a fantastic driver. Being on the bus solo was probably the best thing, all the other tour members were willing to chat and have a laugh about my accent and use of the word "jumper". These people probably made the tour even better and can only hope for another group that friendly.

All the food we had was fresh and full of flavour. Half way through I thought surely I would have to stop for food on my way home an a Burger King but my goodness I was wrong. I was soooo full by the end of it I thought I would be sick.

I can't even begin to say how highly suggested it is for visitors or even locals (and there were 3 on my bus) to do this tour. Fantastic food, guides and sights to see. If I had the time I would do it again tomorrow but instead I promise to return with family and do the tour again in the future.

Best thing I've done all holiday.

37 Thank feltonese