“Noontime, had to wait for table, but excellent food.”

Uncle's Fish Market & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Uncle's Fish Market & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #72 of 2,453 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Got there at noontime, had a 15 minute wait. Had seafood dishes. Had a table by the window. It was a little high price but it was sure fresh fish. It is a seat down place. Lots of locals.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Nicco's & Uncle's are two fish restaurants at pier 38 in Honolulu. Nicco's is a large, very busy, and moderately-priced, "order-here, pickup-there, & find a table" restaurant. Judging from the crowd, it must be a good value, but we ate at Uncle's, across the street.

Uncle's is a smaller; casual, but still very nice, "sit-down" restaurant. The tables are wooden picnic-style, but finished with a nice lacquer and tasteful place mats. The menu is limited to strictly fresh fish - and fresh is what you get since they're right at the pier for Honolulu's fishing fleet.

My wife had the monchong Hong-Kong -style, in broth with spinach. She raved about it, and came back a few days later for another round of the same thing. I had the grilled opakapaka and the grilled ahi. Both were very good, but I live near the beach in California, and am used to
grilled fish being - well,... simply grilled. Apparently the Hawaiians like gravy on their fish. It was good, but I prefer the CA style. Still, next time I'm in Honolulu, I'll go back to Uncle's, but I'll try to leave the gravy off.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Oh My Gosh! Love, LOVE LOVE!!! Uncle's. This is a family owned and run restruant. You want fresh fish- this is the spot. The Butter Fish is to die for! Mahi (check it is awesome!) Family fav's are the Mango Opah and Uncle's Poke. They do take reservations- check to see if they have music the night you are dining- they book local groups to play in evening- it is fantastic! Uncle's is local- you can see the family's history on the walls- don't miss this- break away for the tourist traps- you will not regret it

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My family decided to give Uncle's a try, due to the crowds at other local restaurants. I had the only memorable dish out of the seven we ordered. The diver's scallops and shrimp were well prepared, although the three shrimp and two scallops were not very filling. The other six dishes ordered were average and a bit over-cooked. Nico's next door gives better value for your money, in my opinion.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We visit Uncle's every time we visit Oahu. The fish is fresh, delicious, and perfectly prepared. I had the Opakapaka with mushroom sauce, rice, and veggies. A glass of Chardonnay completed my tasty experience. We had to have the Poke Tower - always a hit. Everyone else loved their dinners: Ahi belly, monchong, chowder, fried fish. The service was great. Table service was a nice surprise, as we'd been used to ordering at the counter. Until next time...