“Great Way to See Old Honolulu”
Review of Segway of Hawaii

and up
Honolulu Segway Tour: Kapiolani Park, Makalei Beach Park and Queen’s Surf Beach
Ranked #50 of 327 Tours in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: All New Updated Tour CenterFull Service, Segway Sales, Guided Tours, Mobile Marketing & Concierge Services. Private Circle Island Tours, Private Segway tours and Glides.
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Way to See Old Honolulu”
Reviewed September 13, 2010

We have visited Waikiki many, many times over the years, as our 3 boys got older - Hawaii's neighbor islands didn't have all the fun and 'action' that our boys wanted - and us as well. So, a few weeks ago, we were back in Waikiki for 10 days and our boys and their friends were looking for something different to do than the norm of surfing and other water sports that they can also do at home in LA.

Well, one of our sons saw a group taking a Segway tour and inquired more about what they offer and while my husband and I opted to take Segway of Hawaii's 'Honolulu & Cultural Tour' to downtown Honolulu; our boys and friends took their Diamond Head Tour.
They have a super variety of tours and we all had a fantastic time.

The guides rolled up and greeted us with Aloha and welcome and escorted us to their training area near the beach. Despite the fact we were taking different tours - we all trained together and we found it super-easy to learn how to ride a Segway. After about 20-minutes, we all were ready and the boys and their guides took off to Waikiki and Diamond Head, and my husband and I took off with our guide to downtown.

We road through Ala Moana Beach Park - which we learned was a 'local's' beach - and since this was a Wednesday - there was NO ONE THERE - and we knew we wanted to come back and experience this beautiful, serene beach later in the day (we were on their 9am tour). Anyway, we rode through the park and then stopped to see a restored coral
reef at the Aloha Tower and fed the fish. We then went into to Chinatown - which was a blast! Such a variety of fruits and our guide was quite knowledgeable about the various varieties too...which was nice. We then went to the State Capitol, rode the grounds of Iolani Palace (we've been before - make reservations - it's delightful) and then to the King Kamehameha Statue across the street. Everyone who was on a van or bus tour - took our photos on the Segway's in front of the statue - it was really hilarious.

Then we stopped at the oldest church in Hawaii and saw the Mission Houses too - first built by the first missionaries who came to Hawaii - and then back to the beach and headed back to where our tour started.

All in all - our 3 hours were well worth every penny! Our guide was really nice and smart and shared his Aloha with us - and our boys too - on their 3-hour tour to Diamond Head had a blast.

We all thought that riding a Segway would be kinda-of different - and it was. It was so easy to navigate, even with pedestrians going by and our guide made sure we had a safe and fun and informative tour.

Worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY - and we also learned that this is the ONLY ACTIVITY IN WAIKIKI THAT IS 100% 'green!' So, we also did something nice - at least for a little while - for Honolulu.

We'll be back on our next trip! Great Tour - everyone should try a Segway - it could be the future of personal transportation!

2 Thank lauren47dr

• Chinese (Traditional) first
San Carlos, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“If you only do one thing while in Honolulu, call Mike and do the Segway”
Reviewed September 11, 2010

Going on the Historic Honolulu Segway tour was an after thought on my behalf. While walking on the beach, a young lady named Liz asked me if I was interested in going on a Segway. I said yes for the simple reason that I wanted to go ride a Segway. Mike, the tour guide made this the best thing I have done in Honolulu. Mike grew up on the Islands and knows the History as if he had lived it personally. I guess the fact that I was the only person who showed up for the tour made things easier on him; however, I was made to feel that this was the greatest thing he had done all week. I will not attempt to describe the tour itself. You must simply do that yourself. The automatic tip included in the bill was not sufficient for Mike and I doubled it. Make sure that you get here and do this tour. It will make seeing the historic sights of Honolulu make sense.

2 Thank DonnieG046
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Very fun”
Reviewed September 10, 2010

I went on the "Magic Island Glide Ride" with the Segway of Hawaii in Waikiki and it was great. I had no real riding experience on a segway prior to the tour but with our guides help it didn't take very long to learn, and ridding a segway was much more fun than i had imagined it to be. the tour guides name was Alan, we went through waikiki and out to magic island which was stunning! and has a real local feel to it unkike Waikiki. the trip was great i woulnt hesitate to go on another one.

1 Thank cheee_it_10
Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sunset at Magic island was.......Magic!”
Reviewed September 10, 2010

Unbelievable!!! Segway of Hawaii has the best aloha spirit i've experienced since coming to the island. Upon arriving at our start location my friends and i were greeted by the friendly staff, and immediately introduced to the machines. Having arrived a little early we had some extra play time to become fully accustomed to the segways before departing on our sunset tour. Now, i had my reserves about maneuvering around people and traffic getting to and from was going to be a hassle but to my amazement our guide directed us beautifully so as to make us a perfect snake formation. Magic island itself was just absolutely incredible and our guide was just brimming full of fun facts about the island, native plants and animals, locations and mountain ranges. If your coming to Oahu i recommend Segway of Hawaii, i only took the shorter of they're six tours but with this kind of Aloha spirit you can bet that i'll be a returning customer.

1 Thank ndw411
Palm Springs, California
“Wow!”
Reviewed September 6, 2010

What do i say when i talk about Segway of Hawaii? do i talk about great customer service? How it was worth my dollar in this economy?

I talk about how much fun i had to my last stay in Hawaii!!!

1 Thank a2zingg