“A Nice Way to Tour”

$178.01*
Sunset on the Beach Segway Tour
Ranked #57 of 335 Tours in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: All New Updated Tour CenterFull Service, Segway Sales, Guided Tours, Mobile Marketing & Concierge Services. Private Circle Island Tours, Private Segway tours and Glides.
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Shane and Ryan are a great pair of guides on the Waikiki/Diamond Head Segway tour. Our tour started at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Everyone got 1:1 time to build confidence in riding the transporters. I had previous gliding experience, but I was the only one in our group of four. After the training, it was out onto the crowded sidewalks of Waikiki. This can be a bit of a challenge, but the pace was easy and not rushed. Lots of smiles from many of the other pedestrians/tourists we encountered. Shane is very knowlegable in island history and politics. Ryan has lots of funny stories and is a great conversationalist. The tour wound through Waikiki, and we stopped at quite a few points of interest, including a bathroom/water/snack stop, before beginning our climb up Diamond Head. I don't recall the name of the lookout the we stopped at, but you could look back on Honolulu and Waikiki, and forward to what I think is called the "Gold Coast." The view was awesome. From there we turned around and headed back to the Hilton. Total time was about 3-1/2 hours. A couple words of caution: 1) You're standing up for the entire tour, with not a lot of opportunity the shift your stance. This can make for some tired feet and legs. The Segway operates best with both feet planted firmly, and it takes a little experience to know how to best move your feet around to give them a break. 2) The close-order gliding on the crowded Waikiki sidewalks commands your concentration. It gets easier as you gain confidence. Be careful not to make contact with others' Segway wheels or other barriers along the sidewalks and trails, as this can lead to a fall, and falls from a Segway can come with little to no warning. Loose soft sand along the beach is a fall hazard, too...just pay close attention to where you wheels are, and you'll do fine. I loved it; my wife only liked it (too much time "standing" in one place). A little pricey ($150+tax), but for 3-1/2 hours, not totally out of line. Tips are encouraged at the end, based on what you paid for the tour. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes, and sunscreen, as you can spend a great deal of time in the open while gliding. Hats are not practical, since everyone (except our tour guides ????) is required to wear a bicycle helmet while gliding (a smart requirement). Each Segway transporter has a pouch for a water bottle and other small personal items. Fun, fun, fun!!!

2  Thank SKPeterson

Reviewed September 22, 2012

My wife and I took the Segway sunset tour and had a spectacular time. Our tour guide was Shane who explained in great detail the history and botanical information on all our stops. He puts both humour and enthusiasm in all his explanations as well as recommends other Hawaiian points of interest. The highlight of the tour was where he talked about past Hawaiian kings and battles as we watched the sunset. It was both beautiful and intriguing. We highly recommend asking for Shane for the Segway tours!

2  Thank Derrick F
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Our segway tour to an overlook point near Diamond Head was one of our favorite activities during our stay on Oahu. We did not stay in Waikiki, but wanted to visit it. The segway tour was a great way to accomplish that & zipping through the streets of Waikiki was a lot of fun!

Alan and his crew worked with our small group and instructed us on how to operate the Segway. There was no rush and they took the time to make sure you were comfortable using it. Along the tour, our guides were very friendly and shared many interesting stories and various histories of the area.

A great choice of activity!

2  Thank Kate S
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Well, what can I say................My 12 year old son "Casey" & I went on this tour. Ryan was our guide.........We had a great time..It was a surprise for my son. He loved it & so did I. Ryan was so informative about everything, and offered help where ever it was needed.........Great teacher, Great guide, & Great time........Will definatly book this tour again........THANK YOU RYAN......!!!!

1  Thank crystalaziza
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Ryan was our tour guide for the segway adventure and he was a lot of fun! We have done numerous tours and were well versed in the usage so he was kind enough to let us have a more advanced ride. He was knowledgeable and entertaining throughout the tour. He took lots of photos for us and we had a great time.