“Crab Legs and sushi!”

Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Crab Legs and sushi!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This buffet has great Japanese food with its tempura and sushi station. The made-to-order stir fry is wonderful. The kids loved the shaved ice with azuki beans and sweetened condensed milk.

Visited October 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sherwood, Arkansas
“Great Food but Wish Service was a Bit Better”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My father and mother-in-law were about to leave us so we decided to pamper them with food they would enjoy, and treat the rest of the family in the process. My sister and brother-in-law suggested this restaurant. It is located on the third floor of the Ala Moana Center, next to Islands and across from California Pizza Kitchen. Inside is quite dark but furnished nicely.
The food was delicious and there was so much to choose from. The crab legs were superb and the little cakes (mango, chocolate, guava, etc.) were mouth-watering.
I would rate this location higher except for two incidents.
1) There were 8 adults and two children in our party. My father and mother-in-law are in their 60s and 70s. When it was stated that they were seniors, the hostess asked my mother-in-law for her ID and said she was not old enough. This was probably not the best way to give a first impression. It felt like having to stand next to a "Are You Tall Enough?" sign in front of the ride you really want to ride on with the rest of your friends.
2) While I was eating crab legs, I refused to use the plastic tool they provided for cutting through the shell. As I attempted to break the shell with my hands, it broke apart and sliced through my finger. (My own fault.) I got the attention of a host and asked if I could receive a band-aid. He stated that the band-aids were for the cooks. Undaunted I waited for our host and informed him of my finger. He quickly went and grabbed several and gave them to me.
That said, I must say that our waiter was outstanding and he was tipped accordingly, but I was not impressed with the overall feel I received from this restaurant. It did not do well in trying to get me to be a return customer.
Again, our particular host did a great job and the food was delicious, but I was not impressed by their indifference.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank JackalopeSighting
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Company lunch or family dinner .or for anything this is a good places to go”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My family and some close family friends we all when there for dinner and we all enjoyed this place cuz they have seafood and local food ,sushi and Japanese food also ice-cream and fruits very nice setting there service is also great there and a lot of parking cuz its in the top floor of the ala Moana mall .after dinner can walk round and do some shopping there or shopping then go there for lunch ,dinner or when ever you are hungry this is the place to go.

Henderson, Nevada
“Great Variety of Choices”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

It's a buffet geared towards the Asian cuisine, but there are great choices for the meat people. People were lined up to have the cook prepare the steak to their liking.

I stuffed my face. I thought I was done but went to look at the choices again ... I had to get the ramen (there is also soba and udon). Then I topped it off with shaved ice (not finely shaved) which was good (the wait staff would put cream on it if you want ... there was azuki beans on the side if you wanted). I bypassed the cake type desserts but saw the Andagi (Okinawan doughnuts) ... no, I didn't pig out on that ... I was tempted but bypassed it too.

Senior rate starts at 65 years old. Shucks! There was a great discount (we had one 65 year old in our group).

I think there was a shortage of wait staff cause we didn't see our guy too often. We had to catch him on the fly ... more coffee, please ... more water, please.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank KalihiKid65
Dewey, Arizona
“A Nice Suprising Find At Ala Moana Center”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

My husband and I were window shopping at Ala Moana and thought that we’d better find some lunch. On the upper level is a nice grouping of restaurants. The place that we decided upon was Tsukiji Fish Market. They only have a buffet at lunch time and I didn’t think that it I was that hungry, but once I took a look at what they offered, GAME ON!!
You name it, they’ve pretty much got it, as our friends in Arizona call it, Asian food galore.
For the price, you really can’t beat Tsukiji.

• Visited May 2012