“Absolutely wonderful restaurant!!”
Review of Bills Hawaii

Bills Hawaii
Reserve with OpenTable
Bills Hawaii is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 2,430 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Australian, International
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The man described by The New York Times as the 'egg master of Sydney' has brought his brand of stylish, joyful, barefoot-from-the-beach dining to Waikiki. Bill Granger opened his first restaurant in Sydney in 1994 and it soon became famous for the best scrambled eggs and ricotta hotcakes in town. Twenty years later, Bill's relaxed, friendly and oh-so-Australian approach to dining has become truly global with restaurants from Tokyo to London and now Honolulu.
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Amazing restaurant - great value for money, the chicken with corn was amazing, huge portion for low price. Great ambience, great food, absolutely recommend you try the white chocolate meringue with pistachios and strawberry - out of this world!!! Wonderful restaurant, have had consistently good meals in Bill Granger's restaurants in Sydney, so had high expectations and this one definitely lived up to it! Highly recommend you go here!

Reviewed June 22, 2014

OI have been a fan of Bill Grainger for a long time and did not know he had an outpost in Waikiki. Despite some fairly contrasting reviews on open table we thought we'd give it a go for lunch and boy we were not disappointed.
My wife and I like to share things and also try out new flavors and 2 of the 4 things we had were out of this world. The crispy pork with watermelon salad. OMG what a little piece of heaven in a bowl. Wonderfully crispy pork belly fused with the juciest watermelon and sliced chilli pepper and just a small amount of basil and cilantro. So simple yet delicious! The Yellow fish curry with shaved zucchini was to die for also. It sounded like it might be quite weird, but somehow the mild yellow curry sauce fused perfectly with the fish (Mahi) and butternut squash. Not at all heavy. We also tried the salt and pepper calamari, good, but not great and finally we took a chance on some fried oot veg (i forget exactly what they were called). All of this washed down with 2 or 3 coopers pale ale (one of my favorite beers). The service was good, not great as the server didn't know a lot about the ingredients, the ambience was really nice, all wood and cavernous, not echoey and the price was outstanding for the area. $100 or just under including my sons pizza and dessert.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

I was lucky that a good friend told me of the new Bills Sydney in Honolulu before we departed Australia for our vacation so we added a visit to our itinerary. I'm a regular at Bills in Sydney and had high expectations for Hawaii. When I arrived I had a look on Google maps and discovered that Bills was only an easy 10 minute walk from our hotel at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, so I decided to scout the place out and went solo on a Saturday morning to try the coffee. Any Australian drinking coffee in America knows too well how abysmal it can be and we are forever on the search for a decent cup of coffee. I arrived and was greeted by a number of friendly smiling staff and directed to the bar seat near a number of tasty cakes and pastries freshly cooked that day, I was pleased to see such things as flat white, cappuccino and long black on the menu, I knew I was at home. I like a stronger brew so I ordered a strong (extra shot) flat white and was delivered one of the best cups of coffee I've ever had in the States. I had to order a second (just as good as the first) and then tried a piece of the raspberry, macadamia sponge cake which had been staring at me and found it to be light and delicious. I went back and told the rest of our group about my experience so nine of us trooped to Bills for breakfast on father’s day morning and found the place quite busy, we were offered a seat upstairs as well but decided to stay downstairs. Our waiter was very friendly but quite flustered throughout the service and was a bit forgetful, he stated that a couple of staff members had failed to show that day and apologised that they were busy. Due to the hit & miss service our orders came in dribs and drabs but we eventually all got what we ordered and in the end the food and coffee was delicious, well worth the wait and anyway we're on vacation and in no rush! The scrambled eggs in the fully Aussie breakfast (a signature Bills dish) were very good and almost as good as the Aussie version, we also tried pancakes, bills BLT and fruit salad etc all delicious and it must be noted cheaper prices than what you would pay in Sydney. As we were leaving we discovered the breakfast menu upstairs had slightly more variety, maybe the service would have been better upstairs but never mind. We then decided to have our last dinner in Hawaii at Bills so made a reservation for thirteen people upstairs on our last night. When we arrived we were directed upstairs and found this amazing, stylish restaurant space that was huge, we were taken to a table for eight and a table for five next to each other which seemed strange and we asked if they could be joined together but the waitress stated that it would affect the food order timing and wasn't possible, anyway we didn't get too excited and moved on. I ordered the salt & pepper calamari for a share starter and the pork and beef ragu for main and the white chocolate & pistachio Pavlova for dessert, my partner shared the calamari and also tried the beef burger and the coconut crème caramel. The calamari was quite small in portion size but very tasty although slightly tough, my ragu was melt in the mouth delicious but also quite a small portion, I was lucky to also order the side of spicy zucchini, lemon and olive oil which was a good accompaniment to the ragu and helped filled the void, then the Pavlova arrived which was huge and a very good version of this Aussie favourite, particularly the rosewater yoghurt cream was very tasty. My partner stated the burger and fries was one of the best he's ever eaten and his coconut crème caramel was very nice but he couldn't really taste the coconut. Looking around our group someone ordered the shrimp cocktail starter which was huge in comparison to our calamari, someone tried the chicken schnitzel which was very nice and two people ordered the identical 10oz rib-eye steak which both came out very differently which was a little strange, maybe as they were on separate tables, one was delicious and the other was average. The kids ordered the cheese-burgers which were quite large for a children’s menu. All-in-all our meals were very good to excellent and we were all full, the service upstairs was friendly and faultless and the manager Jason Rod introduced himself to enquire about our experience which was nice. Our final dinner at Bills Sydney was a pretty good finish to our fabulous week long vacation in Hawaii and a place we would highly recommend and definitely return to on our next visit.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

We ate both at the cafe downstairs & upstairs restaurant for dinner .....both had great service, excellent food & very reasonable pricing considering this is Waikiki. Yes it's a slice of Sydney in Hawaii but for those who don't know who Bill Granger is, it's still a great choice. Also this is the best coffee I've had in Hawaii...and my fellow Aussies it's only the second cafe in the USA that I have found a flat white (the other in NYC at Espresso Nation in mid-town ...also owned by an Aussie)...enjoy

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Really nice cafe at the bottom (where we ate) really clean and stylish...lovely. Service was slow and coffee disappointing which we didn't expect. Food was good.....when it came. Waiter said they hadn't been open long and they had teething problems.

Been to Bills Hawaii? Share your experiences!