“Gotta try”
Review of Bills Hawaii

Bills Hawaii
Reserve with OpenTable
Bills Hawaii is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 2,391 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Australian, International
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The man described by The New York Times as the 'egg master of Sydney' has brought his brand of stylish, joyful, barefoot-from-the-beach dining to Waikiki. Bill Granger opened his first restaurant in Sydney in 1994 and it soon became famous for the best scrambled eggs and ricotta hotcakes in town. Twenty years later, Bill's relaxed, friendly and oh-so-Australian approach to dining has become truly global with restaurants from Tokyo to London and now Honolulu.
Honolulu
“Gotta try”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Enjoyed it very much. We had a party of three adults. Tried almost everything that others have recommended in other review sites - Aussie breakfast, scrambled eggs, ricotta pancakes, corn fritters - all very good and prepared differently from other breakfast places. Also had the mocha coffee which was good but if you're a coffee drinker with breakfast, there is no refill and no "regular" coffee. Wish they served the chicken schnitzel during breakfast so I could have tried that also. Great and friendly service, but the place wasn't very full.
Down sides - pricey, no coffee refills, parking was at Bank of Hawaii and with validation costed $6.00, limited menu options.

• Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York
“You must eat here!”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

This is such a chic restaurant, really elegant and lovely service. We sat on the terrace but inside was very nice too. Great atmosphere - not cheesy or touristy.

The cocktails were tasty and a bit unusual. The pizza was delicious and my husbands chicken was great. It was nice to have such fresh food and lots of veggies.

It is a nice change from the other Waikiki restaurants. Cooler.

Visited May 2014
New York City, New York
“I could eat every meal here”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

And the last time I was in honolulu, staying nearby, I almost did. Everything I tried was amazingly good. The staff is friendly and helpful—even if you don't speak English. Breakfast is SO GOOD, so is lunch, dinner, so is coffee, or a green juice or frappe. Sydney is my favorite cafe culture and Bill is the king of that culture. I enjoyed eating here partially since it let me enjoy some of my favorite dishes without flying all the way to Sydney. I can imagine some of my friends finding it a little pricey for a casual cafe and I would suggest you think of it as a very fine restaurant that is relaxed and then the prices seem low. The food is delicious and if you'd like, it can be very healthy. I love the classics like the hot cakes and eggs, and I also like the dishes that are unique to Honolulu like the Tuna Poke.

As tasty as the Darlo original, this is an awesome place to enjoy a meal!

• Visited May 2014
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
“YAYYYY real coffee”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

AWESOME place for breakfast and really friendly staff. I loved that I was able to have a real espresso (latte) coffee and vegemite on toast. The BLT was a huge hit. we have breakfast here three days in a row!!

Visited April 2014
Westminster, California
“A nice surprise in Waikiki”
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Went to Bills for dinner last night with no expectations. We shared 2 appetizers (tempura shrimp and calamari) and both were outstanding! We split a burger (I had to see what a $20 burger was like) and it was also fantastic! Had a side of fried green tomatoes and superb! We are from the mainland and have an idea what a pancake should tast like....tried their famous ricotta pancakes for desert and they just weren't to our liking. I understand that theyare the most popular item on Bills menu worldwide, but just not the right texture for us. Wine selection is great. We will go back for another dinner next week(minus the ricotta pancakes) and I'm sure we will enjoy it very much. Prices are a little steep, but worth it!

Visited April 2014

Been to Bills Hawaii? Share your experiences!