“Great breakfast and service”
Review of Bills Hawaii

Bills Hawaii
Reserve with OpenTable
Bills Hawaii is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 2,370 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Australian, International
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The man described by The New York Times as the 'egg master of Sydney' has brought his brand of stylish, joyful, barefoot-from-the-beach dining to Waikiki. Bill Granger opened his first restaurant in Sydney in 1994 and it soon became famous for the best scrambled eggs and ricotta hotcakes in town. Twenty years later, Bill's relaxed, friendly and oh-so-Australian approach to dining has become truly global with restaurants from Tokyo to London and now Honolulu.
Melbourne, Australia
“Great breakfast and service”
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

A great place away from home. Great coffee and great good. Service was excellent. Would definitely head back to try the dinner menu next trip.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Venice, CA
“Delicious food and wonderful space”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I met a friend here for dinner while I was in town on business. I arrived early so I ordered a coffee and homemade granola bar from the more casual cafe section of the restaurant. The granola bar was supposed to be for my flight but I kept smelling it and thought I would just try a bite to go with my coffee, ya right I had to inhale that thing it was so good. Headed upstairs once my friend arrived and the space is awesome, the servers were super friendly and food was delicious. I had a pasta dish and my friend had some snapper. Bother were very delicious super fresh. My only complaint would be the portions are on the small side for a big eater like myself. Next time I would order an appetizer or salad to go with my entree.

Visited April 2014
Auckland, New Zealand
“Hands down best REAL food in Waikiki”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Gorgeous fit out, lovely calm atmosphere which didn't have our kids climbing the walls, you can book (yay) wonderful polite service and really great fresh tasting healthy food and drinks. It's like a oasis in bustling waikiki. Can't wait to go back.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Traveljuliet
“Edible in Honolulu”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

At last a restaurant that serves food that I like in this town. Actually better than the Sydney one. Once you've had some of the local delicacies then you will REALLY appreciate this place. It's almost as good as Al Brown's Depot Dining in Auckland.

Go to eggs and things and you will see how bad life can get... (don't go)

• Visited April 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“I so wanted to love this, but can't yet.”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I love Bills in Sydney, and after a week of eating some awful food in Hawaii, was excited to find that Bills had just opened in Honolulu.
They take reservations (no stupid buzzer system) and the building and decor are lovely. The staff were friendly, but I can't see the point of an individual announce themselves as your server and then having 4 others over the course of the meal. It was not particularly busy.
I read the menu for breakfast/lunch/dinner, all looks great, we were a group of 6 for dinner.
The good: the chicken schnitzel, divine, had by 3 of our group, US sized portion which was good, since 2 of us didn't like our meals and could hoe into the kids food! The pavlova with raspberry and pistachio, universally praised. As is usually the case in Australia, lots of fresh shredded vegetables/salads, which we love and missed. No nasty chunks of cos/iceberg lettuce drowned in foul sauce/dressings.
The bad: the service was really SLOW. We arrived on-time at 7pm, meals out at 8pm, dessert only marginally quicker. Two of us didn't like our meals - I had the yellow fish curry, the actual pieces of fish were lovely, but the sauce was so salty I had to lift the fish out onto my rice bowl to drain to eat. Maybe I should have sent it back, but we'd waited so long it didn't occur to me. At the other end of the extreme, my friend had fish with ginger and red pepper, sounds really fresh and zingy, she said it was so under seasoned she felt like she was on a health retreat.
Hopefully these are glitches. When next in Hawaii I will try it again, please don't let me down!

Visited April 2014

Been to Bills Hawaii? Share your experiences!