“Masterpieces!”

Ranked #32 of 2,145 Restaurants in Honolulu
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 29, 2016

Amazing is all I an say! Today was my 4th time and each time I went with large group. 100% of everyone's dishes were spectacular! I keep getting the dumplings and breakfast bi bim bap. Tasted my daughters cornflake french bread and it was a masterpiece! Just wish the line and wait wasn't so long....but worth the wait. Actually, today was perfect...I went ahead of my party of 8 and put our name in at 10:50, went back home and met everyone back at 11:30 and we got seated right away!

Reviewed June 27, 2016

Finding a breakfast that is unique and yet delicious has been not only difficult, but impossible in Honolulu. When we've tried the highest ranked Yelp places and so often find a hole in the wall spot with a mountain of food served as a substitute for high quality, we get discouraged. However, there are several really good breakfast places in Honolulu, but only one that I've found that serves a creative menu with all kinds of Asian influenced dishes featuring flavor that will, as they say in these parts, would "broke da mouth." If you have to have something not too exotic, try the French toast. Sensational. Home made Asian dumplings and other delights on the specials menu. Simple atmosphere, great service. The only think about the place I did not like was when I noticed that I was at the bottom of my dish. Luckily, I was full.

Reviewed June 27, 2016

Koko Head Cafe is a great little out of the way place with unique delicious breakfast/brunch food. For starters we had the Breakfast Bruschetta and an order of the dumplings of the day. Both were fresh and bursting with flavor. For breakfast we had a North Shore garden frittata with goat cheese and Elvis's Revenge. Both were excellent.

Reviewed June 22, 2016

Went to this place after reading about it in a travel book and was not disappointed. Both times we went there was a bit of a wait but definitely worth it. Try to sit up by the bar if you can as it is fun to watch the action in the kitchen. This was our first experience with eating poi and they even elevated that into something interesting. Only downfall was that the second time we went back the Korean short rib dish was not quite as good as the first time (rice was not cooked as well) but still was very good.

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed June 16, 2016

You have to try their take on the traditional Mimosa!! Every sip was a bright light on the palate. As always the food was great and the creativity and combinations worked like magic. Did I mention the dumplings-you have to order the dumplings.