“Wyndham Resorts never disappoint me”

Wyndham at Waikiki Beach Walk
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 25, 2010

We have been owners for some years, traveling all over. As for Wyndham Wiakiki Beach Walk---it is a great place to return to.
Two years ago we took some friends from AZ.
Last year I took some relatives from WA state.
Each time the rooms were bright, cheerful & roomy. The staff were very helpful.

I'm planing to take some different friends in May 2011.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank chocolate7777
There are newer reviews for Wyndham at Waikiki Beach Walk

Reviewed October 25, 2010

This was my first trip to Hawaii, and I went to see the "homecoming" for my son's ship and help him find an apartment. Wyndham at Waikiki Beach is totally surrounded by tall buildings so their is no view except of a parking lot on one side and the street on the other. There are also no doors at the ends of hallways for safety so someone could walk up the fire escapes from the street....maybe they don't have to worry about this there??? The first room I stayed in was a one-bedroom suite which was very cramped. The showerhead in the bathroom would have wet down most of the bathroom if you left the shower curtain open....it was awful. The one-bedroom deluxe which I moved to later was fine for size but the air conditioning made an awful noise and the drapes had to be pulled in the bedroom because of the heat from the sun. There were several things that needed fixing but nothing you couldn't live with. There are no restaurants in the hotel, but the hotel is convenient to restaurants. The positives about the hotel are the staff who were very friendly and helpful, cleanliness (although the room looked a bit shabby), and convenience to shopping, eating, and the beach was a block away. The other good thing is that I used "points" to pay for the room but once again they want you to sit through a "survey"/sales pitch basically pushing you to spend more money in Wyndham (formerly Fairfield) properties.

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank anglophile58
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We had a great time at the Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk. The unit was beautiful and had everything we needed. Any request we had was taken care of promptly, and the staff was friendly and caring. The location was excellent....close to shopping, restaurants, and the BEACH. Could not have enjoyed it more!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brown9163Rogers_Ar
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We stayed at the Wyndham through our timeshare. We had a 3 bedroom presidential suite. It was very nice. Lots of space (there were six of us staying together). The unit was clean and bright. The only downfall was that the hot tub by the pool area wasn't very big so there were nights where there wasn't room for everyone that wanted to go in as it was already full.

• Stayed: April 2010
2  Thank jennifer1108
Reviewed October 1, 2010

My husband and I honeymooned at the Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk from 5/17/10-5/24/10. Our week there was a gift from my parents, who own a timeshare with Wyndham.

This Hotel was not our first choice, or even our second or third. When we were planning our honeymoon, we thought we wanted a place to relax and lounge all week. As these things go, the universe had other plans for us, and our first three choice hotels were not available. We ended up booking with the Waikiki Beach Walk, and what a stroke of fate that was.

The staff was MORE than accomodating - our original reservations were for 5/16-5/23, but when it became apparent that we simply could not leave the day after our wedding for our honeymoon, we had to push it back one day. They did not have the availability, but what they ended up doing was having us check out on the 23rd just to check into another room until the 24th. We agreed, and the transition was as smooth as it could be.

We arrived at the Waikiki Beach Walk around 5pm on the 17th, and upon check-in we were not only greeted by a supremely friendly staff, we received a box of chocolate covered macadamia nuts and a bottle of sparkling cider since we were newlyweds. :) We were checked-in in no time, and up to our room - on the top floor, floor 12 - we went.

We were impressed the moment we walked in - the room was clean, gorgeous, and more than we had expected. I think we spent at least ten minutes talking about how much we loved our quarters!

Our room had two lanais - one off of the living room and one off of the bedroom. They were small, but I am afraid of heights anyway so it didn't matter to me. I just loved being able to have the doors open so the sounds of the ocean could come in. I wish the giant building diagonal from us [on the beach; not sure what it was called] hadn't been there - if it had not been, we would've had a totally unobstructed view of Waikiki Beach! As it stood, we had a front view of Diamond Head and a little sliver to our right of the ocean.

The placement of the Hotel could not have been better, by the way. Directly on the Beach Walk, we were in the middle of everything. At any time of the day or night we could run downstairs and immediately find anything we were looking for. By our second or third day, we were boggled as to why we had thought we'd like a lazy, slower-paced resort.

Our week there was incredible for so many reasons, the Hotel being just one component. Our only tiny complaint would be about the pool... either the heater was not turned on or it is not heated at all - it was freezing! Still, as my husband and I agreed, who needs a pool when the ocean is only two blocks away?

Overall we had a really great experience - the staff in the Hotel and at the kiosks around the Beach Walk were endlessly knowledgable and helpful. We felt like old friends when it was time to book our excursions, and when we got into a snafu with a car rental, the customer service desk was more than accommodating and got us a much, much better rental than we'd originally planned for!

We would recommend this place to anyone and everyone, and anticipate the day we return for a second week- or two-week-long trip.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MrsEasley515
Reviewed September 15, 2010

My husband surprised me with a trip to Hawaii for my birthday.
It had been years since we had taken a vacation. I was really impressed with the room my husband got. I loved the condo feel of the place. The room was big and it gave our daughter plenty of room to play. My Husband really hit a home run choosing this place I cant wait to go back next year.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Lenygreg
Reviewed September 15, 2010

We were in Hawaii for 12 nights/13 days for our honeymoon. My uncle is a Wyndham owner and gave us 1 week - which we split between Waikiki Beach, Oahu (4 nights) and Princeville, Kauai (3 nights). We had a 2 bedroom presidential suite on the 12th floor. It was great - very nice, modern furnishings, kitchen with granite & new black appliances, huge master bathroom, etc. and GREAT view from the huge balcony. We overlooked the beachwalk and could see the ocean on the left. Very clean rooms and the staff was helpful and friendly. Perfect location - less than 5 minute walk to the beach and near lots of restaurants, stores, and entertainment. Would definitely recommend and would stay here again!

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple