Wyndham at Waikiki Beach Walk
$281
$420
TrumpHotels.com
  • Pool
Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
$169
$360
$199
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
$227
$199
  • Pool
All reviewslewers streetfull kitchenwasher dryerbedroom deluxeping pongtimeshare resortparking garagetime sharecorner unithot tubwaikiki beachmain towerdaily activitiesshops and restaurantsrented a carthe sofa bednight life
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 15, 2008

We stayed at the wyndham on sept. 7, 2008 for 3 nights. There were 3 adults and 3 children perfect size for a 2 bedroom/ 2 bathroom deluxe suite on the upper unit #1006. I didn't hear any noise from clubs or any outside activity. The unit has a full size kitchen with all the amenities you need. The only thing is you don't have room service but it didn't really matter. we were able to get extra towels and detergent and anything else we needed just by calling housekeeping. The washer and dryer was a plus too. loved coming home with no laundry. the beds were comfortable too.
I am an owner of this wyndham and they asked me if i wanted to see a presentation i just simply told them im not interested and they left it at that no pressure to see any timeshare presentation.
The one thing that i ABSOLUTELY loved was the hospitality room. You have to check out at 10am and they are really strict about check out. but with the 3 kids we wanted to go back to the beach but then have a place to shower again. they have a hospitality room which is a 1 bdrm suite and they give you 15 minutes per person so we had over an hour for all of us to shower and get ready.
i will defintely go back again this resort was perfect.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
5  Thank bel619
Reviewed September 11, 2008

We just came back from a 3 night stay there. The hotel is in a great shopping location and only a 5 minute walk to the beach. Our room had a nice view of the "beach walk" shops. Our place had a spacious living/dining room, full kitchen, 2 bedrooms/2 baths, and washer dryer. It was perfect for our party of 4 adults and 3 small children.

We rented our place directly from the condo/timeshare owner on a different website after checking out tripadvisor's opinions. When we first arrived to check-in, I found out our room was located on the first floor. I asked to be moved to any room above the 5th floor. With the WONDERFUL help of, Yoke, an employee at the front desk, she was able to move us to a room on the 6th floor. She is such a kind and helpful person. After settling in our room, she even called us to make sure we were happy w/our accomodations.

Thank Goodness we were moved to the 6th floor because there is a bar/club on lobby floor of the hotel that plays really loud music until really late at night. Noise from street traffic or construction wasn't really a problem for us.

This is a great place to stay. Location is great. Walking distance to shops, restaurants, and clubs. Just "Beware" and make sure you are on the floor that suits you and your tolerance level of noise. Anything above the 5th floor should be okay. All the staff members were very friendly and helpful, especially Yoke who made our stay even more pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
7  Thank LakewoodMomof3
Reviewed August 25, 2008

First off, I stayed here using my timeshare points with Wyndham.

All units are condo-style with living room and either partial or full kitchens.

The 1 bedroom suites are partial kitchens. All other rooms have full kitchens.

The kitchen is a huge plus. Saved tons of money not eating out. There is a Safeway or Foodland a short drive away.

There is no daily maid service at Wyndham timeshares.

We've stayed at the Wyndham Grand Desert in Las Vegas and the Waikiki Beachwalk is definitely an upgrade. All TV's are flat panel and they aren't missing remote control batteries. But the biggest difference is the quality of the bedding. Nice comforter and sheets.

If you're comparing to a Las Vegas hotel, I would say this is one notch lower than the Venetian. Whereas the Las Vegas Wyndham is Luxor quality.

Parking - valet only; $25 per day. Valet service is excellent. Really friendly staff, you never feel pressured to tip. Really no other choice in Waikiki.

We had to have (3) separate reservations to make up our one week stay.

We stayed in the following 2 bedroom rooms:

607 (main tower - closest to the beach)(parking garage view)
1006 (main tower - closest to the beach)(partial ocean and full waikiki beach walk view)
626 (plantation tower - furthest from the beach)(waikiki beach walk view)

So the even numbered rooms are the rooms that you want.
Room 1006 is a 2 bedroom presidential suite. If you can afford or have a choice to get a presidential suite, I would get them. The room is furnished with better everything and larger flat panel TV. And the bedrooms do not share a wall, so you have more privacy from the other bedroom in your room.

But I would not spend the extra money or points to go from a 2 bedroom deluxe to a presidential suite.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
6  Thank addies
Reviewed August 24, 2008

My Wife and I stayed here during our honeymoon and we loved the place. We preferred to be right on the beach, but it was close enough for it was walking distance. The overall location was great for it was right in the heart of Waikiki dining, shopping, and entertainment.

As far as the rooms, they were complete for they really catered to the guests needs. Note, their units are not hotel rooms, they're vacation villas. So if you're looking for a full service hotel, this is not for you. They have full kitchens complete with all utensils, cookware, and appliances. Our room had a whirlpool, washer/dryer, 2 LCD displays, full dining area, sofa bed, and safe.

Pros: Great location, good amenities, complete, close to beach, felt like home away from home.

Cons: The don't clean the rooms daily unlike a full service hotel.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2008

This is unit #502. It is a large corner unit. All the 02s are. My only suggestion is to try and stay in #502 and above if you can request it. The lower you go, the more likely you will hear several things:

~The music from the Yard House late into the night, especially on Fri. and Sat. nights.

~The air condition units from the property next door.

~The delivery and garbage trucks early in the morning and the tour buses in the afternoon.

~ Tourists

My first week, they had put me in room #102 and it's just above the street. The purpose of my trip was to relax, and I wouldn't have lasted 3 days in that unit. That's when they moved me to #909.

#502 is perfect in size and comfort. It was a great way to end my stay. So I lived at the property for almost three weeks. One of the employees said, "Eh, when you going home?" This is by far one of the best properties in Waikiki. I always feel like I'm living there when I stay here.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo