“Awesome hotel...great location!”

Wyndham at Waikiki Beach Walk
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Booked a 1-bedroom suite and was pleasantly surprised at the spaciousness of the room. I felt that I was living in a very fancy apartment as there was a shower and a jet tub in a very large bathroom. I had a corner unit and was fortunate to be able to see the ocean. Although the hotel is not beach front, the location is within walking distance to shops, restaurants, beaches, and the mall. Parking is a bit steep at $30/day, but renting a car is really not needed unless you want to venture around the island. Having a washer/dryer in the room was very handy as I did all my laundry before heading home. Would love to come back!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank HawaiiBorn69
There are newer reviews for Wyndham at Waikiki Beach Walk

Reviewed July 27, 2011

We had a family group of 8 stay in a 2 bedroom 2 bath condo in February 2011. For most of us it was our first time in Hawaii and we would definitely stay there again. The condo was close to everything we needed....beach, restaurants and shopping. For the tours we went on, we were picked up within a block from the condo. We were a bit leery as this is a timeshare but had no problems. Staff was very friendly and helpful and any thing we needed was delivered to us immediately. The condo itself had everything we needed for our stay. We were on the 12th floor facing the ocean and the view was awesome! I would definitely recommend this hotel and would go back anytime!

Room Tip: We were facing the ocean on the 12th floor and did not hear any noise from other suites.
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank porcina29
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Although the room was large (2 bedroom condo), the property does not have any ammenities: no restaurant, or bar on property, pool is very small and without sunlight in the afternoon. The surrounding area is full of street noise including a highrise parking structure. We stayed on floor 12 and had a view of this 11 story structure. Enough said to the noise issue ... the hotel gives out earplugs with an apology statement. For the price of $3,000. per week, I will not revisit this property.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank karenopowell
Reviewed July 22, 2011

I recently stayed at the Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk so I wanted to read some of the reviews on tripadviser. Most of them were very positive; "wonderfull staff","excellent location near the beach", "world class shopping right outside you door", etc. I did not plan to write my own reveiw but a few of them really disturbed me. I'm a 57 year old guy from cleveland OH, not considered one of the worlds' wild spots, to say the least; so when I read some reveiws that mentioned noise from the "nightclub," downstairs I had to stop a second and make sure I was on the right page, that I was reading about the same resort. Someone even mentioned "tattooed teenage drunks", were they joking? You walk down the lobby stairs to the street and off to your left is a Yard house restaurant, the 50 or so yard long street is lined with high end shops and boutiques and art galleries; right around the corner, I could still throw a baseball there, you walk past Gucci and Dior and Ferragamo and a host of other major designers. These are not little shops that happen to sell some of thier products and these are not outlet stores at some outlet mall. This is the real deal. I honestly am not saying this to be rude or sarcastic, but these reviewers were certainly not hanging out in the same neighborhood I was. In my whole stay at Wyndham Waikiki Beachwalk I did not encounter one "tattooed teenage drunk," on the other hand I will admit that waikiki in general and the Wyndham Waikiki Beachwalk neighborhood in particular is a very active area. Hundreds of people are up and out at six, six thirty in the morning,going for cofee, heading for the beach, out for an early walk or just planning their day. The people and the activity are one of the things I loved most about Waikiki. Like I said earlier, I was not planning to write a reveiw, it's something I've never done before, but now that I am writing it I want to also mention two people who made my stay a truly memorable one. Through a referral from a friend in cleveland I rented a suite from Robert and Lisa at Wyndham4rent.com. I could list a dozen maybe two dozen things that Robert and Lisa did to make my stay even better than it would have been, but I really dont need to, all I have to do is ask you if you have ever dealt with two people who absolutley love what they are doing and who were born to do it. If you have, then you aleady know what I'm talking about. If you havn't then I'd like to suggest that contact them next time you're travelling to Hawaii.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
15  Thank hawaiijack808
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Perfect location - you don't need a car. Everything and more is at your disposal. Front desk staff go out of their way to welcome you. Everything is so clean. The beds a super comfortable. You might want to ask for a room on the upper floors - or simply keep your patio doors closed. There are numerous activities for young children.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank whatsinaname50
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We were 5 ladies celebrating my 50th for 11 nights at the Wyndham in a 2 bedroom apartment. We had read all the reviews before booking, so we knew what to ask for. We couldn’t fault this resort. Yes, it can be noisy at night but we closed the doors and put the air con on. We had requested a higher floor knowing this. When we arrived we were allocated level two but Charles on reception shuffled some bookings and got us on the 7th floor. The apartment was on the Lewers St side offering a nice outlook. We really felt like we were in Hawaii. It was just a short walk through Don Ho Street to the Sheraton then through to the beach each day. Coffee from ‘Peets’ at the Sheraton was great.

The apartment was well appointed with full cooking facilities, two bathrooms (en-suite was huge with a corner spa bath), King Bed in the main, 2 double beds in the 2nd bedroom and a sofa bed in the lounge. The beds were SO comfy! A hair dryer was supplied in both bathrooms. The shower water pressure in both showers is great for water saving but not so great if you have a good mop of hair to wash. There was a laundry cupboard with a large washing machine and dryer. TV’s in both bedrooms and the living room with cable channels. A safe was provided in the main bedroom. The air con was a bit noisy in the living room. There was a small balcony off each bedroom and the living room. One thing to know is that Americans don’t have kettles for making tea. No problem really, we just boiled the water in a pot on the stove. There was a drip coffee maker in the kitchen but we opted for the coffee shop downstairs.

All the staff were very pleasant. The pool was not large but perfect as an escape from the beach with sun lounges and umbrellas. The internet was free. The signal at times was weak and after being on for a while it disconnected I guess to stop people doing huge downloads. Decent sized beach towels were supplied and if you needed new ones they were available at the pool. Bathroom towels were a little on the small and thin side from what were used to.

The night club downstairs was awful. I don’t think the floor has ever been mopped. Our shoes stuck to it as we walked to the bar and the whole place had a stench of old alcohol even when you walked by outside. This was the only real negative we had about the entire resort.

The trolley car to Ala Moana Shopping Centre was across the road and down a little running every ½ hour. Cost was $2 USD per trip. An ABC convenience store was across the road and a larger one was in the building behind us. The ‘Sushi to Go’ store under the resort made fresh sushi as you ordered. The coffee place on the corner of the entrance to the resort served good coffee. The Pizza place downstairs serves the best pizzas we have ever had and they deliver to the apartment. We recommend the vegetarian with artichokes and garlic YUM!

If you intend to do Pearl Harbor without a tour company I suggest you book a transfer out there very early on a Wednesday. You can book the transfer @ $16 USD per person with the activities desk in reception. Collect your ticket from the ticket office at Pearl Harbor as soon as you arrive. That will give you the time your tour starts. There is a ‘no bags’ policy at Pearl Harbor so you will have to check all bags at the bag storage, they charge you for that, and only take wallet, camera and phones in with you. If you have hours to wait before your tour starts you can walk from Pearl Harbor to the Aloha Stadium Markets and fill in time. They are on Wednesday hence suggesting you combine the two. Alternatively if you book and organised tour with a pick up from the resort you will have less wait time for the start of your tour as the tour company gets out their early to get your entry tickets. We took the 8.00am transfer and when we got there we weren’t going to get to start the tour till after 12.00pm. As it was our last day we opted to return to the resort.

We had drinks and dinner at the Mai Tai bar at the Royal Hawaiian two nights out of our stay. The views of Waikiki and Diamond Head as the sun goes down are engraved in my mind forever. Absolutely love that place. Diane our waitress was awesome. She looked after us making us feel like we never wanted to leave, especially on our last night. If you book you must ask for her. She loves her job and it shows. We booked the casual lounge dining cabana on the beach front for our last night. No better way to end a spectacular holiday with some special people.

In summary…we all can’t wait to get back to Hawaii and Wyndham Waikiki Beachwalk.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor facing Lewers Street
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
8  Thank Simone W
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Rented this apartment thru a timeshare owner, we begged for a high level, a little view & far away from the Nightclub..... Maybe thats where we went wrong we received a low floor, overlooking the beautiful carparks and on top of the Nightclub, eight long nights of hell.... The staff could not of cared less, not helpful in the slightest way. If you are dreaming of the perfect Hawaiian holiday this is definately not the place.

Pros.. Large apartment for a family. Comfy beds. Good kitchen facilities.

Cons... Cant open curtains as everyone waves at you from the carpark, so the apartments are very dark & you have to have the lights on during the day. You cant keep the air con on at night as the compressor is located right next to the bed in the second bedroom the noise drives you insane, so you cant open the doors because of the noise of the nightclub, so its extremely stuffy of a night.

Harassment from the Sales people is appalling, they ring you every day, they go after you as you walk in and out of the building, and then we found them in the shopping arcade next door and they got us there as well!!!!! It doesnt matter how rude you are to them they DONT STOP>>>>>

This is our third visit to Hawaii & unfortunately not the best experience we have had, I couldnt recommend to anyone to stay here, a very sad week.

We love Hawaii & we will be back but next time I will listen to reviews more closely as its normally a great family holiday.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family