“Great Place, Great Food!!”

Uncle Bo's Pupu Bar & Grill
Ranked #7 of 2,391 Restaurants in Honolulu
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis
“Great Place, Great Food!!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

After reading great reviews on trip advisor we decide to have dinner at Uncle Bo's. Not going to lie I was a little reluctant to eat there after I saw the place from the outside. But decided to go in and try it out. All I can say was wowwwwww!! Place is really cute inside and food, drinks, service was great! Prices were even good! I left with food :) .I was so full and spent a fraction of what I spent at say "dukes" for dinner. Food was night and day different from tourist spots. I say this is a must eat and don't let the outside scare you..... Go in and eat!!! :)

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank JayDraze

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Ewa Beach, Hawaii, United States
“worth the wait”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My first time there, I thought it was nothing great from the looks of the outside, boy was I wrong. The staff is wonderful, the inside is inviting, elegant, and very classy. The appetizers are to die for, the boca rotta, dynamite shrimp, kalua fried rice, and nachos are a must. They make awesome drinks too. In the past 6 months I've been there at least 10 times. I go with co-workers, friends and even though it is a lounge/bar, you can bring your kids, ALL are invited.

• Visited February 2013
St. George, Utah
“quirkey, fun, delicious”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Never would have found this place without quizzing our hotel bartender. This is primarily a local place, but actually walkable (long walk, but we did it) from Waikiki. Atmosphere is a little loud, you feel like the table next to you is part of your dinner party. Looks like it has potential for a fun bar scene, but we always sit at a table. I recommend reservations as this place because it always looks busy, and we go during the week.

The food: fun, creative, large portions, delicious. If you want, you can just order a few different appetizers to share and this would make a full meal. We shared the tuna kaitsu appetizer and then each had a different fish entree. Just plain delicious. For the dessert, the taro beignets (yes, taro) had a light and fluffy texture with a yummy vanilla sauce and ice cream (I would have preferred more vanilla sauce and no ice cream) - what an interesting twist!

They also have a nice selection of specialty drinks that I would recommend considering.

• Visited March 2013
“Great, unique food.”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Recommended by surf instructor as a local place that had great food. He recommended the Boca Rota and it was as good as advertised. Several other good choices like Dynamite Shrimp. Highly recommended. Around a mile walk from Waikiki Hilton.

1 Thank RichiefIl
sydney
“The best of our visit”
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

This is a locals rather than a tourist place. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful, the food was great and the prices reasonable.
We feel that this is well worth the effort to find. Most cab drivers know it, but it's about 3 blocks back from the zoo.
We would have gone here more often if the chance arose. A++++

1 Thank SydneyCath