“The best meal on our visit”

Uncle Bo's Pupu Bar & Grill
Ranked #8 of 2,368 Restaurants in Honolulu
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis
Canberra
“The best meal on our visit”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This restaurant is a little out of the way from the main Waikiki area but wow its well worth the short taxi ride to get there. You can fully believe every positive review on Tripadvisor. My wife and I shared several selections from the pupu menu and they were all exceptional. Superb food and service and the prices are very reasonable.If you go to Oahu don't miss Uncle Bo's.

1 Thank jerden

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Pearl City, Hawaii
“Uncle Bo's in Honolulu”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We live in Honolulu and Uncle Bo's is our favorite restaurant. The food is superb for such reasonable prices. The menu includes pupu (appetizer), soup, salad, pizza, pasta, and entrees. The pupu menu is extensive, and what we like to do is order several pupu dishes and perhaps a salad and eat family style. They offer a wide array of drinks, including specialty cocktails and wine. They are only open for dinner, but open past midnight for late night diners and drinkers.They have several signature pupus such as Thai style clams, dynamite shrimp, crab cakes, baby back ribs and so much more, and everything tastes wonderful! We always bring our out of town as well as local guests here and everyone is blown away by the delicious food! We come here at least once a month or more.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Larisue
Neptune, NJ
“Outside is deceiving”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We accompanied our daughter who lives in the neighborhood. She frequents often. It looks like a hole in the wall outside, but is nicely decorated and the food was delicious. The crab cakes and oyster shooters were outstanding. I totally enjoyed the sea bass.

“Wow”
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Wow! Every review that pointed us here. Thank you!! Everything I hoped it would be and more!!! Great menu, great service, great price .

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,060 helpful votes
“MAKE SURE YOU'RE HUNGRY AND THEN SOME...”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

OH MY GOD, the portions at this restaurant are out of control! The food is good, but nothing spectacular. we ordered two Pupu dishes as a starter and two main courses. I wish the waitress told us that we may have ordered too much food. I had the chilli prawn starter it was enough to feed four people! Yes I have a massive appetite but even I had to practically force my other half to finish this for me, as I still had a main course waiting. I ordered the Rib Eye steak, AGAIN it was Massive. The steak was cooked to perfection. The food here is ok. But the portions are over the top, you get full by just looking at it. The cocktails are watered down and too expensive so skip then! I had no breakfast and lunch the next day, so I suppose it's good value to save those pennies!!!

1 Thank Saintlysinner