“Don't leave Oahu without doing this!!!”
Review of Genesis Helicopters - CLOSED

Genesis Helicopters
Sydney
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Don't leave Oahu without doing this!!!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I hadn't been in a helicopter before and knowing we were heading to Oahu this seemed like the best opportunity; especially since it was my birthday. Of course, we went doors off as well. In short, it was amazing!
Must admit, it was a combination of nervousness and awe as we took off and started our tour of the island but that was more to my state of mind rather than the tour or staff itself. I couldnt speak any more highly of the staff and their service. They went through the pre-flight briefing clearly, the pilot gave us a great tour of the complete island with both a steady hand and great commentary. It was also a buzz to see sights that we had seen already from the air. I would recommend this to anyone and will do it again if we are back in Oahu.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Fred_Magee
hawaiianhighinc, Pilot Jim at Genesis Helicopters, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Fred, thanks for being adventurous to take the chopper ride with us.
Just being in a chopper for some is an awe inspiring experience in itself but to be able to do it over Oahu and see the rich history and beauty makes their vacation complete.
Thank you for noting our detail for safety as that is always #1 for me as a pilot and I love to share the beauty I see every day here on Oahu.
To see it all from the air and then be able to drive around those same places really makes it complete for most.
In addition, it creates a mental image of the entire island for some that just can't really be as clear when only seen from a car, van or tour bus.
Much Mahalo again for coming and getting high with us.
Pilot Jim O'Donohue :-)

Winnipeg, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WOW”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

my husband and I did the DOORS OFF helicopter tour of Oahu today. It was absolutely amazing, a fabulous way to get incredible views and pictures and definitely a must do for thrill seekers. I was a little nervous, being my first time on a helicopter AND the doors being off, however everyone at Genesis Aviation did a wonderful job making feel at ease. Our pilot Jim was friendly and knowledgeable making this excursion something we will never forget. Can't wait to see the DVD of our trip!

Visited October 2013
hawaiianhighinc, Pilot Jim at Genesis Helicopters, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Aloha and thanks for the review. A little secret from me to you is, I was nervous on my first helicopter flight many years ago but now, I try o make it my aim to make everyone feel comfortable before, during and after the flight.
It was such a treat for me to be able to take you all today.
Thank you for flying with me as your pilot.
Call me the next time your back on the islands at (808) 478-0288
Renton, Washington
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“What a great tour”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I would go again in a heartbeat. This was worth every penny. It is expensive but to tour the island of Oahu in a helicopter with the doors off and to feel the wind in your hair and the sun on your face was better than I can describe here. The pilot learned all of our names and advised us when he was making turns and air buffeting so that we would not be concerned that something was wrong. Thank you Jeff!!!

If you chose to take a tour with the doors off be sure to take a jacket for warmth as the wind does put a chill on you. I am a very warm person and was very happy to have a sweatshirt to put on.

Visited October 2013
hawaiianhighinc, Manager at Genesis Helicopters, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Much Mahalo Tina
A little bit warmer here on Oahu than Washington state (Where I originally moved from myself) and way more tropical.
I appreciated your kind review of Jeff's flying skills. He really is a gifted pilot and very knowledgeable of the island of Oahu. For over two decades he has been guiding others through the skied of Oahu and delighting the senses of his guests as the chopper brings them to some of the most beautiful places in the world.
Part of being a true professional pilot, such as Jeff is, is not just flying from here to there but also making his guests on board feel comfortable and safe, which he is such a professional at doing.
We hope you can tell others about your experience and once return here to fly with us at Genesis Aviation. Feel free to call us directly at (808) 478-0288 to make a reservation.
Melbourne, Australia
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Up Up And Away”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I am just sitting at home watching our DVD of our helicopter flight that just arrived in our mail box and it's great watching the amazing day we had. Doors off what a way to go, Our pilot Geoff was really good and pointed out a lot of places for us and was very informative. Earlier in the week we went around the island on a bus tour which was great but to see it all from the air was the best way to go as you see everything, what spectacular views and such a beautiful island. Would highly recommend putting on your to do list.

Visited October 2013
Thanks Wendy for the high reviews.
I certainly agree with you that Jeff is such a great pilot and his knowledge of the island is fantastic.
That no doubt comes from his flying here for over two decades and being raised here as well.
The ground based tours as you mentioned are nice but to see it all from the air is really no comparison to seeing it all from the helicopter.
I find as one of the pilots here myself that seeing it from the ground is like seeing it in 2D, compared to 3D since there is no way to see the deep canyons and valleys or waterfalls from the road that are soooo easily seen from the air.
Plus later when you are driving, it really puts it all together remembering the glorious views from the helicopter, now being seen from the ground.
Truly the best way to really get to know and love our beautiful islands secret, sacred and special places.
We hope your next trip to Oahu will again bring us back together.
Feel free to call us directly for the best and latest internet specials at (808) 478--0288
Jim O'Donohue
Maryborough, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

this was a great experience and the only way to see all of Oahu ,,,Our Pilot Jim was very informative and friendly. Our trip was also with doors off and the whole flight was exceptional .
Make sure you contact this company as they certainly now how to look after you. See you again if we come back to Honolulu. Denise , Hilton, Donna and Trevor

Trevor, Donna, Hilton and Denise
Thank you for remembering the great flight we had together.I hope the next time you come back to Hawaii you will come get high again in our chopper.