“Best way to see Hawaii”
Review of Genesis Helicopters - CLOSED

Genesis Helicopters
“Best way to see Hawaii”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

This was without question the highlight of our trip to Hawaii and you must do the tour doors off. From the minute were picked up at the hotel to drop off all the staff were amazing and only to happy to help and take photos. Pilot Jim was great and knew all the best sights, from pearl harbour to Elvis's guitar gardens, and even found us a full circle rainbow we both agreed that this was the highlight of the tour. We would definitely recommend this trip to anybody thinking about a helicopter tour of Hawaii. Can't wait to watch the DVD when we get back.

Visited October 2013
hawaiianhighinc, Pilot Jim at Genesis Helicopters, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Much Aloha for your kind review. The rich history of Oahu that spans so many generations makes it one of the best places to be a pilot ever.
The views from sand to reefs, mountains to waterfalls is topped off by the finally of Pearl Harbor which for many is a very emotional experience.
I look for ways to find the elusive circle rainbows here and so I was very happy to get one for your flight.
You have to admit that to see a full 360 degree circle rainbow is something you just do not get from the ground.
Lets try to get some more the next time you return to Oahu.

Honolulu Hawaii, USA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“INCREDIBLE”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

In my opinion, once you go doors off you cannot go back to any other way. Genesis provides impeccable, down home service that makes you feel a part of the family. A smaller operation makes for a more personalized tour and in my opinion, the only way to see Oahu is from Chopper 8!

Visited August 2013
It is always a special occasion to be able to get inside a helicopter and climb to new heights that for many is a once in a lifetime experience.
So for me to be the one to deliver that to you is special and I thank you for remembering me with a nice review of 5 stars.
Hope to see you again.
Southampton, United Kingdom
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“Must be 'Doors Off'”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

You go all the way to Oahu and you visit all the sights well you see nothing compared to the sights that Jim and his team have ready for you.

Picked up from you hotel your taken by a member of the team on your own little information trip to the aerodrome. A good long safety talk explaining all the do's and don'ts then its off to see the sights from 1500 feet with the doors off. It sounds terrifying but its not you really feel safe and you get to see more than you could have ever hoped for and they make it your trip, finishing with the flight in over Pearl Harbour made it the ultimate tour.

You can take your photos but remember to bring a camera with a strap and it may be warm on the ground but in the air it gets pretty cold so take a jacket. Enjoy and buy the DVD of your flight at the end.

Visited October 2013
Thank you for the review of 5 stars. Yes, Safety is ALWAYS first, as it should be when your flying in a helicopter and 1500 feet sure give you the birds eye view.
It is so super safe and really the best way to see the island.
A camera sure makes for great memories as does the DVD after the flight.
I hope we can fly again the next time you visit the islands.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Will do again”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This was the most exciting thing that we did in the 12 days that we were in Hawaii. Jim the pilot was awesome. Made everyone feel safe and at ease. He is funny and knowledgeable in regards to the island. This is well worth the money.

Visited September 2013
THANK YOU for the nice 5 star rating here on TripAdvisor.com
I hear regularly that a helicopter ride is awesome but when combined with the stunning beauty that Oahu has to offer, it is the best combination available.
I understand how some feel uneasy on their first helicopter ride and I try to make it a point to make everyone feel at ease since the best part of the flight is after you can relax and feel safe and secure.
That is why I like to sit with my guests and talk a bit of story before we take off so you all can have that warm fuzzy feeling of this guy who will be guiding you through the skies and seeing some of the best views in the entire state.
Thanks again for the kind review and for flying here with us.
Queensland
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Doors Off - The only way to fly”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

What a fantastic experience this was.Did this flight as a means to really get some great shots on DSLR. Boy did I get some. Jim the Pilot is a great guy who really knows his stuff. He made every effort to make sure we got all the shots we wanted. He even took us inland so we could view a circular rainbow which was simply amazing. Great safety regulations and a good reponsible tour provider. Highly recommend and would do it again.
Can't want to see the Go pro video.

Visited October 2013
hawaiianhighinc, Pilot Jim at Genesis Helicopters, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you Djscotty for the awesome 5 star rating and thank you for noticing that I really try to make sure everyone, no matter where they sit in the chopper gets the great view.
As you saw, I look for ways to find those AWESOME FULL circle rainbows and was sooooo glad to be able to deliver one for you guys.
It always makes my day to see them since it is virtually impossible to see them from the ground.
Thanks again for flying with me.
Feel free to call us directly at (808) 478-0288 the next time you get back to the island.