“Genesis Aviation Helicopter Tours made our Holiday Worthwhile.”
Review of Genesis Helicopters - CLOSED

Genesis Helicopters
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I Don't like heights and have never been in an Helicopter (What with the free-kin Doors Off) But that's what the Good Wife Wanted. Jim the Owner and his Team Jeff the Pilot and Jason, who picks you up from your Hotel our time was 12:30 and returns you to your Hotel after your Helicopter Ride is a likable character, creates a relax-able mood with his slight sense of Humor. Next you meet the Owner Jim who inducts you for your Flight preparation. Jim's character has a humor much like Magnum PI (Tom Selleck) with half the mustache, its like you've been friends for a long time. Am I Nervous about the Helicopter Ride ? Yes. But excited and the Big Picture is I give The 1 Hour of my time and it will soon be over, the feeling that comes back to me will be Gold. Next is you watch the Helicopter return from its Flight and you have an opportunity to converse with the Passengers on how their Flight was, which is inspiring. When we booked this tour 3 days ago to now, the feeling's I have been dealing with is balanced between gut wrenching scared to I'm on this Helicopter with my Wife to share this Opportunity. Now its my turn to take a seat. Jim gets you Buckled in and introduces you to the Pilot Jeff. Jim can take a couple of Pictures of you with your camera while you are seated. The Flight itself was awesome, inspiring, lifts you to a new level. The feeling I have cannot be taken away its mine. Jeff who wore a helmet cam filmed our Flight. His Narration of Oahu was impeccable.

2  Thank Wayne J
There are newer reviews for Genesis Helicopters

Reviewed September 10, 2012

These guys are a smaller operation which only fly one helicopter at a time. The team are fantastic, make you feel like you are one of the family and it is great to get to know the locals when you travel. Really professional pilot, great informative chat as you fly. Choose "doors off", it really is a thrill. Thanks guys.

1  Thank Sue B
Reviewed August 17, 2012

On a return trip to Oahu, we were looking for something to do.

Well - we found it.

Genesis Aviation took us for what was to have been a 50-60 minute tour of the island. It was more : 1 hour 18 minutes. We got our money's worth, and more!

If you have a fear of heights I'm not sure it would be the tour for you BUT if you can get through the first five minutes, anxiety changes to excitement.

I would do this again.

The pilot talks to each one personally, and makes sure you get a personal view of each location and even turns the helicopter for each person and side of the helicopter.

Thank you, Genesis.

4  Thank pkarza
Reviewed July 4, 2012

The helicopter tour of Oahu was one of the highlights of our visit to the island. Thrilling to be riding with doors off. Views are spectacular. You'll fly over Waikiki, Hanauma Bay, Diamond Crater, North Shore, Dole pineapple plantation and the largest maze, Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona and USS Missouri, Sacred Falls, and more.

From start to finish the Genesis Aviation team was professional, detailed, and friendly. We were picked up promptly from our Waikiki hotel, taken to their location, given an overview of safety items and what to expect, and then off in the helicopter with Jeff. The helicopter holds four so it is a nice small group. Even those who were nervous at first had an amazing time. If you have one splurge in your trip to Hawaii, we highly recommend this helicopter tour! Posting a couple pictures to give you a taste.

Some helpful hints: 1) It gets pretty chilly with the doors off - so wear long pants and shirts that are not too loose (because the shirt might fly up under your arms); and 2) Do them a favor and be honest about your weight (they will ask for loading purposes) - it is easier for them to plan if they have accurate details. Note - they will weigh you when you arrive - but they are VERY discreet. No other passengers will see or know your weight (truly!) - it is strictly so they can determine the best loading and weight balance for the trip and estimate fuel needs.

2  Thank kayaksnorkel
Reviewed June 9, 2012

So worth it, doors are off the helicopter, only holds 3 in the back 1 in the front with the pilot. The middle seat in the back still has wonderful views of both sides of the helicopter. The pilot spins around so that both sides get the same view for the photo opportunities. Ladies wear a hair tie, and wear a jacket although they will supply for you as it does get cold up there. What a wonderful way of seeing the whole island in 60 minutes. Well worth $230 per person but book early if you have limited time in honululu.

2  Thank sophPerth