Overall, a good value: Outstanding location, friendly staff, reasonable room sizes. Let down by poor upkeep & maintenance. It's a basic residential option best suited for exploring Honolulu and Oahu, and definitely not for a beach resort experience. Then again, you probably knew that coming into Waikiki.
Stayed for 3 nights in a 2-bedroom unit at the end of the building. Mid-$200s AAA rate, booked directly via hotel website.
* Location is fantastic. Right above 3 outstanding restaurants (Ginza Bairin for Tonkatsu, Matsugen for Soba, Arancino for Italian), next to convenience stores, right in central Waikiki.
* 2-bedroom unit was plenty large for a family of 4.
* Condominium format lends a very lived-in feel.
* Great staff. Front desk & housekeeping were friendly and responsive.
* Parking is a great deal, albeit first-come first-served. $20 self-park per night, come & go as you please, can start morning of Day 1 and end evening of Day 2 for that price.
* Recently and tastefully renovated.
* All of the rooms have the view of weekly fireworks, on Fridays 7:30pm.
* Limited service, no daily housekeeping.
* No onsite pool.
* Sloppy upkeep: We found dust bunnies galore behind headboards, various electronics (like WiFi router & alarm clock) unplugged, hair on bathroom floor (eww!), dried loogie-looking things on shower curtain (EWW!), stains on living room rug, burnt-out lightbulbs, dirty A/C filters and vents, mildewy shower grouts. The rooms just don't seem like they get cleaned often.
* Lagging maintenance: Visible rust on shower drains, many many wall chips and scuff marks, many loose fixture screws, maladjusted A/C thermostats, loose shower controls, loose water pipes, etc etc. Though the renovation was recent, it feels like things are going to pot quickly.
* Know how to pair WiFi devices via WPS.
* Dollar/Thrifty on Kalakaua is a walking distance away, often has advance specials in $35/day range on website. Make it a 1-day rental to avoid parking charges at hotel.
* As mentioned earlier, the 3 in-building restaurants are all fantastic.
* Don't miss Henry's Place across the street, for fruits and homemade ice cream.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Outrigger Regency on Beach Walk is an all-suite boutique condominium located on the edge of exciting Waikiki Beach Walk and short stroll away from the beach. One- and two-bedroom accommodations feature air-conditioning, complimentary high-speed Internet, 27" plasma TVs, rich hardwood floors, a spacious tiled lanai, and a designer kitchen. A popular Italian restaurant and Sundry Store are also on property. Guests are also entitled to the amenities at the neighboring Outrigger Reef. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Regency on Beachwalk Waikiki by Outrigger reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Regency On Beach Walk Hotel Honolulu
- Outrigger Honolulu
- Honolulu Outrigger
- Regency On Beachwalk Waikiki By Outrigger Hawaii/Honolulu