“Pleasant Stay in Waikiki”

Regency on Beachwalk Waikiki by Outrigger
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We reserved the 2 bedroom unit. Very nice internal fixtures and fittings and the kitchenette was a bonus. No WiFi was a bit of a disappointment but we did survive. Location was good, nice quiet surrounds but no views. Short distance to all of the Waikiki attractions. We did enjoy our time and would come back again. Good value for money.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Capt_Camper

Reviewed November 5, 2012

A nice modern condo with all the facilities you could possibly need. Parking is available at the rear of the complex.

Located in the "Golden Triangle" in Waikiki next to the Trump tower. Additional inclusive facilities (pool, gym, Hertz car rental, tour desk) located 2 minutes away at the Outrigger Beachfront Hotel.

Helpful and friendly reception desk staff, ABC store on the ground floor with 3 restaurants. 5 minute walk to the Royal Hawaiian and the International Market Place.

A great stay will be had by all!

Room Tip: Room 91 located on the end of the top floor with partial water view was great.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel/condo 10/12/12 - 10/20/12. First of all, I read many reviews that said hotel staff ‘’was awesome and very helpful”. Those employees must have had the days off the week we were there, because we didn't encounter anybody that was awesome or helpful! This was the worst hotel stay we've ever experienced. We booked an accessible two-room condo, I use a wheel chair due to a stroke. We were assigned unit 26. It looked as expected from hotel review photos. The bathroom had a roll-in shower, which was fine. I figured the floor must have a grade for proper drainage, WRONG! When my daughter took a shower the ENTIRE bathroom flooded. I mean our feet were covered with water and the water continued to run into the hallway. It was a slippery mess! I immediately asked for a new room. I didn't care if it wasn't accessible, anything was better than dealing with that bathroom. Jeff, at the front desk, told me he couldn't move us until the following day. I asked him to notate my account and to leave a message for the manager since he wouldn’t be there in the morning. Of course no message was left and I had to explain the whole ordeal to Wincy, the manager. She was able give us a new room, but she was rude and unapologetic. Terrible customer service!

We moved ourselves to unit 31 (they didn’t offer assistance in moving us). This room was much better, a real bathroom with storage, a fully stocked kitchen, a big lanai with a city-view. We even had a perfect view of fireworks from our lanai one Friday night. That was nice. The hotel is in a great location for shopping and eating. Now for the bad, the beds were not comfortable, the bathroom sliding door was very noisy and would wake you up if anyone used the restroom in the middle of the night. Street noise was really loud. The only way to cool one of the bedrooms was to leave the partition to the living room open and turn the AC to high, so anyone in the LR would freeze. Terrible set-up! Housekeeping was a joke. They claim they changed linens every 3 days. When that didn’t happen I called housekeeping only to have them argue with me about when our sheets would be changed! This hotel shouldn’t even say they provide housekeeping. All they do is collect your garbage and give you towels. That’s it! The remainder of our stay the staff was non-existent. Oh, except for the time someone’s motorcycle was parked in the handicap parking space. I informed the guy at the front desk. His response was, “do you have a handicap thing?” Terrible! If I could give this property a zero rating I would!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Filmar
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed in the 2 bedroom with a city view. The condo was clean and looked great. Staff was very courteous and helpfull with any questions. The hallways leading to our condo, were on the tired side. Carpet really needs to be replaced, but once inside the condo it was very nice. The maid service was very good.. Parking was $20 a day but that is pretty normal for Honolulu. Can't beat the location. Nice lanai with beauriful views at night of the city. Coffee and juice each day in the lobby. No pool but you can use the one at the Outrigger one block away.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Judy322
Reviewed October 16, 2012

It was a great experience staying at this hotel. Staff are very friendly and courteous. Nice location, very near the beach but not too crowded. The unit we stayed at is very comfortable after we had requested to transfer room, they had us in a handicapped accessible room, they immediately took care of our concerns and moved us to a different room. Staff are very helpful and always greeted you with a smile.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 1, 2012

A nice condo hotel, the kitchen was nice and well stocked, the bathroom has a slidding door and the bed was nice, but not that comfortable. Pool is next door at the Outrigger Reef. Room is noce and big, awesome balcony, not so great bathroom.

Room Tip: Do not get a cityview, bad view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Travelscott
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had two couples and a baby in this hotel. The benefits were they provided a pack and play, there are two bedrooms, and a furnished kitchen and dining room. Having a baby, it was nice to have a fridge and dish washer. The negatives are one bathroom with a sliding door that you can hear everything out of. The place looked dirty I think because it needs paint. I scrubbed the walls and none of the stains came off, but with a baby crawling it wasn't to my standards. The second bedroom has a sliding window inbetween it and the living room. This was not great for us because it was larger, so that's where we put the baby, but you could hear everything from the living room in the bedroom, and it was frosted glass so all the light from the living room came into the bedroom. It was very close to the beach, and a great location. More downsides, there is no guest computer, so you can't print boarding passes etc, and the laundry is expensive, so bring lots of quarters.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family