“Vino at Restaurant Row Honolulu”
Review of Vino

Reserve with OpenTable
Vino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #264 of 2,511 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Honolulu
Cross street: South Street
Transit: Ala Moana Boulevard, directly across the street from our restaurant.
Description: Vino is meant to be a charming, casual, neighborhood bistro, a place to hang out. Our foods are Mediterranean influenced, nothing fancy…just good home cooking! This menu features our most popular dishes. We also offer a host of ever changing daily specials, which allows us more flexibility to source new products from our local farmers.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

this place is the best, always good food great service and a wonderful atmosphere, very cozy. They are only open from Wednesday-Saturday for dinner but well worth it, parking is free with validation and they don't take reservations, you also need to look at their website to make sure it's open on those nights as people book the whole restaurant for special events. We love this place!!

3  Thank lillymayo

Reviewed January 31, 2013

What started out as a typical business dinner, ended up in a 3 hour party. I had heard about Vino because of its affiliation with La Chaine des Rotisseurs so I knew that the wine list would be interesting at the very least. My dinner companions deferred the wine selection to me and I asked the sommelier for some assistance. He was helpful without being demeaning and we were treated to three different wines from producers that I had not tried before. The food, at first for us an afterthought, was spectacular. Interesting preparations of local fish like Opah were interspersed with traditional favorites and a spattering of Italian food. Appetizers were right sized as were the dinner portions. Relaxed, comfortable with a staff willing to go the extra mile. Highly recommended.

1  Thank MemoSanAntonio
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My friends and I are always looking for a reason to go to Vino's. They have excellent food and an amazing wine selection. They routinely change out the menu too so there is always something new to try. The truffle mac n cheese is a can't miss as is the caprese. They make their own buffalo mozzarella in house! The servers have a vast knowledge of wine. I have never been steered wrong in picking the perfect wine-food pairing. I've been to this restaurant at least 10 times and I've never walked out anything short of 100% blown away. It is great for a large group of friends or a romantic date night. In fact, I proposed to my wife here during Valentine's Day--which the staff went above and beyond to help create. We have been comp'd desserts, champagne, and wines when celebrating significant and special events in our lives. The staff goes above and beyond to create a memorable moment, treating every guest like a VIP, Chuck (the connoisseur) is frequently seen making the rounds, and the chefs crank out authentic Italian/Mediterranean food consistently. The price is a little steep but I firmly believe you get what you pay for. I can't say enough good things about this restaurant. Not just one of my favorites in Hawaii but one of my favorites in the world!

3  Thank Jason B
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Superb Italian foods and great wines like Hybrid. Always when in Waikiki - have to go eat at Vino's. If you like Italian, you will love Chuck's hidden gem in the Restaurant Row.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

Great wines that we weren't familiar with, but that we will pursue now that Chuck Furuya has introduced us to them.

Been to Vino? Share your experiences!