“Consistently Very Good”
Review of Town Restaurant

Town Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Town Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #124 of 2,389 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 9th Avenue
Transit: Town is located along the municipal bus line.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Consistently Very Good”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have eaten at Town over 10 times and while there have been occasional times where the food is not outstanding, I still think it is one of the best restaurants in Honolulu. The casual atmosphere, reasonable prices and great food that always uses local ingredients makes me keep coming back. My favorite dish is the gnocchi - no matter which way they prepare it - that dish is amazing. The gnocchi are super light and melt in your mouth. I also love the Hamakua mushrooms. So simple but so delicious.

• Visited January 2013

“Breakfast not served until 11”
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Had lunch here the other day and it was awesome. Went for breakfast and showed up around 10:45 and we were informed that they stopped serving breakfast at 10:30 although the website says 11. Bad.

2 Thank Umerboomer
Hawi, Hawaii
“A spectaular simple delicious joy”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I cannot come to Oahu without a visit here.The menu,the casual yet sophisticated vibe, and the eager young staff all create a memorable evening of fresh locally sourced flavors.A delightful break from Waikiki.

• Visited December 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Losing Steam”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We ate at Town 1 year ago on our last trip to Oahu, and loved it. As such it was high on our list of "must stops" on our return visit. Unfortunately our return visit left us cold.

The space is still hipster cool, the crowd local, and the potential huge. I so much want to love this place, but the food really disappointed on our last visit.

Our salads were fine, but our mains way over salted, lacking in finesse, and if I am honest, not very good.

Town will not be on our list to return to next trip to Waikiki.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank chi-twn99
VA
“Great restaurant 20 minutes from Waikiki”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Well away from the tourist throng of Waikiki (about 20 minute drive actually) you are transported to a different world at this delightful restaurant. Reading the menu online will give you an idea of the inventive cuisine available. Local products are emphasized which is usually a good sign on multiple levels.

There is seating available both inside and out. There is not much of a view as the restaurant is located on the main street in town. However the owners have created a great atmosphere by creative landscaping on the terrace and a relaxed decorating style inside.

There is an excellent wine, beer and cocktails list. I choose a crisp dry Gavi from Italy and it complemented the dishes very well.

I started my meal with the Mussels. These were black mussels prepared with fennel, pastina, tomato, and a cinzano broth. The mussels were plump and very tasty. The broth, especially when soaked up with the terrific bread, was excellent.

For my main course I chose a Mahi mahi with local vegetables. The fish was perfectly cooked with a firm white fresh. As a previous reviewer has noted the kitchen has perhaps too strong hand with salt. I found it acceptable but it may be an issue with some diners.

I ended my meal with a sorbet and espresso. A very pleasant finale to a greta meal. Strongly recommend you try out this restaurant.

1 Thank BritinVA