“Best Deal in Waikiki”

Ranked #8 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Wahiawa, Hawaii
“Best Deal in Waikiki”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2011

We arrived on Saturday the 15th at 3:00pm and were promptly greeted with outstanding staff. They gave my husband, son and I a fruit juice drink that was so wonderful. Went to the room and could not believe the size. They boast this is the only all suites hotel in Waikiki- 2 flat screen TVs- one for the parents and one for the son, who was able to connnect PS3 and enjoy the free wireless internet. We went to PF Changs for dinner and returned for cocktail hour. On Monday, Wednesday and Saturday they have a live band and hula dancer. They were really wonderful. You can get exotic cocktails for free to include Blue Hawaiian and Mai Tai. My son had the virgin Mai Tai-- 3 to be exact.
Next day we enjoyed the wonderful shopping. We started off with signature Embassy Suites cooked to order breakfast. AWESOME! There were 2 stations of everything so everyone did not crowd the area. Dining and reception are outside, and as you know- the weather is awesome. Son and I went to enjoy the pool and then we shopped the rest of the day. Several happy hours occur down town and I encourage all to look into the MANY that you can sit oceanside and get cheap eats and drinks but do not have to suffer with the quality. This hotel is LOCATION- LOCATION!
Outstanding= you would be a fool to go anywhere else for the value!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Bronco-6

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (643)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Yellowknife, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2011

I picked this hotel the day before because it looked clean and had a hot breakfast.
When I first got there they didn't have a room for me but I think that might have been a screw up with my airline/agent. After waiting at the front desk for maybe less than an hour they put me in a room up on the top floor (or near the top) and said i could have that room for the night and they would contact me the next day. When I woke up the next day I contacted them and they said i was all good and could keep the room they put me in.
I had some time to kill after i checked out so they stored my bags for me and said I could book time to freshen up in one of there rooms they have saved just for that.
That was fantastic! I spent my last day on the beach and walking around Honolulu. By the time I got back I needed another shower. That was definitely a great perk!
The breakfast was really good everyday. Awesome kona coffee. If your travelling by yourself don't leave your food unattended because the birds will get at it! Really nice staff at the breakfast as well.
Also in the evenings there is a managers reception with complimentary drinks for two hours. I didn't realize this until half way through my stay. That was really nice too! If I could afford it I would be going to this hotel all the time. But since I usually travel alone and get dinged for the single supplement I will be staying some place else my next vacation.
I ate at the restaurant Roy's for a treat on my last night and used the hotel coupon for the lava cake dessert! OMG I am so glad i decided to go! It was delicious!
Would be a great hotel for a family since the beds are in a separate room from the living quarters. Plus there was a flat screen TV in each room! Very nice staff, extremely clean hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank dartanya2
Fairbanks, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2011

I always look for suite hotels so that our teens have their own sleeping area; a refrigerator is handy too. The rates at Embassy Suites were quite reasonable so it seemed like a good choice -- and it was!

A week before our trip to Hawaii, my husband broke his ankle. He needed a walk-in shower so we switched to an accessible room. Whoever designed this knew what they were doing. The room was near the elevators and around the corner from the 4th floor pool and hospitality area, so convenient for swimming, breakfast and evening drinks (complimentary). At breakfast and drink time, there was some noise from kids (and parents) running and yelling in the hallway, but it was not frequent (and could not be heard in the bedroom). The pool and hot tub were very nice, but the pool was in shade (which might be good in the summer, but not so good in winter).

The service was great. On arrival we were greeted with a glass of juice, and the bellmen who helped us were very friendly (and patient with my husband's pace). I'm normally not a fan of valet parking, but they were very quick to bring the car each time we needed it. Also, there is a nearby stop for the trolley that runs to Ala Moana shopping center.

The business center was well-equipped, which made it easy to print boarding passes.

An added bonus, Roy's Restaurant is on the premises; it is great.

I would give the hotel a good review under any circumstances. For us, the comfort and placement of the accessible room really helped save our trip.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2011

Our family of 4 ( 2 adults plus daughters 23,13 ) stayed for a week over the New Year . Speedy check-in, efficient friendly staff. We had a 2 bed suite on 17th floor in Hula Tower ,great view, quiet,comfortable beds. Plenty of space for a family of four. Breakfast was plentiful( sensational omlettes) and drinks at night by pool, fantastic! Excellent location on Beach Walk and 1 minute from beach. Great resturants close by, Yardhouse was a favourite. Great shopping close by and Ala Moana within walking distance.ABC general stores close for food,drinks, sandwiches etc. Laundy facilties on 3rd floor a bonus as well. Excellent value overall, great stay and would hightly recoemmned Embassy Suites. Look forward to returning one day.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank DeborahMosmanNSW
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2011

Great location central to some great places to eat and across the road from the beach.
Rooms nice and big, air-con, fridge & microwave.
Breakfast and two hours of drinks included in the hotel rate.
Do yourself a favour and think about staying here.
You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank AussieBumsSydney
Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2010

The Embassy Suites in Waikiki maintains the chains cleanliness and service standards. The full, made to order breakfast is great for teenagers. The Manager's reception included tropical drinks which was great for the adults, however the snacks were subpar from other Embassy Suites we have stayed with.
The hotel is close to the beach and shopping, so everyone was happy in our group. Again, for a family with teens, the 2 room suite works really well for a 4-5 night stay. As with any hi-rise building, keep your drapes closed at night. My daughter saw a naked man in the building next door.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Mitch317
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2010

The service was truly in the spirit of the Islands. Everyone from the moment we checked in to when we sadly departed wanted to help us have a wonderful experience. We got great recommendations for attractions and restaurants with great directions too. The breakfast and manager's reception were truly value added that no other hotel has matched. The location was great and having valet parking for the car was so easy. Try to stay at the Aloha towers on a higher floor to avoid some of the street noise. Malia was a real gem at the front desk. I can't wait to return to my home away from in Hawaii.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple