I've actually stayed at this hotel twice (Aug 2009 and Apr 2010) for business, but just joined up and am getting around to writing the review. I will likely be traveling to Hawaii semi-regularly for work, and see no reason to switch hotels any time soon.
- Very new and clean hotel. Spacious rooms and accommodations.
- Fantastic staff. Friendly staff from the front desk clerks, to the valets, to the housekeepers, to the breakfast cooks, servers, and bartenders and they all at seem very good at their jobs as well.
- Spacious rooms and bathrooms. Basic suite has sleeper sofa and "work desk" in addition to sink/mini-fridge/counter.
- Great Embassy Suites breakfast and reception. Breakfast is very good with lots of fresh fruit, variety, and Hawaiian/Asian touches as well. Drinks are reception are VERY strong...watch out, kiddies.
- Located on Beach Walk, near numerous restaurants, bars, and upscale shops.
- Only outdoor (covered) seating for breakfast, although you can take it to your room (trays offered). Staff has to fight off birds for you to eat in peace.
- Parking is expensive, although not at all out of line for the area - no self-park option, that I'm aware of.
- Beds are not overly comfortable and rooms do not have a built-in closet, so space can be a bit limited in the various furniture.
- Potential for less than exciting views of other hotels.
- Hotel is not right on the beach (access is a short walk through Outrigger - equivalent of maybe two or three blocks).
Since I have a lot of negatives, you may be wondering why this is a five-star hotel. Because they're all nitpicks (but I wanted to be complete). I've never been to a hotel where I was more pleased with the overall experience - everyone smiles at you and learns your name, and it means a lot. I was there for eight days in August and had various people welcoming me back months later.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk is an all-suite hotel featuring 1 and 2-bedroom suites with private bedroom(s), separate living room, and kitchenette. All of our guests enjoy complimentary full Made-to-Oder Breakfast daily, nightly Evening Poolside Reception, Wi-Fi, and more, and No Resort Fees. The hotel is located steps to Waikiki Beach and in the heart of Waikiki Beach Walk, Waikiki's newest shopping, dining, and entertainment district. In addition to the extra space, added value, and great location that makes our hotel so unique, it is the genuine Hawaiian hospitality of our staff that we are most proud of. Come experience the Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and TripOnline SA so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk Hotel Honolulu
- Embassy Suites Honolulu
- Honolulu Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites Oahu
- Embassy Suites By Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk Hawaii/Honolulu