Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk
Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
$189
$254
$209
Marriott Hotels
  • Beachfront
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
$204
$441
$336
Hotels.com
3,766 results
All reviewshula towerevening receptionmanagers receptiongrand lanaimade to order omeletsfree happy hourtwo bedroom suiteacross the streetyard housefree breakfastbreakfast stafflive entertainmentmiso soupwaikiki beachevery morningfresh fruitthe breakfast area
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We got married in Oahu a year ago and decided to come back to Oahu for our one year anniversary. After scouring reviews of all the hotels, we chose to pick embassy suites as our special place. I even added a note on our reservation and asked if they could possibly give us a nicer room or upgrade due to our special occasion. I know we did nothing to deserve it but figured I would try and maybe considering the fact I'm a longtime hilton honors member who was also once a diamond member they would make one nice gesture. I cguess the nice gesture resulted in a low level floor right next to the elevator, facing the pool. It's only our second night here and i awaken to the screaming noise of people at the pool and our next door neighbors conversating right next door, with the busy elevator noise bustling all the hotel guests to the 4th floor for breakfast and out to the lobby to start their day. We come home after a long day and just wanted to take a nap but had to battle the loud band for the managers reception, then right after listening to a group of drunk people at the pool blast their subwoofer speaker as loud as they can for hours. I've called the front desk to complain but 30 minutes later, it's still my problem. I'm now awake and struggling to hold in my sadness from the poor choice of hotel we chose for what is probably one of our most special trips we could have planned. 3 more night to go here, I hope we make it through without anything worse.

• Stayed: November 2013
6  Thank Dubewlg77
Bob Y, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Dubewlg77,
Congratulations on your one year anniversary! I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced, mostly stemming from your room assignment. We appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton brand, and apologize that you did not feel recognized. Perhaps next time we can have the opportunity to address your issue by locating a room further up and away from the pool area. I hope you were still able to enjoy the rest of O'ahu and its gems. Thank you again for your commitment to the Hilton family, and I hope this isolated incident will not prevent you from enjoying other properties.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

This truly is a beautiful Gem. My family: 3 boys, my husband and I stayed here 7 days and it is absolutely a great place. The staff is Amazing, to start they greeted us with great big smiles and a drink for each of us while we checked in. Once done they helped us up to our suite and greeted each of my 3 kids with a very cool surf board. They could not wait to get down to the beach. The breakfast at the hotel is Amazing, a great variety to chose from, you can also get an omelet as you please. Lot's of food, fruit & desert, fresh coffee and different kinds of juice. They also have daily managers reception "FREE 3hrs" drinks/alcohol and appetizers and Amazing entertainment "live band" that plays every other day. I wish they played every day as they are pretty awesome. The pool area is pretty nice as well as the hot tub. Overall you cannot go wrong this is truly a very nice place and the staff is beautiful. The rooms are very nice and the beds are very comfortable. WE LOVED THE EMBASSY SUITES!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Elvia G,
Mahalo for the fabulous review and rating of your experience at our hotel! I am glad your family enjoyed everything from the check-in to the daily complimentary evening reception. Although our pool is a quite favorable attraction to those with children, I am glad your boys had a chance to head to the beautiful sandy beach. You are absolutely right that our band is fantastic! We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

This is a great hotel. It is conveniently located and has many amenities. The rooms are nicely outfitted and very comfortable. What sets this hotel apart from all the other great hotels in the area is the staff. They are just great and go out of their way to welcome you. Whenever I am in Honolulu the Embassy Suites is my first choice for a hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear David S,
Thank you for the great comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. As they say; location, location, location is the key ingredient for success of a hotel. However, just as you mentioned, the staff are what can make or break a memorable vacation. I am glad our staff consistently exhumed the "Aloha" spirit. I hope you were able to indulge in the fantastic shops and restaurants on Waikiki Beach Walk. Thank you for your commitment, and we look forward to hosting you again.
Mahalo,

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We stayed here for a week. This is a great hotel. The rooms are fairly typical of an Embassy Suites. But it is the customer service and the location that put this hotel over the top. First is the customer service. Every emploiyee we had interaction with, even minimally, was terrific. You can tell that the staff has been well trained. Housekeeping was excellent. Service at breakfast, excellent. Front desk staff, excellent. Breakfast is terrific and slightly different from other Embassy Suites. If you want miso soup and salad for breakfast, stay here. You can get your made to order omelette also, but you get the miso soup in addition. At the Manager's Reception, the snacks are marginal, just like every other Embassy Suites, but here, you get live entertainment also. If you are enjoying the pool you can order drinks and appetizers. The work out room is well equipped, and the business center has the basics that you need. Wifi is strong. The location could not be any better. Restaurants are literally on site. And the ABC store across the street includes a deli. We were on the 21st floor with a view of Diamond Head and the Ocean. Beautiful views throughout the day. The breakfast area is on the 4th floor. I am not sure I would want a room on this floor just because of the heavy foot traffic for breakfast, the pool. and the manager's reception. On the other hand, you would not have far to go to get to these things.When we return, we will stay here again, We have stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in the past, and it is also good. But if you want the additional space of a seperate bedroom from living room, then this is the place to stay. And finally, the General Manager here is well respected and loved by the staff. So it is no wonder that the customer serivce is at this level.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the ocean or Diamond Head start somewhere around the 10th floor. If you want a view, call the hotel to find out which floors will give y ou waht you want.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear wardgarner,
Thank you for the awesome and thorough review regarding your stay at our hotel. You are absolutely correct that the location and staff make a big impact on guest experiences. I am glad you had the opportunities to interact with our "Aloha" spirited staff. Although we are national branded Embassy Suites, we always try to set ourselves apart by switching things up like the fresh fruits and miso soup for breakfast, as well as the complimentary live entertainment held four times a week during the happy hour. I appreciate your kind words, and will continue to develop a hotel that our entire staff can be proud of.
Mahalo,

Reviewed November 24, 2013

My partner and I stayed at Embassy Suites Waikiki in October 2013 for 5 nights. The free breakfast was great! Staff were super friendly. Managers cocktail hour serves free snacks and drinks (very strong!) nightly. The band was really good too. The hotel is in a great location. Would go back for sure! Our room didn't have a view but that didn't really matter as we were hardly in the room.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob Y, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear angegange,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your experience at our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed all of our complimentary amenities; from the breakfast to free drinks in the evening. You share the same opinion as most of our guests regarding our stellar band. It is nice to wind down from a busy day with free mai tais along with music to soothe your soul. Thank you for your commitment, and perhaps next time you will be able to enjoy the city and/or ocean views from our rooms.