“A Great Place to Stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk
Ranked #10 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed November 29, 2013

This is a great hotel. It is conveniently located and has many amenities. The rooms are nicely outfitted and very comfortable. What sets this hotel apart from all the other great hotels in the area is the staff. They are just great and go out of their way to welcome you. Whenever I am in Honolulu the Embassy Suites is my first choice for a hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Bob Y, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear David S,
Thank you for the great comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. As they say; location, location, location is the key ingredient for success of a hotel. However, just as you mentioned, the staff are what can make or break a memorable vacation. I am glad our staff consistently exhumed the "Aloha" spirit. I hope you were able to indulge in the fantastic shops and restaurants on Waikiki Beach Walk. Thank you for your commitment, and we look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We stayed here for a week. This is a great hotel. The rooms are fairly typical of an Embassy Suites. But it is the customer service and the location that put this hotel over the top. First is the customer service. Every emploiyee we had interaction with, even minimally, was terrific. You can tell that the staff has been well trained. Housekeeping was excellent. Service at breakfast, excellent. Front desk staff, excellent. Breakfast is terrific and slightly different from other Embassy Suites. If you want miso soup and salad for breakfast, stay here. You can get your made to order omelette also, but you get the miso soup in addition. At the Manager's Reception, the snacks are marginal, just like every other Embassy Suites, but here, you get live entertainment also. If you are enjoying the pool you can order drinks and appetizers. The work out room is well equipped, and the business center has the basics that you need. Wifi is strong. The location could not be any better. Restaurants are literally on site. And the ABC store across the street includes a deli. We were on the 21st floor with a view of Diamond Head and the Ocean. Beautiful views throughout the day. The breakfast area is on the 4th floor. I am not sure I would want a room on this floor just because of the heavy foot traffic for breakfast, the pool. and the manager's reception. On the other hand, you would not have far to go to get to these things.When we return, we will stay here again, We have stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in the past, and it is also good. But if you want the additional space of a seperate bedroom from living room, then this is the place to stay. And finally, the General Manager here is well respected and loved by the staff. So it is no wonder that the customer serivce is at this level.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the ocean or Diamond Head start somewhere around the 10th floor. If you want a...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear wardgarner,
Thank you for the awesome and thorough review regarding your stay at our hotel. You are absolutely correct that the location and staff make a big impact on guest experiences. I am glad you had the opportunities to interact with our "Aloha" spirited staff. Although we are national branded Embassy Suites, we always try to set ourselves apart by switching things up like the fresh fruits and miso soup for breakfast, as well as the complimentary live entertainment held four times a week during the happy hour. I appreciate your kind words, and will continue to develop a hotel that our entire staff can be proud of.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

My partner and I stayed at Embassy Suites Waikiki in October 2013 for 5 nights. The free breakfast was great! Staff were super friendly. Managers cocktail hour serves free snacks and drinks (very strong!) nightly. The band was really good too. The hotel is in a great location. Would go back for sure! Our room didn't have a view but that didn't really matter as we were hardly in the room.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob Y, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear angegange,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your experience at our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed all of our complimentary amenities; from the breakfast to free drinks in the evening. You share the same opinion as most of our guests regarding our stellar band. It is nice to wind down from a busy day with free mai tais along with music to soothe your soul. Thank you for your commitment, and perhaps next time you will be able to enjoy the city and/or ocean views from our rooms.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Comfort, convenience, and complimentary breakfast. With food costs being what they are in Waikiki, having the breakfast buffet amounts to about two nights free for two adults staying a week. The two rooms in the suite are a major plus. Top notch staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Walter L,
Thank you for great review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. You started and ended the review with a great summary of our hotel. Aside from the comfortable, convenient suites, the staff make a big impact on our guests' experience. Add that with the complimentary added-values like breakfast and free drinks daily, then you get the Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk. We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel a total of 3 weeks in June during a work trip...everything was nice except my departure. Since I had a late flight home and they were completely sold out I had to store my luggage. When I retrieved my luggage a practically brand new bag had the front of it completely torn off. I only noticed this when we returned the rental car since they took the luggage directly to my trunk and loaded it. When I called the hotel immediately I placed a report about the damage...I heard nothing back...I returned in Sept for work and had a manager look at my bag since I brought it back with me...they placed a report and took pictures. I was told a claim would be filed with the insurance co...I heard nothing afterwards...finally this week I get a letter in the mail from the insurance company saying my claim is denied because I did not follow procedures reporting this incident....I am furious...as a long time loyalty member of Hilton I find this ridiculous!

Room Tip: Do not store your luggage they do not take care of it
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank DAD317

Dear DAD317,
Thank you for being a loyal Hilton Honors member. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced regarding your luggage damage incident. We take each and every incident seriously, and make efforts in getting things resolved as soon as possible within our capabilities. I hope this isolated incident will not keep you from returning to Hilton properties.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Arrived at the Embassy Suites at 9.30am and to our amazement our room was ready and we were able to check in. Our room was comfortable and clean. At first we were disappointed as we were on the fourth floor and obviously lacks any views but it suited us to a tee, as access to the the breakfast room , pool and the escalators were all at close proximity. The housekeeping was of a good standard, the convenience of having breakfast included is fantastic, the staff most welcoming and friendly. I could honestly say we have no complaints about our stay and would most definitely consider staying there again. The location is perfect with many dining options available.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DianneZis

Dear DianneZis,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad we were able to locate a room for your convenience upon early arrival. You are absolutely right that the fourth floor rooms are most popular among those that seek convenience at their fingertips. Thank you also for your kind comments regarding our staff, as they take pride and joy doing what they do best. Thank you for your recommendation and commitment. Please consider us your home away from home.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

This hotel is amazing...I was greeted by the Front Desk Agent with a nice cold beverage, my check in process was quick and effortless, Great Job Front Desk Team...My guest room accomodations were clean and well maintained. Great Job Housekeeping..
Comp Bar was great, bar tenders (male & Female) were very quick and held a good conversation. The breakfast was great with a variety of foods and tasted yummy. I asked the bellman for a taxi and he called a limo, wow...
I will defiantley be back to this hotel. Very Happy with my stay.

Room Tip: Any room is good.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Bob Y, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear Steve F,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Aside from the location, the staff make a big impact on our guests' experiences. I am glad that you found our staff to be efficient and friendly. I hope you enjoyed the fresh fruits served daily at our breakfast. Thank you for your commitment, and we look forward to your return!