“Highly Recommend the Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk
Ranked #9 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Austin, Texas
“Highly Recommend the Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk”
Reviewed July 30, 2008

We stayed at the Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk for three nights earlier this month via the Hilton's HHonors Diamond rewards program. Our stay on Oahu was brief, followed by a more leisurely visit to Kauai, but our experience was perfect. The room was spacious, clean, and furnished very nicely with appropriate island/beach decor. We stayed in a suite, which is perfect for a family consisting of night owls and early birds! We were on the 16th floor of the Hula tower and had a decent view of the ocean. While not on the beach, the property is across the street from it and within walking distance of restaurants and shops. I barely noticed construction at the new Trump property and do not think it would detract from anyone's visit, to be honest.

Staff at the Embassy Suites was top notch: genuinely friendly without being condescending and responsive. The activities director (an Australian gentleman) gave us some great suggestions for discovering the rest of the island and directed us to the perfect North Shore beach to hang out with sea turtles!

The (complimentary) Evening Manager's Reception offers drinks, snacks, and entertainment (music and hula) and the breakfast buffet is impressive. Both help set this hotel apart, especially with the high prices in Waikiki Beach. I would not hesitate to recommend this property to family and friends and if we are fortunate enough to ever return, will most likely stay here.

• Liked — Size of room, value for the money, very clean and neat
  • Disliked — Can't think of a thing...
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank Salmuabe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (674)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
California
Reviewed July 27, 2008

My family just returned from Waikiki Beach. Several reviews stated that noise was a factor. During our stay, the noise was not a factor. We were in the Aloha Tower. The breakfast buffet was excellent, especially the omelet bar! The evening reception served awesome mai-tais. The munchies were the same every evening, chips and salsa, veges and dip, goldfish crackers, etc.
We had a rental car for a day, and the valet service got our car out quickly each time. They let us check in early at 1:00 pm and we received our complimentary drink upon arriving and received our complimentary Hawaiian CD. It was really convenient to be next to the new Waikiki Beachwalk with all the new restaurants and stores close by. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Liked — free breakfast and free internet
  • Disliked — being next to the Trump Tower
3 Thank hellokittyluver
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 26, 2008

I took three of my children to Hawaii for a high school reunion in June and stayed for 8 nights at the Embassy Suites Waikiki Beachwalk. I had requested a quiet room with a view, and we were thrilled to get a corner room on the 18th floor looking toward both the beach and the mountains. Every day I would wake up early, go to the Business Center, check emails, make phone calls, print documents, and send faxes; the facility for business necessities was good and well-kept.

After taking care of any business needs, I would go to the Fitness Center located right next door and do my daily work out consisting of a treadmill, stairmaster, yoga ball, and weights. Many days it was quite full of people, but no one seemed to be waiting for the use of any equipment for very long.

I would meet my pre-teen and teenage children for the great breakfast located between the Hula and Aloha Towers; made to order omelettes, a good selection of fruit, and specific local foods like miso soup and portugese sausage were available every day.

The best part of staying at this hotel was its proximity to restaurants and stores. I would let my kids venture to the Roxy store and down Waikiki during the day, and I would meet my childhood girlfriends at Roy's or the Yard House at night. It was a wonderful hotel to stay in for the length of time I stayed. The only complaint I had was that guests had a $25/day mandatory valet charge and that at times it would take a while to get my car. Other than that, I would say our stay at Embassy Suites was about as good as it could get.

• Liked — Size of rooms, breakfast included, good restaurants downstairs.
  • Disliked — Valet parking was expensive and tedious.
1 Thank lovetotravel00
pgh,pa
Reviewed July 20, 2008

My family of 4, 2 adults and 2 late teens, had a very nice stay at the Embassy Suites in June of this year. I had read a lot of the reviews and was prepared for the construction noise and possible slow elevators. We never had any problems with the elevators and we had the tower away from the construction and never heard any noise. We never used the pool, so I cannot comment on the noise factor there. We were on an upper floor and never experienced any street noise or other tennants noise. My wife is a very light sleeper and she had no problems. We had a one bedroom and it worked well with the four of us. The breakfasts each morning were a wonderful way to start our morning. Nice that it opened very early in AM. After a very busy day, it was nice at the evening reception to sit with a drink and some veges and chips before dinner. Walk to the beach was quick and heart of Waikiki Beach was only 10-15 min away. Many many restaurants and places to shop also were close. ABC stores were plentiful and close. We did rent a car and I was prepared for the 25.00/day valet parking. They were quick and friendly and it was nice having them take care of the car.
Long review, but it was difficult trying to decide where to stay, and my family was glad I finally decided on Embassy Suites. I would not hesitate to stay here again

3 Thank rbross50
Los Angeles
Reviewed July 16, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed in a one-bedroom suite when we visited Waikiki Beach last weekend for his family reunion, and our entire stay was a treat, starting with the complimentary welcome cocktail as you check in. I found our room to be cool, clean, and comfortable, with a beautiful city view, mini fridge and microwave for our convenience, and even two flat screen TVs. The complimentary fresh cooked breakfast was wonderful every morning (the omelette station is a must), the pool was beautiful with a bar of yummy island cocktails, and the overall appearance of the hotel was lovely. The hotel is a very short walk from Waikiki Beach, and in the middle of a promenade of quality shopping, touristy shopping, and restaurants. Think Rodeo Drive, but with lit island torches. And the staff was very helpful and knowledgable of the area--they were able to make recommendations and get us transportation to wherever we needed to go, for a reasonable few dollars.

The only downside was the construction of the Trump tower next door, which provided a little noise, and a not so lovely visual from the pool, and some rooms. But otherwise, I would highly recommend the Embassy Suites for an island stay experience that is truly sweet.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank MochaRose
Redington Shores, Florida
Reviewed July 13, 2008

This hotel was a wonderful place to stay while on vacation with my extended family. There were 14 people in all, and no one had a bad thing to say about the hotel. (VERY unusual, especially for my mother and I ... both hotel SNOBS!)

The rooms were clean and spacious. There was a small refrigerator, coffee maker, and a microwave.

The included breakfast was outstanding, probably the best one I have ever seen. There is everything you could possibly want to eat in the morning. Made to order omelette's, fresh fruit, breakfast potatoes, several assorted pastries, breakfast meats, etc. You can even sit outside in the sun which makes for a great start to the day.

The staff was extremely helpful in every way. The people in the gift shop/ store were so welcoming they treated us like we were family. They even learned some of our names. :-) Any staff we encountered or asked questions to were more than willing to give us help or opinions on activities, dining, etc.

The managers reception every night was awesome. For 2 hours, you could get free cocktails and snacks in the same area breakfast was served! (Right by the pool)

This hotel is not located right on the beach, however it was a short walk across the street and did not seem to bother anyone in our large group.

The location was wonderful. It was located right on the 'Beachwalk' where there are numerous great restaurants and wonderful shopping. Honestly, it was the perfect location on Waikiki.

If you get the chance, check out the Hula Grill. We had an excellent meal with great service, and the view of the ocean was incredible.

3 Thank BLove4444
california
Reviewed June 30, 2008

This is a very clean and new hotel. There was good noise insulation from the outside. Very quiet. Room looked over gorgeous pool area with balcony. Could see the ocean through the buildings and hear the nightly music and hoola dancers perform. We had a 2 bedroom suite for four kids and ourselves and it was perfect space for all. Buffet was yummy and fresh every morning. Strawberries dipped in chocolate were offered free every afternoon by the pool. Delivered personally by the head chef. Nice touch. Entertainment staff and pool staff were gracious and welcoming. Coctail hour was nice with snacks. My kids looked forward to the food everyday and helping themselves. Shopping was great nearby...beach was rocky...walk down further to use Waikikii Beach. Trump noise was not bad at all. Pool perfect for kids at only 4 ft at deepest with jacuzzi. Try a Lava Flow from the bar. Was great!
Clean, Comfy,Family Friendly, Fun and convenient to restaurants and entertainment. Could walk to everything from this location. Perfect for large family with kids like our. Have fun when you go here. Aloha!!!!

• Liked — Newness
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family