We stayed for a week over spring break and were impressed with the hotel. Even though our assigned room was right next to the elevator, I was pleasantly surprised that none of us were bothered by noise. Not once! The room had a mini fridge and microwave which was handy. There was a safe in the room which was pretty big. I don't think it could accommodate a laptop, but it held our multitude of electronics.
The pool area was wonderful. Plenty of loungers, and tables with umbrellas. We spent hours there while the kids would swim. You can order food and drinks and charge them to the room. The free manager's reception was held here as well. Drink lines were short most of the time, and even when they were longer, the wonderful bartending staff was very efficient so they went quickly. There were some basic snacks, like chips and salsa, or goldfish, or carrots/celery and ranch dip.
The free daily breakfast was also held on the grand lanai where the pool was. You could choose to eat indoors or outside. There was made-to-order omelets, scrambled eggs, potatoes, rice, fresh fruit, pastries, bagels and toast with a variety of toppings, miso soup, salad, and probably a few things I have forgotten.
The valet staff and housekeeping were really outstanding. We wanted to take the kids for short limo ride in one of the stretch limousines we constantly saw driving around Waikiki, but didn't know how to make arrangements. We asked a valet, who said he would handle it for us. He was very helpful and it was a great surprise for the kids. In addition to that special help, the valet staff were also quick to bring the car to us. Yes, the parking fee is $35 per night, but from my research in looking for a hotel, that is pretty standard. Housekeeping was very friendly as well and did a great job taking care of the room.
One of the best things about the hotel is the free wifi and no resort fees. The only downside is that the hotel isn't beachfront. It's a five minute walk the lobby to the most direct spot on the beach, at most. We preferred to walk further to the beach in central Waikiki, where the ocean bottom was more sandy and not as rocky. The area surrounding the hotel, called Beach Walk, was wonderful. There were plenty of restaurants and shopping available right outside the door. We really enjoyed our stay at Embassy Suites Beachwalk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk is an all-suite hotel featuring 1 and 2-bedroom suites with private bedroom(s), separate living room, and kitchenette. All of our guests enjoy complimentary full Made-to-Oder Breakfast daily, nightly Evening Poolside Reception, Wi-Fi, and more, and No Resort Fees. The hotel is located steps to Waikiki Beach and in the heart of Waikiki Beach Walk, Waikiki's newest shopping, dining, and entertainment district. In addition to the extra space, added value, and great location that makes our hotel so unique, it is the genuine Hawaiian hospitality of our staff that we are most proud of. Come experience the Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk Hotel Honolulu
- Embassy Suites Honolulu
- Honolulu Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites Oahu
- Embassy Suites By Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk Hawaii/Honolulu