“Embassy Suites”

Ranked #9 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Pittsburgh, PA
“Embassy Suites”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This hotel is a great place to stay especially with children. The suite rooms, the breakfast, the staff,and the location make it one of the best deals in Waikiki Beach. I have spoken to many people about their hotels in Waikiki Beach and this is the best deal compared to all the others

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
bob_yeoman, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Aloha and mahalo for taking the time to post a great review! Thank you for acknowledging Embassy Suites as the best value in town, especially for children. I am happy that you were pleased with everything we have to offer! Your positive comparison to other hotels in Waikiki is truly a high compliment. Thank you much! We honor you as our guest and it would be OUR honor to host you once again here in beautiful Waikiki. Until we meet again.....Aloha!
Bob Yeoman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (656)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Scottsdale, AZ
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I booked this at 3 a.m. on-line "day of arrival" due to unsatisfactory hotel already booked in Oahu. When I called my son and his wife from the airport they had just checked in and said "this place is heaven!" It is a half block---just across the street---from the beach, surrounded by many restaurants, up scale shops, public transportation etc. What a relief to have a full and excellent breakfast every morning without having to leave the premises---and son and wife loved the cocktail hour every night. Given the price compared to other hotels I considered, this was a real deal. Full business center to keep in touch with the office, etc. and Roy's restaurant in the hotel.

Room Tip: Corner room any floor gives you two patios and fantastic views.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mm5134
Aloha and thank you much for posting a fantastic review! Wow! We're so happy that we could host you and your family....just in time! I love the response posted, "this place is heaven!" Thank you! Our amazing value is one of the many attributes Embassy Suites Waikiki is known for. We celebrate with you our upgraded Wi-Fi High Speed Internet Access! Thank you for staying with us and look forward to your next visit to Heavenly Embassy Suites Waikiki.
Until we meet again....aloha a hui hou!
MARKESAN
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Staying here 4/nights - 5days -too short! Everyone very friendly & helpful. Room very large & spacious. Separate bedroom w/2 comfortable dble beds, lots of storage, separate small balcony. Living room has dble sleeper sofa, table w/3chairs, & a larger balcony.. Entry area has sink, frig, microwave. Large bathroom. Outdoor pool on 4th floor. Also a large eating area for the FULL daily breakfast & for the 5:30-7:30 pm daily managers reception with snacks, drinks (alcoholic & nonalcoholic), & live music. Having an in room massage tomorrow - can't wait! restaurants & shopping within walking distance. Beach across street. Very clean property.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Melamama
Aloha from Paradise! Mahalo for posting a wonderful review! We love knowing that you chose Embassy Suites Waikiki to celebrate the love of family, thank you! Our clean, spacious and comfortable suites is a hit with many especially families. Our splashy pool, amazing location, FULL comp breakfast and cheery & entertaining Manager's Reception adds to the memorable, Embassy Experience. It's known that if we take care of ourselves, we can then take care of our families and you did just that by experiencing our Hawaiian massage (Lomilomi). Thank you again for taking the time to post a great review. Until we meet you and your family again.....Aloha!
metroDC
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I brought my grandson (and his mom, my daughter) to Hawaii to celebrate his 10th birthday. Frankly, Hawaii was not on my "bucket list" but he, being born on Pearl Harbor Day, really wanted to go there. After a very long plane ride, we were greeted with a cold drink and without any hassle, checked in and were shown to our room. Our stay was nothing short of wonderful: the hotel is impeccable, the staff gracious and very helpful. We all enjoyed the breakfasts; my grandson loved the pool (it is a great family place) and my daughter and I appreciated the manager's reception. A very special thank you to Noleani..the Expedia concierge. She was nothing short of AMAZINGl...before and during our trip. I would definitely stay at ES should I return and have already recommended it to friends.

Room Tip: Room with a view of Diamond Head was extra special.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank travellermetroDC
bob_yeoman, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Aloha and mahalo for posting a wonderful review! First of all, please extend a belated Happy Birthday to your grandson. What a great and meaningful celebration. It makes me happy to know that you and your family was graciously greeted by our exemplary staff and that you enjoyed our refreshing, tropical drink upon your arrival. Among your inspiring review, thank you too, for noting our hotel as impeccable, our staff as gracious and helpful and your high recommendation to friends. Know that I will extend your compliments to all that made your stay amazing. We hope that a birthday celebration will bring you back to Embassy Suites Waikiki.
Aloha a hui hou,
Pasadena, California
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed at the Embassy Suites for 5 nights just before the 4th of July. The room worked out great for our family of 4.

We had requested in advance a high floor room in the Hula Tower. We have Diamond status with Hilton so I assumed this would be no problem. Our course, when we checked on they had us on the 6th floor of the Aloha Tower. They basically said my status with Hilton, which I have maintained for years, didn't mean anything when I book with points. My wife didn;t like this a pushed and after a few minutes we were given a room on the 18th floor of the Hula Tower, 1826 to be exact. The room was right across from the elevator, which worked out great.

I read a lot of reviews that suggested getting a high floor on the Hula tower, which is why I asked. I quickly realized the only views in that tower are if you are facing the pool. Our side looked out a condo property, that is taller that the Embassy. If I stood at the railing of my balcony and looked right, I had a partial view of the ocean (see my pictures). This really didn't bother me to be honest. I think the views might be better in the Aloha tower, if you had a higher room. In that tower there are less obstructions and it looked like you would either have a Diamond Head view or partial ocean view. Also, the breakfast area is just as close to the Aloha tower as the Hula tower.

The breakfast buffet is the value here. Saves $$$ and was very good. Also, unlike many Embassy Suites, there was not an issue of finding a table, even at primetime. Plenty of room. One tip, sit more in the middle of the room or away from the open areas because of the birds.

The happy hour is just so so, but I guess I should complain about free beer. The wine is undrinkable and I didn't try the tropical drinks. The snacks are basically pretzels and chips and salsa.

There's a great little sushi place across Beachwalk across from the 7-11. Small place but great sushi. I think its in the Breakers hotel.

The beach is ony a block away and there are many rental stands where for $25 you can rent an umbrella and 2 lounge chairs for 4 hours. When you get the beach turn right towards the Hilton and go a couple of stands down where the beach is wider.

The pool area is nice and was never crowded, to my amazement. The pool is shallow and full of kids, but its cools you off when you need it. There's a bar by the pool and they have a simple bar food menu.

If you rent a car, the parking could cost more than the rental. $30/day for valet. There is no self parking.

On points I would stay here every time. If I had to pay for my room, I could probably get 2 rooms at the Hilton Hawaiian Village or somewhere else for what they charge here.

Room Tip: High floor. I'd probably pick Aloha tower unless I knew I was facing the pool in Hula tower.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank cabjohnson
Aloha and thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am happy that we could accommodate you during our busy, summer months and that your suite provided a tropical, island view and a comfortable access to the elevators. Mahalo for your great travel tips regarding the numerous restaurants and attractions that are within walking distance. We congratulate you on your Diamond status and thank you for choosing Embassy Suites Waikiki!
Until we meet again...aloha a hui hou!
New Zealand
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Fantastic place for a visit to Hawaii. Very good value with free breakfasts and a managers reception every evening which is essentially free drinks (cocktails and all) and snacks with a good band most nights. Very good value as we hardly had to but any other food during the day.
Location is pretty good, just a couple of minutes to the beach although it has a good pool of its own

• Stayed July 2012
bob_yeoman, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Tena koe! Mahalo for posting a great review! It is our honor to host our close cousins of Polynesia and am happy that you found Embassy Suites Waikiki to be a great location and most of all a fantastic value! Our yummy, comp breakfast and Manager's Reception is so popular among our guests amongst many other amenities such as our comfy, spacious and clean suites. We look forward to your next visit to beautiful Hawai`i and until then....
Kia ora and aloha a hui hou!
Mill Valley, California
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Our family of 4 stayed @ the Embassy Suites May 31-June 9. We were in the Hula Tower, 19th floor, the end room facing Waikiki, #1929, the view was wonderful, although there are two other hotels that are in the front, you can see over the hotels that are @ lower level,,as the ES is not right on the beach. Everything in Waikiki is expensive, and we found that the great breakfast in the morning of made to order omeletts/eggs waffles, toast, fruit a good value. Bob the manager personally welcomed us, which we really appreciated. We recommend booking the island activities through the Expedia desk in the lobby, Noelani was a great resource, and could not have been more professional and helpful with her recommendations and assistance.
The best beach deal is renting the two chaise lounges/umbrella right in front of the Beachcomber one block from the hotel for $40.00/day. Get there early by 10:00 to reserve the front row, right on the water, and reserve a spot. Further down the beach they can run $80.00/day. $3.00 Mai- Tais @ the Beachcomber starting @ 3:00!
AS A WARNING: Our only bad experience, NOT CONNECTED TO EMBASSY SUITES while in Waikiki, was involving the "Parrot Dise" guy down on the beach next to the Outrigger, one block from the ES. He takes pictures of families with his parrots with the beach in the the background. He took our cash,(a bad sign) and did not mail us our pictures, as promised. We called several times after we returned home, and he actually had the nerve to hang up on us twice! Finally, because he rents the space from another hotel, and we asked security to investigate, did he finally mail us the pictures. You would think he had a reputation to maintain, but apparently this is his MO with customers and cash. The pictures were not anything great. Take that, Mr. Parrot!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank M F
bob_yeoman, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Aloha from our Embassy family to yours! Mahalo for posting an excellent review! I am inspired by your title alone, "SAFE CENTRAL LOCATION, RESPONSIVE STAFF, EXCELLENT BREAKFAST, CLEAN ROOMS". Thank you! I am glad I had the opportunity to welcome you to Embassy Suites Waikiki. Your price comparatives on beach deals and also awareness on not so good "parrot dise" deals is helpful to many. It's embarrassing to hear of your bad experience outside of Embassy Suites, however, glad that your persistence helped others. We look forward to you and your family's next holiday with us! Until then....
Aloha!