(this is for a trip taken from 3/30 - 4/6)
An excellent property with a great staff.
The entire trip was made better with our stay here. (I have unreasonably high expectations). The reception desk had been waiting for us (with our late arrival at 11:00pm - and no call ahead). The 'bell' team members (hey, at 40+ you are not a 'boy' and I don't like the word 'hop') were very friendly and helpful.
The valet service rocked. With one exception of a team member who seemed a little 'on to the next task' oriented, all others were very attentive and on the job. We never seemed to wait more than 5 minutes to have our rental car back in our hands. Always remember to tip them. They are worth it. BTW: Parking is $30 a night, and is worth it.
I have no clue about the pricing for the room as it was a package deal. Not a cheap one either - but worth every penny spent.
Embassy Suites always has a free breakfast buffet, and this one was no different. Do not forget the fact that this is a busy property with plenty of guests, so you will see a lot a people for breakfast. It is from 6:30 to 10. The food is good (not cold cereal and toast) and hot. Massive dining area called the Grand Lanai. The staff are on the job and all the tables are cleared fairly quickly when someone walks away.
The room itself was great. We had a two room suite, and it was spotless and quite. Hawaii is notorious for having paper thin walls in any of the Honolulu rooms. Our room did not seem to follow this claim. However, we did have a room at the end of the hall, and the master bedroom was basically in the corner. I have no idea if the second bedroom heard anything from the other room next to it. Our room was on the same floor as the Grand Lanai, and actually right beside the entrance to it. But we never heard anyone of the hundreds of people going to breakfast each morning.
The pool (on the Grand Lanai) was nice, but you should always remember that any family hotel will have tons of kids in the pool, no matter where you go.This was no exception. The rest of the pool area of the Lanai had lots of sun bathing chairs / seating.
Also on the Grand Lanai was a bar (the Pakini Bar), and a Massage service. I used both. Both were excellent. The massage was given by a very talented woman who has been licensed for 15 years, but practicing ./ studying since she was 4. The style was Lomi Lomi, which I have had a hybrid of before, and enjoyed here. The bartender was also attentive, but also left you alone to stay on top of his other work. After a few Long Island's you don't care much anyways. It is an open air bar (as is true of many places in Honolulu) but not many people. Most of the customers are parents sitting around the pool watching the kids splash and play.
The house keeping staff was very courteous and would stay away if you were in the room at the time they came by. They would always come back later, and you always had a clean room before 3.
Check out was a breeze (as is with all Embassy Suites I have ever been to), and we were on our way after the bell staff picked up our baggage (one more then we arrived with :-) ) and the valet had our car brought around.
Was it worth it? Yes. Are there cheaper places to stay? Yes. (We could see them all from the the room's own private Lanai.) Is it on the beach? No. The beach is just a block away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk is an all-suite hotel featuring 1 and 2-bedroom suites with private bedroom(s), separate living room, and kitchenette. All of our guests enjoy complimentary full Made-to-Oder Breakfast daily, nightly Evening Poolside Reception, Wi-Fi, and more, and No Resort Fees. The hotel is located steps to Waikiki Beach and in the heart of Waikiki Beach Walk, Waikiki's newest shopping, dining, and entertainment district. In addition to the extra space, added value, and great location that makes our hotel so unique, it is the genuine Hawaiian hospitality of our staff that we are most proud of. Come experience the Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk Hotel Honolulu
- Embassy Suites Honolulu
- Honolulu Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites Oahu
- Embassy Suites By Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk Hawaii/Honolulu