Our family (my wife & I and our two sons ages 4 & 6) travel regularly (and we seem to get to Hawaii every year). Each time we have visited Oahu, we have stayed in a different place (both independent and chain hotels as well as private vacation rentals).
This Embassy Suites is like most of its counterparts throughout the chain in that it offers a clean, efficient hotel suite comprising a living area with a pullout couch, sink with bar fridge area and a separate bedroom. Also, like the rest of the members of this chain, this Embassy Suites offers a full breakfast with a cook to order omelette station.
- Very convenient location on the Waikiki Beachwalk area with a wide range of restaurants and other tourist amenities
- Exceptional free breakfast! Omelette station offers a wide range of fillings: cheese, sausage, bacon, ham, fresh chopped tomato, green pepper, onion, jalapeno peppers and even lomi-lomi salmon (which I found to be overly salty). Other menu items include a range of breads, pastries, bagels, English muffins and pastries/muffins, packaged cereals/oatmeal, a few Japanese friendly choices (Miso soup, rice with seaweed and basic Japanese pickles & condiments), juices, coffee (somewhat watery and of mediocre quality) and tea (basic selection). Although some of the menu items vary (pancakes one day, french toast the next and biscuits & gravy the day after), the core menu items are consistent. For us, with two kids in tow, the breakfast is convenient and probably saves us $50-$60 daily (compared with an equivalent hot breakfast with tax and tip elsewhere).
- Clean and efficient
- Decent kids swimming pool (no real deep end so not suitable as a lap pool for adults)
- Not on the beach and minimal views to speak of (at least from our room).
- No Wifi in the room (only single plug-in internet in the living area). Lobby wifi does not offer a wide range and tends to be spotty
- Generic Embassy Suites interior design (slightly tropical, but nothing to write home about -- at least no major negative surprises)
- Efficient room size, but no sense of expansive space (perhaps we have been spoiled buy some exceptional hotel rooms and vacation rentals in the past).
- Minor mistake upon check in (we had confirmed a large king sized bed for my wife and I but the first room we were provided only had a double in the bedroom; the timing for the mistake was poor because we had arrived late at night and it was the equivalent of 2 am in our home city so the last thing we wanted to deal with was a delay in getting our kids to bed; we ended up in the right type of room, but on the second floor of the hotel which resulted in some street noise entering our room).
All in all, if you want a hotel close to the heart of Waikiki and are travelling with kids, the Embassy Suites is a reasonable choice (and better than average value if you want to have a hot breakfast daily and are travelling with kids in tow) as long as you are aware of the property's limitations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk is an all-suite hotel featuring 1 and 2-bedroom suites with private bedroom(s), separate living room, and kitchenette. All of our guests enjoy complimentary full Made-to-Oder Breakfast daily, nightly Evening Poolside Reception, Wi-Fi, and more, and No Resort Fees. The hotel is located steps to Waikiki Beach and in the heart of Waikiki Beach Walk, Waikiki's newest shopping, dining, and entertainment district. In addition to the extra space, added value, and great location that makes our hotel so unique, it is the genuine Hawaiian hospitality of our staff that we are most proud of. Come experience the Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and TripOnline SA so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk Hotel Honolulu
- Embassy Suites Honolulu
- Honolulu Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites Oahu
- Embassy Suites By Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk Hawaii/Honolulu