The title of my review says it all :).
I have stayed at this hotel twice - each stay was six nights. Each stay was on an HHonors reward reservation. As an HHonors Gold, I have visited my fair share of Hilton family properties across the USA. Let me explain why I feel this is the best Embassy Suites you'll find:
- The service is top notch. Everyone, from the servers at breakfast, to the housekeeping staff, to the folks manning the evening reception, were all extremely friendly. The spirit of aloha is truly alive here. Outrigger runs this hotel under the Embassy Suites brand - so unlike the majority of Hilton properties they actually take customer service seriously :).
- The rooms themselves are excellent. I was comped an upgrade to a larger room on my most recent visit this past September after I submitted a request. The 2BR/2 bath suites are spacious and our suite was the perfect size for everyone traveling along - including 3 patio doors opening up to 2 different lanais!
- The morning breakfast and evening manager's reception were both excellent (and as mentioned above, the staff manning these events was exceptional). I guess if I had to find something to "complain" about, it'd be that I wish there would be hot food at the evening reception. But honestly, I was fine with the chips, goldfish, and pretzels to accompany my complimentary mai tai's and blue hawaiians! The breakfast is vastly superior to most Embassy Suties breakfasts you'll find, and blows away the standard Hampton breakfast. You'll find a rotating starch (pancakes, french toast, etc) in addition to the standard eggs, pineapple & other assorted fruit, sausage, bacon, omelettes, and full compliment of pastries and cereal. POG juice is available as well.
- Everything is very well maintained - saw several people painting railings and they had contractors replacing the carpet in the common areas of each floor. Granted, the hotel is relatively new (2007), but it's good to know that they are serious about upkeep.
- The location is right in the heart of Waikiki. Other than maybe the main Outrigger hotel, or the Sheraton, you will not find a better location. The mall is right across Lewers St, allowing you to gawk at the people dropping thousands of dollars on coach bags and rolex watches. Tons of dining options within walking distance... though the best restaurant on Waikiki (IMO), Roy's, is located in the Beachwalk complex right next to the Hula Tower's elevators. And since you are in Waikiki, you will see at least 3 different ABC stores from any exit to the hotel!
- My only real complaint is the parking, which is $30/day, valet only. Expensive, even for Waikiki standards. The upside is that rentals at HNL are dirt cheap ($8/day on hotwire for mine), so the overall price isn't obscene. And yeah, you will want a car, because any trip to Oahu isn't complete without at least a day or two visiting Kailua Beach Park or the north shore beaches!
To sum it up, you can't go wrong selecting this hotel for your vacation. I would not hesitate to give it my highest recommendation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk is an all-suite hotel featuring 1 and 2-bedroom suites with private bedroom(s), separate living room, and kitchenette. All of our guests enjoy complimentary full Made-to-Oder Breakfast daily, nightly Evening Poolside Reception, Wi-Fi, and more, and No Resort Fees. The hotel is located steps to Waikiki Beach and in the heart of Waikiki Beach Walk, Waikiki's newest shopping, dining, and entertainment district. In addition to the extra space, added value, and great location that makes our hotel so unique, it is the genuine Hawaiian hospitality of our staff that we are most proud of. Come experience the Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk Hotel Honolulu
- Embassy Suites Honolulu
- Honolulu Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites Oahu
- Embassy Suites By Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk Hawaii/Honolulu