20 people are viewing this hotel
Embassy Suites$365
Hotels.com$365
travelup.com$864
4,798 results
All reviews evening reception hula tower managers reception free drinks and snacks order omelettes yard house omelette station bedroom suite complimentary breakfast across the street live entertainment waikiki beach every morning the breakfast area fresh fruit living area shops and restaurants
Selected filters
Reviewed June 30, 2011

While this hotel is in a great location and the staff are excellent that is about all the good I can say. We were very disappointed with the room size. It is not a two bedroom apartment by Australian standards and we hated the "free" breakfast so much we only went once. The endless queuing and use of trays made me feel like I was in a cafeteria back in the 60s. The managers reception was once again a very long queue which we never joined. If you enjoy queuing and taking advantage of freebies then this is the hotel for you. If you are after a bit of class and room to move both in your room and in the pool, go elsewhere.

2  Thank TillyTravellers
bob_yeoman, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2011

Cheers to you and thank you for posting a review! Thank you too, for expressing your favor for our excellent staff and location! I agree that we are in walking distance to many great restaurants, shops and beaches and we are always so proud of our staff for consistently creating amazing guest experiences. I'm sorry that our many spacious suite configurations did not meet your expectations. Among many other popular amenities, our complimentary breakfast with our excellent omelet chefs and fun Manager's Reception are the most highly rated. We thank you for your patience while in queue. With the many values we offer, we hope it was worth the wait. We welcome you back to Embassy Suites Waikiki, where we may be given another opportunity to meet your expectations.
Aloha and Make it a Great Day!

Reviewed June 30, 2011

My family and I stayed for one week and I was pleasantly surprised for how great this place was. Originally we worked with AAA for a place to stay and they indicated that all hotels for our family would require two bedrooms since I had three young children. However since they are ages 11, 8 and 4, I had a hard time believing this and so I started calling hotels on my own and the Embassy Suites said that I could book a one bedroom that had two queen beds with a pull out sofa which would accomodate our needs and would immediately save $1,000-$1,500 vesus what the travel agent was telling us, so it became a no brainer to do the work myself and book the Embassy suites.

In comparing hotels to book with one bedroom sutes, I knowingly booked this hotel with the $30 per day parking rate because I knew that on a total cost basis it was still a better comparative rate with those with free parking. I believe that across the street there was a local car rental place so if you want you can probably rent a car when needed. But if you plan on staying only in the Waikiki beach walk area, then you don't need a car and the main areas of shopping and the beach are all within walkable distance or you can easily take a cab or trolley. We were able to get a room on the 11th floor with an ocean view and it looks like each room has a balcony, which my children enjoyed eating snacks on while relaxing. The internet is free if you bring a computer as we did, but nonetheless they have a business center with internet access which is open 24 hours a day, and printing capabilities that is included for guests so this is terrific for those that don't want to carry a computer. The exercise room has several machines and free weights so anybody can get a good work out in this facility, and the laundry room is a great added convenience. Since we were there for one week, when we used it on Friday is wasn't a problem getting a washing machine but it was more busier during the week. The only downside that I saw was that the sleeper sofa isn't as comfortable as a bed, but with the three children I have slept in many sofa sleepers on vacations and it is no worse than most.

The housekeeping was excellent as they cleaned out room well and provided us with plenty of towels. The breakfasts are a great time saver and added value, and the they try to vary the menu somewhat between pancakes, french toast, biscuits and gravy, etc. each day in addition to the standard eggs, bacon, sausage, fruits,etc. that they have every day too. In addition, for the daily evening reception the snacks are just items like goldfish, chips and crackers, and it is always since to get drinks for only a tip, but on a few nights during the week they provided musical entertainment during the reception and the folks that we watched were quite entertaining.

Plus the service of the folks we met at the front desk, employees in the eating areas and walking through the halls were all very friendly and helpful. Overall I have stayed at many hotels during my life which has included some quite fancy ones, but for family value this has been the best place that we have stayed at and the Embassy Suites in Waikiki deserves a great rating, and so whenever we go back to Waikiki this will be the place that we will want to stay at.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank Persimmon51

Aloha and mahalo for your 'fantastic' review! Thank you more for taking the time to share your sincere aloha about Embassy Suites Waikiki. It is special guests like you that lifts our hearts to want to (NOT have to) - deliver an unforgettable guest experience. You touched on all the wonderful amenities we offer, such as business and fitness centers, laundry room accessibility, delicious complimentary breakfast; an entertaining Manager's Reception not to mention the exemplary service of our staff. Thank you so much! We welcome you back to give us the opportunity once again to honor you and your family as part of our Embassy `ohana....to welcome you 'home'.
Thank you for allowing us to make a difference!
Aloha

Reviewed June 29, 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights with extended family and we were all extremely satisfied. The breakfast is excellent with many choices, including a cooked-to-order omelet guy who will also happily cook eggs in any style if you don't want the omelet. For the size of the hotel, we never had to wait long for the breakfast line or happy hour line in the evening. I was happy that the bartenders poured a true drink and did not try to skimp on the alcohol. Everyone at the hotel had a smile on their face and were happy to serve. We opted to not have our room cleaned each day and the maid was still happy to give us extra towels or anything else we needed. As for our room, we had a 1-bedroom suite with a huge balcony that was nice to use in the evening while enjoying a drink and the views. We also took advantage of the fridge and were happy to see that it actually kept our drinks cold! We've been to many hotels where they don't work, so having one that works is always positive. The pool and hot tub were also very nice. Location is wonderful - short walk to a few beaches and many restaurants and shops. No matter what side of the hotel you are on, there is likely an ABC Store within 30 yards. If I had to pick something negative, I guess I could say that the elevators were often extremely slow, but it's hardly anything that would ruin your experience.
I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it to anyone.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank bozo700
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Beautiful pool and welcoming staff. We were served juice upon arrival which hit the spot after an 11 hour flight. The ammenities continued throughout our stay. The gym was had plenty of equipment and free weights. The staff was helpful and always smiling. housekeeping worked really hard. A bit of a walk to the better beaches.

3  Thank lavashot1
bob_yeoman, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2011

Aloha! I must say that just the title of your review posting made me smile from ear to ear! Thank you so much. I assure you that I will share your kind and encouraging comments with our family here at Embassy Suites Waikiki. Being an exemplary host comes natural here at Embassy Suites Waikiki, thank you for appreciating the delicious and quenching juice offered upon arrival, moreso taking the time to recognize our smiles and hard work to create an unforgettable guest experience. We look forward to your next visit to give us the opportunity once again to welcome and entertain you with warmth and generosity......or aloha.
Make it a great day!

Reviewed June 24, 2011

We only stayed at the Embassy Suites because we had gift certficates. I was initially not excited by the thought of staying at a place that I thought was "family friendly" (i.e. nothing but kids running around). The hotel more than exceeded our expectations. The rooms are very sizeable and have all the amentities one could need (coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator, deck, pull out sofa bed). The service was impeccable - everyone was very helpful and friendly. The location is terrific - a 2 minute walk to the beach and a 2 minute walk to the shops. And finally, my favorite features - the free breakfast buffet had lots of selection as did the free happy hour every night! We would definitely stay at this hotel again - it is well worth the money!

Room tip: Stay in the Aloha tower away from the noise!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank nelsoli
bob_yeoman, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2011

Aloha! Thank you so much for posting a review regarding Embassy Suites Waikiki. It makes us smile knowing that your experience with us was positive. We are proud that we can showcase a resort that can provide an optimistic balance for both our vacationing guests with and without families. Embassy Waikiki is spacious, gracious and delicious. Mahalo for your kind comments. We appreciate you!
Aloha & Mahalo