“The name says it all, "Balanced Bliss"” 5 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Balanced Bliss Yoga
Ranked #28 of 106 Spas & Wellness in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer Beach Yoga with an amazing view and Paddleboard Yoga. Both are an experience not to be missed in Hawaii. Yoga classes are available for all levels and abilities. Beginners welcome. If you've never been on a Paddleboard before and/or have never tried yoga before, no problem! Meet us near the lagoon next to the Duke statue for Beach Yoga or Paddleboard Yoga. Visit our website for details
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The name says it all, "Balanced Bliss"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

I have been practicing yoga for over 25 years, from traditional classes coming from the ancient indian traditions to the most flowy modern sequences. Something that one struggles to find, however, is teachers who are able to properly combine the best of both the ancient and the modern trends, and I found that Heather, the owner, is able to create this balance between the two which is so unique.

I have tried both her beach yoga and SUP yoga classes. She has a foundation of Sivananda yoga that she combines with great mastery into a Vinyasa sequence. The result is a deep practice that one could call both invigorating and restorative.

The beach yoga class is a little gem still to discover by many people, where you can start the day touching the still cool sand and listening to the waves breaking as if you could synchronize them with your breathing while flowing through the class. As much as some yoga teachers have great playlists and some studios have beautiful spaces they cannot compare with this beach scenario.

If the practice of asana and yoga is not new to you, I highly recommend trying both classes in a row: start the day with the beach class, which will be meditative and an intense warm up, and then play and challenge yourself trying a similar sequence on the paddleboard.

I travel to Oahu often and always visit Balanced Bliss. Have always practiced with Heather but some friends have tried some of her other teachers and they say they had a really inspiring time as well. If you live in Waikiki and don't go there regularly you are totally missing out.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Abel D

Honolulu, Hawaii
“Whole New Meaning to "Sun Salutations"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

I just tried "SUP" yoga for the first time and I'm so glad I did. Heather was the perfect teacher -- attentive, fun, encouraging. If you practice yoga, or you just want to try something new and different while you're visiting Honolulu, I highly recommend! The water was super mellow, but definitely brought a whole new element to the practice to be on a paddleboard. I especially loved how we got to try any pose we wanted at the end of class (head stand was a challenge for me!) and the final relaxation pose was incredible on the water! Don't be afraid to get wet : )

Visited March 2014
Canberra, Australia
“SUP Yoga - I couldn't stop smiling!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I did a paddle board yoga class a couple of days ago and it was such a fun and relaxing experience! The teacher, Heather, gave great instructions and tailored the class to suit my level of experience. I got some pretty unique views of Waikiki from between my legs in downward dog, and saw an upside down Diamond Head Crater in wheel pose! The gentle ocean sounds added another dimension to savasana, as I felt really connected with nature and the flow of life. A great experience.

Visited March 2014
switzerland
“go do it! SUP-Yoga, great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

Such a great idea to combine yoga and balancing on a surfboard! It gets you right were you are supposed to be- the present moment. Your thoughts wander off, your balance is gone.. and splashhhh.. Gets you right back to the here and now again.

Being out there in the water on the board early in the morning always is the greatest connection to nature, the creation and happiness to me. Combining it with yoga was a new experience that helped me focus even more on this connection.

The yoga instructor knew what she was doing and adapted the lesson perfectly to my level, which definitely encouraged me! No need to be a surfer or have lots of yoga experience, just go and enjoy! I highly recommend Balanced Bliss yoga!
I will definitely come back and do some more SUP- yoga with her!

Mahalooooz

Visited January 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“An amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

Being on a SUP board in Waikiki has to be one of the best places to SUP! Great for beginner and advanced yogis, even the simplest pose is hard when you take it out to the water! I thoroughly enjoyed my class. Being in a yoga "studio" that has the sound of the waves beneath you for music, the sun as your light and water as your ground is something that everyone should and needs to experience. The teacher was great, very supportive - even when we fell in! Would recommend this to anyone who is traveling to Waikiki and looking for a great way to get in a yoga practice!

Visited December 2013