Hotel Renew
Ranked #19 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed June 22, 2010

Excellent, there are certainly higher class hotel, but for this value, this is a good place to live. LCD inside with good clean room to live. Modern design with Hugh bed to live. Fully air condition with excellent location. Steps to the beaches! highly highly recommend!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hawian
Write a ReviewReviews (2,301)

Reviewed June 15, 2010

A beautiful hotel nicely located at the quiet end of Waikiki beach, but still close to all the hot spots. Near the Kapiolani park for morning jogs and Diamond Head Crater for a nice hike. The beautiful east and north coast are easily accessible by car. We stayed at Renew and did day trips to east coast destinations like Sandy beach, Koko Crater and Hanauma beach and park. North coast spots like sunset and waimea beach, along with shrimp trucks and sleepy towns are also very accessible from Renew’s location. Take the spectacular drive on Rt 83 up the east coast and around the north coast. Fantastic breakfast and a nice lobby, with a great staff.

Reviewed June 15, 2010

One thing that stands out above all else for this boutique hotel is the service. The staff were always happy to go out of there way to make us feel comfortable and with a minimum of fuss, the best service we've received at a hotel so far.

Since Hotel Renew is rather new (at least it seems that way) all amenities and furniture are new and with modern styling (which I like). Rooms have large LCD TVs, comfy chairs and beds. The only criticisms I could make are that the toilet appears to be an afterthought in the bathrooms, as there is not much room around it; and that the air conditioning was rather smelly (but you get used to it after awhile).

The hotel is described as a boutique hotel - it isn't as large as many of its competitors and consequently doesn't have things like a pool or gym on-site, however it does have a lot of other services on offer you'd expect from a quality hotel (e.g. a laundry service). They also provide complimentary Continental Breakfasts in the morning in their lounge (not to mention cocktails in the evening). A big plus for me (as I'm a geek) is that they have complimentary wi-fi (you'll find a lot of stuff in this hotel is complimentary - which is great when you don't want to worry about extra expenses). They can also arrange hire car for you at a discounted rate.

The hotel is situated in Eastern Waikiki so it's about 15-20 minutes walk to Waikiki centre but it's only a minute's walk from the beach and nearby the Honolulu Zoo and Waikiki Aquarium. You also can catch the tourist trolleys at the nearby hotel, not to mention coach tours as well.

What I liked best about this hotel is the special effort they put into accommodating honeymooners (which includes a 20% discount to the room rate) - I suppose the only thing I could fault is that the hotel maybe expensive if you don't get a special rate but there are so many packages to choose from (which often come with free stuff), you probably won't mind after experiencing the excellent service!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2010

My wife and I arrived at the Hotel Renew on May 31, 2010 (Memorial Day) for 10 nights. We were very tired from the long trip. The staff at the hotel made us feel very welcome. We enjoyed the pineapple juice at check-in. The room was very nice and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable and I got a good night's sleep every night. Everything about our room was nice and it was very clean. The cleaning staff did a great job in cleaning the room everyday. I saw different staff behind the desk during our stay and they were all so friendly and they made us feel like we were at home. Several times the staff at the desk spoke to me by my name when I walked thru the lobby. I was very impressed with the personal touch. I would like to say a special thank you to Paul. He and other staff at the Hotel went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. My wife and I plan on returning to the Hotel Renew as soon as we can.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2010

The ONLY thing bad about this hotel is that the windows were a bit thin and let in some noise. Overall, it is a fantastic hotel that my wife and I would stay at again in a second. We really liked the trendy décor including the fountain in the lobby. The staff was helpful, cordial, and professional. The rooms were clean and tidy. My wife and I especially appreciated the complimentary Internet access in the room and the continental breakfast (which had many delicious options). The location was close to the bus line and Waikiki Beach.

2  Thank kuehnd96
Reviewed June 11, 2010

We stayed for a little under a week at this hotel. It was our first hotel on our Hawaiian vacation and I hate to say it but I really wanted to stay there for the entire trip! We moved on to Maui and the Big Island which was amazing but our stay at Hotel Renew was by far the best. Loved the decor and the bed was amazingly comfortable. Great breakfast in the morning and the staff was super helpful and friendly. We paid the little bit extra for an ocean view and it was worth it in my view. Because it's not exactly on the beach we did overlook onto the Tiki's bar of the hotel beside us. We could hear some of their entertainment but not during the times when we were sleeping.

I would go back to this hotel in a heartbeat.

Reviewed June 10, 2010

We stayed at Hotel Renew for a few nights on our way back home from Kauai. After our peaceful stay on the quiet island, Honolulu was a real shock. The minute we walked into Hotel Renew however, we felt the serenity and tranquility we were missing. The decor is very cool, lots of green/eco-friendly features, and when we finally did feel like getting out in the hustle and bustle of Waikiki, we were, unbelievably, right in the middle of it once we walked out of the Hotel. The hotel is 1 block from the beach and a variety of shops, restaurants, street performers, etc. Everybody at the hotel was sweet and helpful. And to top it off, a nice breakfast is included. Thanks for a great stay Hotel Renew!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends