“feel renewed”
Review of Hotel Renew

Hotel Renew
Ranked #19 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed January 5, 2009

My husband and I have just returned from a 7 night stay at Renew Hotel.We arrived in the middle of a power blackout and were really impressed with the friendliness and professionalism of the front desk staff.
The decor of the rooms and the comfortable beds were a definite plus.The daily complimentary breakfast was much appreciated.We are grateful to tripadvisor contributors for highlighting this great hotel.

1  Thank Enjoy123
plouie, Hotel Manager at Hotel Renew, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2009

Dear Enjoy123,

Thank you for your feedback as we do take into account your valuable review in order to improve and exceed guest expectations. It was unfortunate that we had an island-wide blackout the day after Christmas. However I am overjoyed to hear that you felt our staff did their very best to attend to each and every guest during that crisis. We always want our guests to feel comfortable and welcome during their entire stay. Thanks again for the review and we hope to see you again at Hotel Renew.

With Warmest Aloha,

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,301)

Reviewed January 4, 2009

Staff is very friendly, and did all they could to accommodate us. Location is perfect, close to the beach & food. I really like how you can borrow their beach equipment for free.

Has no restaurant (except free breakfast), which I liked because it forced us to get out and eat. All the trolleys stop right next to it, which our 2.5 year-old like to ride on 24/7.

If you don’t like those huge-under-managed hotel chains, stay here…

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2008

Our honeymoon was unforgettable! Hotel Renew made us feel like preferred customers. Our flight got in at 9 at night. When we got to the hotel our room was ready, Robert greeted us with drinks and towels. Everything was perfect and we couldn't have asked for anything more.

Also, the pictures that have been posted of the hotel (in Expedia or TripAdvisor), that is exactly how the rooms are, which I loved. The bed was very comfortable.

A big thanks to Robert and his staff for making our honeymoon absolutely exceptional!

Reviewed December 29, 2008

For my 7th return trip to Oahu as well as my honeymoon my husband and I both enjoyed our trip and our stay at Renew. I don't recall which site we booked on, but we found an excellent rate, not to mention the rates at the renew site are amazing. I feel a hotel like this at the classy level it is at is smart smart smart for not costing as much as a particular counterpart located over by diamond head whose name starts with a simple letter of the alphabet (hint hint W..xyz). Anyhow, the staff were extremely courtious, most are on the islands but they really are above and beyond and they seem to have FUN at work. Imagine that? Service was great not to mention free light breakfast and yummmmmy juice! Hot towels and juice on arrival? No way! As an interior designer, I had no complaints about the design. Especially since it's a retrofitted building, it just worked out amazingly. Just wonderful. The only issue is it's a bit of a stroll down the strip to get to things I enjoy, but who cares?! I will return to stay here. Like I have said in other reviews for this hotel on other sites...I would live and work in this hotel if I could. I've seriously never felt this way about a hotel! Must go! I hope to book and return for the first week in sept. 09! See you there!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
plouie, Hotel Manager at Hotel Renew, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2009

Happy New Year, missiechick!

Thank you for your review. Though it only has been a year since Hotel Renew has been established, we have worked extremely hard to become a well-renown boutique hotel in Waikiki. The complimentary amenities we offer are rare, the service we provide is unmatched and the décor is a designer exclusive. Please give us a call when you are back to Oahu!

Best Wishes for 2009,

Reviewed December 29, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Renew for four nights earlier in December. We were lucky enough to get one of the rooms that had a balcony. The balcony was a wonderful treat to sit out and have breakfast in the morning or watch the sunset over Waikiki beach.

The room itself is small. Since we had planned a 10 day trip to the Hawaiian Islands, we had lots of stuff making the room seem even smaller. But we didn’t spend a lot of time in the room in the first place. It was a quiet hotel which is important to me since I’m a light sleeper. And yes, the air conditioning units do make noise but we didn’t mind that at all since it drowned out any street noise. The hotel is convenient to the beach (1 block away) and you can walk to anything you can ever want or need. The staff was friendly and willing to help whenever we needed it.

The hotel included a continental breakfast that was a great way to start the day. Our only disappointment was that breakfast started at 7 AM, no earlier. So the last day we were there, we were getting picked up right at 7 AM and none of the food was out even at 7 AM.. It would have been a nice treat to be able to grab something on our way out.

Overall, we were very glad we had stayed at this hotel while we were on Oahu. Sure, there are other big resort high rise type hotels but this was so much more personal it made it a treat. If we were to go back to Oahu, we would stay here again, no doubt.

Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed December 28, 2008

We stayed at Hotel Renew for four nights, December 22 - 26, 2008. Our overall experience was excellent, and I would highly recommend this hotel property, with one caution that I will address later in this review.

The hotel is small --- 83 rooms --- and does not have a restaurant. However, there is a lovely lounge just off the chic lobby where a hearty Continental style breakfast is served every morning (included in room rate). The breakfast includes fresh island fruits, juices, coffee/tea, pastries, yogurt, and hard boiled eggs. Just enough to start the day!

The decor of the hotel's public spaces and rooms is modern and sleek, featuring dark woods, light-colored walls, tile and marble bathrooms, and adjustable mood lighting. Room window are large and can be opened for fresh air, and 25% of the rooms have private balconies featuring a small table and two chairs. The hotel is spotlessly clean.

The hotel's location could not be more perfect if you don't need to stay directly on the beach. It is one short block from Kuhio Beach to the West and a short block from Kapiolani Park and the Honolulu Zoo to the South. Because all beaches in Hawaii are public, it is no problem to use the Kuhio Beach or the Queen's Beach (just two blocks from the hotel to the South). Both beaches offer restroom facilities.

The hotel staff is among the best to be found in Hawaii. Everyone we encountered during our four day stay was attentive, friendly, welcoming, and extremely professional. From the front desk staff to the bellmen to the housekeepers --- we felt like we were among Ohana (Hawaiian for "family").

The only drawback about the hotel is that the rooms located on the South side of the buidling facing Diamond Head are subject to some pretty terrible noise. The South side of the hotel faces the delivery entrance of the Resort Quest Hotel next door, and during most daylight hours there are trucks making deliveries. Of course, if you plan to be at the beach or out touring all day, then the noise is not a problem. However, if you plan to take an afternoon nap, bring ear plugs.

That said, Hotel Renew is a lovely addition to Waikiki Beach. If you are looking for a smaller intimate hotel with excellent quality bedding and furniture and a warm, welcoming staff, this is the place for you.

1  Thank MarkRatay

Happy New Year, MarkRatay!

Thank you for your lovely review of our property. Hotel Renew, with only 72 gorgeous rooms, provides comfort and peace of mind to all of our guests. Personalized service is our top priority and we will welcome you with open arms once you step onto our property. Our guests truly consider us to be their home away from home! Should you decide to come back, please let us know and our friendly guest service agents would be happy to assist you with a reservation.

Best Wishes for the new year,

Reviewed December 27, 2008

One night stay, before flying home, after a week on the north shore.

We enjoyed the Renew's styling, comfort, and hospitality. The room was small, but the bed was very comfortable, the lighting was great, and there was a flat screen TV.

The bellman was very helpful, as was the front desk staff. My wife and I also met a corporate representative from the hotel, who was very cordial, and if I can find his card I'll contact him about this as well.

The only down fall for us was the delivery trucks servicing the hotel behind us at 6:00 am. Slamming lift-gates, idling trucks, shouting.

We'll will stay here again only if we can get a room on the front side of the hotel.

Face it, Waikiki is noisy. tour busses, night clubs and rowdy people are common, so at night I expect it to be loud. But at 6:00 am, people servicing the hotel industry there don't put fourth the effort to consider the hotel visitors, as they unload dairy products, or pick up trash.

Perhaps the chamber of commerce, or the individual hotels could approach them about the problem. Quiet zones, or stationing a hotel rep by the loading areas to assist and encourage the people servicing the tourism industry to be courteous.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple