“Best Hotel Experience in Honolulu!”
Review of Hotel Renew

Hotel Renew
Ranked #16 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Ventura, California, United States
“Best Hotel Experience in Honolulu!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I just finished my third trip to Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii, staying at Hotel Renew. I read the reviews on this hotel, and my husband and I decided to give it a try. This hotel was awesome the first time we stayed for our honeymoon, greeting us with freshly squeezed pineapple juice and ice cold towels, and friendly smiles. Waiting for us in our room was a bottle of champagne with chocolate covered strawberries, with a hand written personal note thanking us for our business. The rooms are very modern, comfortable, and the view in almost all the rooms is ocean. There isn't tons of people everywhere because it's a small boutique hotel, and everyone staying there seems to be open and friendly, just like the staff.

You can rent for free bogie/surf boards, beach mats/chairs, towels, all for FREE! It's a miracle! Not to mention you're steps away from Waikiki Beach.

The second time my husband and I stayed there, it was the same experience, just fabulous!

The third time was the same experience, with appetizers sent to our room with a handwritten note, thanking us for our business again. This past time we stayed there we decided to go to happy hour. It has simple but delicious appetizers, and fabulous affordable drinks. Beers are $4 and cocktails are $6, which are fantastic prices for the area. Let me just say that the bartender, Jacqueline, made the BEST margarita I've ever had! This is coming from someone who makes handmade margaritas (I refuse to buy the mixes). It tasted super fresh and it wasn't weak, it had lots of tequila in it!

Hotel Renew is a fantastic experience overall. They treat you like a celebrity, and have the ultimate customer service. You don't feel like just another tourist visiting Waikiki, but you feel valued and taken care of. I'll never stay anywhere else! My husband and I even stay here then travel all over Oahu because we want the Hotel Renew experience every time. Best hotel in Waikiki, hands down.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
11 Thank Ramey M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Antonio
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I had a great holiday stay in Waikiki, mainly thanks to the staff at the hotel. Everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful. Keiki at the breakfast bar was very pleasant, Marjorie and Mhey were also very friendly and kept the room pristine throughout my stay. Kris made some great recommendations throughout the course of my stay that made for some memorable moments I would have otherwise missed out on. Also special thanks to Kai, Mike, Paula, Grace and Dave, all of you were great and made it a special stay. I will definitely return on my next trip to the islands. Aloha!

5 Thank noidboid
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I thought this hotel was pleasant and the staff was very friendly. When we came to the hotel the staff gave us pineapple juice and fresh hand towels which was sure a hit.The beds were very comfortable and showers were nice and hot.This hotel is close to Wakiki beach and the staff gave us boggey boards and beach chairs when we were going to the beach. The only draw back was the continental breakfast which didn't have regular milk they had soy milk and the food was pure junk like Danish pastries and muffins no eggs or fresh fruit .Apart from breakfast, I highly suggest this hotel.

5 Thank Abhay T
Florida
Reviewed January 1, 2013

close to some of the more expensive hotels on waikiki beach,easy access to beach from hotel,also provide free beach chairs and boogy boards.
service,staff friendly and helpful.
no options for self parking.
limited breakfast was tea/coffee/juice muffins/pastries.
temp regulation rooms required service.

Room Tip: make early reservations ,rates high in hotels near waikiki beach.
4 Thank rav t
Jackson
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I can't say enough positive things about Hotel Renew and the wonderful staff. Thanks to all of you for making our stay so pleasant. Thanks to Angie, Adam, Nohea, Kris, Paul and Daniel. Also, Nikki and Paulino at the breakfast bar and Jackie the bartender. You are a very thoughtful group of people.The hotel is serene and peaceful and a great place for families or business. Hope to see all of you again soon. God bless all of you in the New Year!
Laurie and family

5 Thank Laurie W
Mililani
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Nice, quaint hotel with nice staff and convenient but quiet location. Two fantastic bartenders (Jacky and Jacky) and a great pet-friendly place (we took our dog on this stay-cation with us). Definitely will be back and would like to make this an annual vacation place for us.

4 Thank Sandra H
London
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The hotel rooms were quite small and dark but overall it was a convenient hotel, good location right near the beach and bars/restaurants etc. The continental breakfast was also nice and convenient and the hotel loaned us beach chairs, towels, boogie boards etc. which was good. The valley parking is expensive though - $20 per night. Overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple