Hotel Renew
Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
$199
$239
$219
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
$199
Hyatt.com
2,326 results
All reviewspineapple juicecontinental breakfastboutique hotellighting systemwaikiki beachbeach matssmall hotelbottle of champagneour honeymoonhalf blockgreat boutiquethe breakfast areaocean viewvalet parkingabc storeamenity feediamond head
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed for four nights on business in Waikiki and for that it was perfect. Clean, modern room, nicely equipped bathroom, comfy bed, free wifi. The front desk was super helpful from the first call I made to reservations until the day I checked out. Breakfast is free: coffee, tea, juice, fresh pastries. I was on California time so I was up a bit early and they happily got me hot water while they were setting up. I only got to the beach once, but they eagerly provided me with towels and a beach mat. They also had boogie boards. Housekeeping was super efficient and friendly, never bothering me when the Do Not Disturb sign was up, which is VERY important on a business trip when I'm trying to catch a nap before evening meetings/functions. If you're looking for a resort-type hotel, this isn't it for you...there's no room service, no restaurant or pool and it is a half a block walk to the beach. But I was glad to trade that for the lovely room, friendly service and NO moldy smell, which is prevalent in even some of the bigger resort hotels. I also love that you can open the window to let in the warm, fragrant Hawaiian breezes. My only con? Paoakalani Street is on the Trolley route, so it gets quite noisy during the day if you're on the street side. Also, there are a couple of hotels on the corner, one that has a very loud karaoke bar, but that closes at 10pm. Although if you're on the street side, you get a view of the ocean. However, that's Waikiki for you, even at the Sheraton on the beach, the noise down at the bar and on the boardwalk floated up to our room, even on the 10th floor.
I'd stay here again if I had to come back to Waikiki!

Room Tip: As for a higher floor to get away from the noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank lilfoodiegirl
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Our two night stay at Hotel Renew was perfect. The hotel is clean and furnished with very modern accents. Our room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The continental breakfast was just enough for us. The location of the hotel is perfect for getting to all of Waikiki's attractions.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We just stayed at The Renew for 5 nights and enjoyed our stay. The location is close to the beach (although we preferred to chill out on the beach outside Duke's) however is a 10 minute walk to the heart of the main area of nice restaurants/shops which is where we would have preffered to stay (personal preference), although the walk is fine - good exercise.
"Continental breakfast" is included however it's not really a continential breakfast - all that was provided is coffee, orange juice and muffins - I was expecting cereal, toast and fruit as well, this was the biggest dissapointment as I then had to find somewhere to eat/pay for breakfast outside of the hotel each day.
The ocean view room was great (I would recommend paying the extra money for the view) - we were in room 906 which also had a balcony. The room was modern, had a comfortable bed, air con, mini fridge, big TV.
The house keeping lady Tina was always lovely.
The front desk staff were very friendly and always really really helpful when recommending places to eat, they also provided you with beach towels, chairs and mats which was complimentary. Once we were checked in to our room we were given a bottle of champagne and a lovely card for our 1 year wedding anniversary - sweet touch.
Happy Hour is from 5.30pm to 7.30pm - I had a nice cocktail for $6.
In summary I think The Renew is great value (minus the breakfast) and would recommend staying here.
Thanks Renew!

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor and definatly pay the extra to stay in a ocean view room!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lollidSydney
Reviewed October 25, 2012

From check in to check out, a wonderful experience. Stayed in 901 which had a double bed and a small lanai with a view of the ocean. What a gift! Breakfast was just enough in the morning. since I had a lanai and space at tables is at a premium. I took coffee, cereal, milk, yogurt and fruit to my lanai and dined like a queen overlooking the Pacific. The staff is marvelous and always have aloha spirit with a smile. Beach chairs and towels are provided at the front desk. The ABC store is right next to the hotel so if you want a liter of water or a cocktail, its easy. Several inexpensive great places to eat within walking distance. I will come back again and again as I lived in the islands a good portion of my life. Thank you Hotel Renew for renewing my aloha spirit.

Room Tip: Higher floors may have less noise, but hey...its Waikiki!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I spent 5 days there again in August. At the counter, I was greeted and welcomed back just like an old friend. A couple of minutes after I walked in my room, a knock on my door...
a staff with a bowl of fresh mixed fruits with a personal note welcoming me back. Very nice touch!!. The friendly staff are always very helpful in either asking for directions, recommending restaurants or look up something for you online. The free breakfast is served from 7 to 9:30 and can get crowded fast but you can take your food to your room.
My recommendations to first time visitors to this hotel:
If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room on a higher floor preferably facing Waikiki Beach since the hostel on Lemon can get noisy sometimes at night.
If you like your room real cold, this hotel may not suit you and the A/C will be running non stop.
FYI: The hallways on each floor have no A/C vents and can get real warm but I have no problem with that.
Don't rent a car if you just plan to stay around Waikiki. Most tour and public buses pick up passengers just a few yards in front of the hotel. If you want to rent, Hotel Renew provides valet parking but has very limited parking spaces and not cheap. If you must rent, rent a car for a day(get it early) and return it late the same day to avoid parking fee. I even know a car rental company that will pick up and drop you off.

I can't wait to go back and enjoy Oahu and Hotel Renew again and again.
One thing I hate to write a great reviews on Hotel Renew is that my chances of getting a room on specific days get slimmer as more people book when more favorable reviews are posted. :)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends