“Nothing great”

90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 149 helpful votes
“Nothing great”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Typical swap meet merchandise. Booth after booth basically selling the same items. While there are a lot of merchandise vendors, food and beverage vendors are limited.

• Korean first
Dillingham, Alaska
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Great shopping, not much eating”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

This is a great shopping experience for anyone in town, but especially tourists. We managed to shop for most of our friends and relatives in the few hours we were there. It is 1.00 admission and I would park anywhere. The fair raps are around the stadium, so you can start anywhere.

The only con that I can think of is that there is not much in the way of food available. You will have a few tents here and there that sell food, but no food stands themselves to be found.

34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Great bargains”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Great prices, we saved a good amount of ,oney buying our souvenirs here. However, it's a bit far away, and if you go by bus it can be a bit hideous. Didn't have time to walk all the market, but the part I walked I didn't find many places selling food

1 Thank Xabierferm
Mission, Canada
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Tourist Shopping all in one location”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Lots of stalls selling so many tourist items and some produce.
Prices here are better than any shops I had seen in Waikiki.
Admission is $1.00/per person, no fee for parking and there is lots of available parking.
Surprised to see so may locals shopping here, but always a good sign when you do :)
Wear comfortable walking shoes and bring a water bottle and enjoy.

Denver, Colorado
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“This is the Place to Go”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

If you like a good bargain, this is the place to go. I held off on buying things in Waikiki until I could go to the Swap Meet, and I'm so glad I did. I was impressed with most of the pricing. I know a lot of people complained about the heat and walking, but it's really not bad. I did this with my 1 & 4 year old, and did just fine. My 4 year old walked the whole thing with no problem.
I wouldn't expect much bartering, because it seems most vendors already have their merchandise priced as low as they're willing to go. I found some great deals though, and spent all of my money. FYI: There's an ATM where you walk in to the Swap Meet.

Visited February 2014