“Special Birthday dinner.”
Review of d.k Steak House

d.k Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
d.k Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 2,544 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Cross street: Ohua Avenue
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I selected this resturant from TA reviews. I was not disappointed. The service was excellent, staff were very pleasant and genuinely seemed to enjoy working here. I loved my scallops, steak and vegetables. My husband suggests his steak was in the top 3 of those he has eaten to date !Our spot on the terrace was perfect.There was even a Youth day parade to begin our night !If you want a great meal,ocation and service , you will find it here. Mahalo DK !

2  Thank gidget_8

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews on here we decided to have dinner at dks.

Our waitress Kristen was fantastic.

We shared the prawns in garlic sauce and I have to tell you, I kept the bowl the prawns came in to dip into the sauce all night.. So good. The home made butter was amazing.

We both had fillet Mignon and it was one of the best steaks we have had.

Could not fault DKs. Go there at least once. It's not cheap but very much worth it.

2  Thank Chris B
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We ended up at DK by chance, our original plans needed to change and this is where we ended up. We are so happy that we did. Our meal was very impressive and being a bit of a foodie that isn't easy.
I ordered the filet and crab cake and my husband ordered the NYstrip. My was excellent but a little under cooked. My H's was cooked perfectly and was one of the most delicious steaks I ever tasted. I do not know how they seasoned it, but I LOVED it. I asked for mine to be cooked a bit more(I ordered medium and it was rare.) The waiter apologized and quickly took it away.
The thing I thought was really nice is that the manager was at our table within 2 min. of sending it back. He offered me a soup or salad while I waited for my steak. It was incredible to see that kind of service, as it is so rare these days even though that is the kind of service that makes a business successful!
My steak came back cooked perfectly and I really enjoyed it.
2 thumbs up for DK and the service!

3  Thank sugarmag13
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I had read all the reviews, including Zagat and was looking forward to this dinner. I was fairly disappointed. I am used to eating in high end steakhouses, and this certainly was not that. I started with a wine list that was very limited. Only one Chardonnay was offered and it was not good. The caprese salad was excellent, as we're the lobster tails. The Mac and cheese sauce was thin, not creamy and had way too many breadcrumbs on top. My friend ordered filet mignon and it was not cooked as well as she had asked for. (After specifically asking the server how she should order it given her preference)
The service was good, however I felt he was rushing us along. We were there just over an hour while having salad, entrees and dessert. We spent $200.00 for 2 people, and had to pay $12.00 for valet parking (after we got our ticket validated!)
The venue was just OK , but had hard seats with no cushions. Overall, not worth the money, there were better options we discovered later.

3  Thank Laura A
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Had dinner there with my brother and father. Steak is over the top...very good but the portion size is too large 23oz. Stomach was stuffed for a day. All additons (garlic potatoes, yam fries , et al.) are a la carte but quite tastey.

2  Thank BigDogDeepCove

Been to d.k Steak House? Share your experiences!