“Great Breakfasts”
Review of goofy cafe & dine

goofy cafe & dine
Ranked #40 of 2,474 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 1, 2014

The food here is great and very reasonably priced. We had 2 breakfasts here. Lots of healthy options, some organic. The acai bowl is large enough for a complete breakfast and is very tasty. Had the green veggie juice both times, kind of grassy at first but it grew me, enough to order it again. There is no parking, but we found street parking the corner of Ena Rd and Hobron Ln, just a short walk away.

2  Thank TravelEatRepeat
Write a ReviewReviews (1,199)

Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

It's a bit difficult to find as it's small, not well marked, and upstairs but it's worth searching out as it's a gem of a restaurant. It's pricy but it's very good. I ordered the pork belly eggs Benedict and my only complaint is that my eggs were slightly overcooked. Even with that, I still give the food full marks because the flavors were just that good.

I saw kids in here while I was dining but I don't think the set up is good for young children as it's very close quarters and small inside. If you've got older kids I think it would be fine.

I'd like to go back before we leave and try another dish!

2  Thank LiMaMoJo
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I finally got to try this place for breakfast this past weekend. He ordered the kailua pig eggs benedict and I ordered the pork belly eggs benedict with iced coffee.
The food is all local/fresh and looks/tastes it. The servings are decent, and the food is good. I enjoyed my meal. I might be wrong, but my coffee didn't taste like it was cold brew...it still seemed to have that acidic bite to it, which is a bummer, because I do prefer my iced coffee to be cold brew, but it was still nice.

The staff was extremely friendly.

While they do have high chairs, it still didn't have the most family friendly vibe. They don't have a kids menu, and the adult portions are way too large for a kid. So while I'd love to go back, it's probably not going to happen.

I also heard them tell several patrons that they had run out of this this or that item....including me, actually, as my first choice had been the local vegetable eggs benedict.

And, as others have said, it's small and busy. We got there early and were seated immediately...but by the time we left there was a line, and that was on a tuesday. I can only imagine what a weekend must be like.

1  Thank Rita D
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Goofy's was recommended to us by the Hotel Concierge, it is a most interesting Hawaiian style eatery located above an ABC shop, where one must put one's name in a book outside, and await a table becoming available! A very limited but interesting menu in very basic surroundings (natural air-conditioning), but good food and service.

1  Thank Ian S
Reviewed May 22, 2014

The restaurant opened only last year. A small restaurant that's always packed! We had breakfast there and we got there early like 8am, so the seating was relatively easy. Staffs were very nice, food portion was right, tasted delicious, price is good, too. Loved the papaya juice! Be there earlier to avoid line up~

1  Thank WinnieC3