“Fabulous Alternative to Hilton Hawaiian Village Restaurants”
Review of goofy cafe & dine

goofy cafe & dine
Ranked #26 of 2,391 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Alameda, California
“Fabulous Alternative to Hilton Hawaiian Village Restaurants”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Just returned from a visit to Honolulu and North Shore. During our stay at Hilton Hawaiian Village we worked hard to find decent restaurants within walking distance of the village. We were so delighted to find this cafe almost around the corner from the Kalia Tower where we were staying.The atmosphere is so chaming and a great alternative to what HHV has to offer. You actually feel like you are miles from Honolulu. Had breakfast and then returned a few nights later for dinner. Yum! Loved breakfast (amazing french toast) and dinner was fabulous. Not a huge menu, but certainly enough choices. The garlic shrimp was great, and my husband had a pasta dish that he loved (interestingly enough, they have a lot of pasta dishes on the menu). Waiters (and waitress!) were all extremey helpful and seemed to be genuinely pleased that we were so happy with our meals. A great Honolulu find!

1 Thank AlamedaTravels

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Baton Rouge, La
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Interesting but good”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

After a long day of travel to Honolulu we happened upon Goofy Cafe. I had the Garlic Shrimp and my mom had the Ahi bowl. Both dishes were very good. Different from what we are used to eating but good. The atmosphere was very relaxed, almost like a surf themed coffee shop. This restaurant was just outside the Hilton Hawaiian Village and the prices were much better than restaurants inside the Village.

Honolulu
“Excellent Breakfast”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

East or Eva end of Waikiki right on Ala Moana, this tucked away place has a nice view of the bustling street life below. They serve breakfast all day and have beer wine and some bar selections. Its actually the great food that will keep me coming back, fresh, organic, local and delicious. Service was good too and I think the staff is bilingual for our Japanese tourists.

Sydney
“Best cafe in all Waikiki!!”
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Came for brekkie after reading reviews. Funky little cafe, easy to find on Ala Moana, just outside where we were staying at the Hilton Village.
Ordered the omelette and go my god! Delish! Everything tasted so wonderfully fresh and loved! Avocado was in there and a Portuguese sausage... Side of kale and a whole wheat muffin, I seriously don't think we have had anything that nice since we got here!
Only let down was coffee.. They only have the American pour over brew type... Please get an espresso machine and it will be perfect!!!
Also get a veggie juice!! Delish

Visited May 2014
Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy Local Fare”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

My husband and I dined at Goofy Café and Dine on 5/7/14 for dinner. We were staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Resort and wanted to go somewhere good that was within walking distance; we found Goofy via TripAdvisor :-).

The food was very tasty, and local/green to boot! My husband had the green spaghetti, and I had the Cobb salad with Kahuku shrimp. Both were delicious! I've recently switched to a mostly dairy-free and gluten-free diet, so this was perfect.

The service was average; we don't have any complaints, but we didn't experience anything spectacular either. The atmosphere was very nice - casual, low key and relaxing. Lots of surfing stuff for décor.

I thought Goofy Café and Dine was a great value. Both of our meals were $14 - I feel a fantastic price for locally grown fare (especially considering many items came from other Hawaiian islands).

I'd definitely recommend Goofy Café and Dine!