“Young child and good food”

The Cheesecake Factory
Ranked #7 of 108 Dessert in Honolulu
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

GO EARLY IF YOU DON'T WANT A LONG WAIT - we generally go at 5-530 and often straight in ( or late lunch after 2pm also ok) otherwise it can be 1 hour wait, but they give you a pager so you can shop while waiting nearby (didn't check range but its across road from international market place)

So good - best Lava flow and Georgia peach cocktails, so good I can't describe any further and so quick for service of these - worth trip to Hawaii just for this place
Food - large servings be warned if you want to make it to dessert you need to be stomach stretching fit.
Great with kids - we had our 2 yr old and they bring a bread and banana plate straight away which was awesome to settle the little fella, also he often wants a wander after he eats to check it all out and everyone so nice even for very busy restaurant.
Food is so good - we have been a lot of times and couldn't fault any dish - highlights are Ahi Poke, Pastas, Shrimp Scampi, Cheesecake of course - Red Velvet, White Choc/ Raspberry truffle mmm hungry and want to Go back again

Reviewed November 22, 2013

This was our first trip to Hawaii. We had lunch here on two separate days. We also tried to have dinner here one night but it was way too busy. The meals here a just absolutely great. All the portion sizes are huge. So a tip if you don't feel like a large lunch then go for the smaller lunch options. The staff here are all so friendly and obliging. I would highly recommend this place.
Another tip: if you are going to go there for dinner, then I would suggest that you either go and have an early dinner or a late dinner. This place is always busy but around dinner time it is extremely busy.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

The menu is huge and varied, so there is something for everyones taste. We visited 3 times during our holiday in Waikiki. The prices are reasonable and the food fresh and delicious. The queues are ridiculous so squeeze past them and check out the open seating in the bar areas for tables. 2 out of 3 times we got a table in the bar very quickly and were happy to order immediately from there. Its worth saving space for the cheesecakes as well as they are great. The air-conditioning can be very cold which was slightly uncomfortable but other than that... well worth several visits.

1  Thank cookiegirlnz
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

It started out great ! Wonderful waitress. She asked how I wanted my drink and if I wanted bread, I am working for the week in Honolulu so I eat by myself. Quite often when I am by myself Cheesecake Factory waiters don't want to bother with serving me the extras. So they had a shift change. The new waiter introduced herself and I never saw her again. A server brought my food. I had the salmon and skinny margarita which was very good. Then I just sit there waiting for waitress to come back-45 minutes! Then she came to clear table. So I handed her my card and asked to pay bill. She said. "Oh yes". I watched waiters around giving good service and she was waiting on tables around me. I was annoyed. I was never asked about desert or if I wanted another drink.

1  Thank ElmoSanDiego
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Chose the Cheesecake Factory as it was easy access from our hotel, but the queues were ridiculous with people waiting all over the footpath, we were told the wait was 50 minutes before we could be seated for dinner so chose to go elsewhere that night. We did however come back the next day for lunch and it was only a 10 minute wait. Food is ok for the price you pay and the service is pretty quick. There is a huge menu selection to choose from so it caters for everyone hence why it appeals to families in particular. No real chance of getting an outside seat unless you're prepared to wait and wait. Some great selections for cheesecake which we took to go and had in our room with a nice cup of coffee away from the noise and kids.