“Churn & Burn”

The Cheesecake Factory
Ranked #6 of 98 Dessert in Honolulu
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Sydney, Australia
“Churn & Burn”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Initially long wait times and queues created the impression that this was worth the . Food good but not great for lunch. Service was a little off putting. Initially we had to wait ages just to get drinks order. Food was tasty and value for money. What was wierd were the service faux pas during the meal. For example placing down menu for dessert when only one person at the table had finished eating say would you like dessert now. Cleaning up tables including condiments when we were still using them. Clearly service team focused on table churn without consideration of diners - but at 2.30pm on a Sunday?

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
“great variety of food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

my three friend and i went to the cheesecake factory more than once during our stay in hawaii. not once did we have a bad meal. the serving sizes are ridiculously large, big enough for two to share. during the day you can order lunch size meals which are still very large. during our many visits we tried pastas, pizzas, wraps, burgers and salads. By far the stand out for me was the chicken romano pasta. it was so tasty i had it more than once! i think the best part though, is the bread baskets they put out for you whilst waiting for your meals. they are to die for, especially the dark brown one. i also on one occasion bought a slice of cheesecake to take back to the hotel - i think it was the hersheys cookies and cream cheese cake. the slice was big enough for at least 2 people and very rich and yummy! i would recommend the cheesecake factory to everyone. make sure you either get there early or are happy to wait as there can sometimes be a wait of an hour or two.

*feb 2012

• Visited February 2013
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“share a piece”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Great place got very busy so go early they dont have bookings although Im not sure if this is only for tourist times..... Go early and save room for cake , meals good and large....

Visited June 2013
“A must do”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Love love love this resturant. Very child friendly food is amazing will be back. The burrito is to die for aswell as the pineapple cocktail for two

Kaneohe, HI
“Good Food, OUTSTANDING Server”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's one of the best meals I've EVER had in a restaurant, but it was really tasty and well prepared. It was quite a large portion, even though my soup and salad were considered small portions. I totally enjoyed my salad, the soup was pretty much exactly what I wanted, the drinks were well prepared and large, and everything was just as nice as it could be, and much more than I expected from what is, basically, a chain upscale coffee shop.

What made this experience one of the best I've had in a restaurant was our server, identified on our receipt as Joseph S. He was very friendly, knowledgable, helpful, and just about any other good adjective you could devise for a server. In fact, if all servers in restaurants were as good as he is, you wouldn't need shows like "Restaurant Stakeout" and "Mystery Diners," shows I really enjoy because they reveal the bad kinds of restaurant workers out there and what needs to be done to correct those situations. I really can't think of anyone better to be serving you in a restaurant. I wish I could take him with me into any restaurant situation, because I know he'd make it better.

HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION for this place (if you can get Joseph S as your server)