“Very cool hike thru the rainforest.”
Review of Manoa Falls

and up
Manoa Waterfalls Run and Hike Tour
Ranked #40 of 341 things to do in Honolulu
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Very picturesque trek thru the rainforest back to the waterfall, trail is a bit tricky in spots but worth the hike. We lucked out and got back past the muddy spot before the rain hit us, so it wasn't too bad. After a heavy rain there are spots that could be a bit on the treacherous side. Definitely worth the trip though, the sights are beautiful and a good workout.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,112)
All reviews
in 39 reviews
"rainy day"
in 32 reviews

Reviewed October 30, 2013

It was a nice hike through the wetlands of Oahu. Make sure when you go to hike this trail that you have proper shoes because the trail can be really muddy and slick to walk on. I did it in flip flops which was a bad idea because I ended up on my butt a few times because I was slipping on mud. Its very peaceful and beautiful when you get to main point of this trail.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband and I took this hike shortly after a rainfall. About halfway through the hike the gravel ends and the trail becomes quite muddy and can be slippery in spots. Other than navigating the slick spots and over some rocks this was an easy hike. The falls were really flowing and beautiful once we made it to the end. The area around the falls is completely roped off but we were able to get some good pictures from the viewing area. My husband did hurt his ankle on the way down, but I think we had become overconfident by that time and were probably going faster than we should have been given the conditions.

Overall it was a nice, fairly easy hike. Bring mosquito repellent, good shoes, water and something to clean your shoes off with once you're done. There's a $5 parking fee which was totally worth it!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

perhaps our experience was not as nice as some other reviewers here due to weather. We went on a day where it had been drizzling on and off for a couple of days. It was very muddy and slippery and the mosquitoes were out to feast! didnt enjoy the views too much as we were too worried about slipping in the mud. The small waterfall was very anticlimactic. we ruined a few good tennis shoes and white clothing. Luckily I wore crocs and these seemed to be the perfect shoes! I was able to rinse the mud off. There is a water hose at the bottom of the trail. very shady path so no need for hats or shades. my umbrella came in handy when it sprinkled. the walk can get very steep at times. as we went up, there were quite a few who came down giving up on the hike before seeing the waterfall. $5 parking fee.
if you're short on time with your stay in HI, this one you can skip.

1  Thank Nikki C