“Unparalleled Beauty”

$79.00*
Manoa Falls Waterfall Hiking Tour
Ranked #20 of 332 things to do in Honolulu
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is exactly the type of place I was hoping to find in Hawai'i: a tropical forest with its lush plants, trees and flowers. But since it was January, the climb was a bit tricky. The winter rain had covered the trail with a slippery mud, but that only added to our sense of adventure. The beauty of the trail is indescribable. NOTE: the brochure says that it is a short climb, but it took us considerably longer due to the slick trail. So if it is wet, give yourself extra time. The last part of the way down we did in ever increasing darkness. Awesome, true, but a bit treacherous. All in all, we loved this place -- it was one of the highlights of the trip!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,928)

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I'd say the hike would be easy, except it's really muddy after the half part of the trail. It was just drizzling on/off when we went, what more if it was really raining! A lot of the hikers already went barefoot, but I don't know if it makes it easier? So make sure you wear shoes that you don't mind getting real muddy! I enjoyed it though, I went with my family and my 3-year-old nephew made it too! and he really enjoyed playing in the mud puddles. It's also good that there are 2 water hoses at the start of the trail to water down all the mud off your shoes. It might be good to bring slippers too!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Advisory: There is a 3/4 hike from the main entrance up to the falls going uphill. However its all paved, wide. Like a street wide.
You can $8 round trip to take an electric golf cart up to the falls.

3  Thank Anthony D
Reviewed June 16, 2013

You have to check out waterfalls in Hawaii, you cant avoid going to visit here. The island is so small I highly recommend visiting as many as you can.

1  Thank Vacationwanted13
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Ithe trail to Manoa Falls was muddy and challenging at times but the scenery is fantastic. you can go on past the falls and continue upward on more trails and see more amazing scenes and vistas. The falls are a bit of a letdown but good company and sturdy hiking boots made it a great day followed by lunch at the restaurant at the trailhead.