“Manoa Falls hike”

and up
Manoa Waterfall Small Group Adventure
Ranked #20 of 333 things to do in Honolulu
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Great hike, slightly challenging, great tour guide, awesome scenery. However, if you've been to Niargara Falls in Ontario Canada, or New York USA, this waterfall is somewhat disappointing. We were there during a dry spell and the waterfall was just a trickle into a small pool. Not really a hike you need a guide for $50 each for, better to go it on your own and save money. Parking at the bottom is $5, didn't see an entry fee of any kind. Allow an hour.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,967)

Reviewed March 24, 2013

My daughter and I did this hike. I had done it 20+ years ago and now had a chance to go with my daughter. What a great time. I was not in the best, but she was very patient and helped me up that trail. But it is very muddy, so don't wear your good hiking shoes, but for goodness sake, make sure you wear some kind of hiking shoes. We saw people in flip flops and healed sandals.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

It is a moderate hike. Nothing difficult or long but can be slippery. Beautiful any time of the year. Tour the Arboretum too.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Absolutely stunning. A swim under the water fall even when the water can be quite cool is something else. To see all the different types of plants - just beautiful

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I read up on this through Trip advisor so I had seen the reviews regarding going after the rain. The day we went it had been raining all day, and still was a little. The falls were very full and beautiful ! We didn't get too muddy. Well worth the hike, which wasn't too difficult. Even if the falls had been small the hike through the rain forest was really beautiful !!!